2019 Arm Lock Putters

ProjectX_MizunoProjectX_Mizuno Members Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
Gave this method a go not too long ago with a Bettinardi, but the putter itself didn’t seem to suit me (probably some impatience on my end as well).

I want to try a new a arm lock putter, but there doesn’t seem to be too many on the market. Please list the arm lock putters for 2019 that you know of and thanks for the help!

Comments

• Calle83Calle83 Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    there isn’t that many out there I think the best route is to find a putter you like and modify it to an armlock as long as the head weighs 350+g I think anyone would work.
    Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic 4
    FW: Callaway Epic 3
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX3 52,56 Titleist Vokey 60
    Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 Armlock
    Ball: Bridgestone B330
  • marmadukmarmaduk Members Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I don’t believe that would work as the arm lock lofts are higher than normal?
    WITB: Epon, Ryoma, A-Grind, Yururi, Bettinardi
    http://www.golfwrx.c...-pic-heavy-jdm/

Trees may be 90% air but they're 100% angry.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,511 ✭✭
    Odyssey is coming out with a few new arm lock putters this year. Not sure if their actual release date though?
    marmaduk wrote:
    I don’t believe that would work as the arm lock lofts are higher than normal?
    Well you do need to modify them

Longer shaft

Change the loft and this all depends on where you have the ball in your stance
  • hendog39hendog39 Members Posts: 109 ✭✭
    I have a tank 1 that I just extended to 41 inches. Had it bent to 71 lie and five degrees of loft. Added a super stroke flat so 17. Indoor putting right now but I like the feel of armlock and can’t wait for spring to see if it will work on course
    hendog39 wrote:
    I have a tank 1 that I just extended to 41 inches. Had it bent to 71 lie and five degrees of loft. Added a super stroke flat so 17. Indoor putting right now but I like the feel of armlock and can’t wait for spring to see if it will work on course
    Nice that's pretty much what I'm thinking of doing when I get my hands on a QB Bettinardi putter image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • cmrl1986cmrl1986 Members Posts: 2,354
    My club builder and I just got done building mine, although I'm waiting on a new grip to come in.

We took a Cameron Notchback counter balance and threw the Bettinardi Kuchar shaft in it. Tweaked the length, lie, and loft to my stance and bam. I've been practicing with it the last 3 days and every day it seems to feel a bit better. I won't have a real test until the weather breaks and I can test it on real greens.
    PING G400 LST 8.5 w/Fujikura Rombax Type X stiff
    Mizuno ST190 w/Tensei Blue 70 stiff
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 iron w/DG 120 stiff
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-pw w/DG 120 stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Blackout 50/54/62 w/s400 onyx

**Putter Rotation**
    Bettinardi Inovai Armlock 395g
    Byron DH89 Custom Carbon Blue Oil 350g
    Piretti Tour Proto 340g