Cushman Custom Putters

entourage2entourage2 Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
Always been the type of guy that shy away from big putter companies (i.e. Scottys and Odysseys).

My eye definitely gravitated to the handmade putters of these smaller places like Byron Morgan. My current gamer is the Byron Morgan 615 head.

Recently, I had the opportunity meet a young guy by the name of David of Cushman Golf. I got to talk with him (cool guy btw) and convinced to me to get one of handmade sticks. Just wanted to share some picture he's been sending me through the process.

I thought it was pretty unique with those horizontal lines on the bumpers. Love that antique looks with the bluish tint on the sole.

Just wanted to give a shoutout and share my putter to everyone here. And to support all these small business owners that actually take the time to put the smallest detail into these handmade putters.

Let me know what you guys think!

Comments

• 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,356 ✭✭
    edited Feb 7, 2019 8:34pm #2
    entourage2 wrote:

Always been the type of guy that shy away from big putter companies (i.e. Scottys and Odysseys).

My eye definitely gravitated to the handmade putters of these smaller places like Byron Morgan. My current gamer is the Byron Morgan 615 head.

Recently, I had the opportunity meet a young guy by the name of David of Cushman Golf. I got to talk with him (cool guy btw) and convinced to me to get one of handmade sticks. Just wanted to share some picture he's been sending me through the process.

I thought it was pretty unique with those horizontal lines on the bumpers. Love that antique looks with the bluish tint on the sole.

Just wanted to give a shoutout and share my putter to everyone here. And to support all these small business owners that actually take the time to put the smallest detail into these handmade putters.

I follow them on IG and generally like the stuff they post. The finish and milling are both gorgeous. Enjoy your new putter!
  • entourage2entourage2 Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    1puttTUT wrote:

entourage2 wrote:

I follow them on IG and generally like the stuff they post. The finish and milling are both gorgeous. Enjoy your new putter!

Yeah, I started following him too. He was really easy to work with too. I just can't wait to get it and use it as my next gamer.

With his name on these putters, he will only deliver it perfect. This is the type of craftsmanship you can't get from big box companies.

LOVE IT!
  • chadly643chadly643 Members Posts: 453 ✭✭
    Looks like you found a true craftsman. Congrats!
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 3,983 ✭✭
    David does great work congrats on the putter!
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members Posts: 2,396 ✭✭
    Beautiful putter and pricing seems very competitive
    King LTD Rogue 95 MSI
    2007 Burner 3 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    2007 Burner 5 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid True Temper Project X 6.0
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Custom Cameron & Crown 5MB
    Wilson Staff Duo

Beautiful putter and pricing seems very competitive

Agreed. Pretty competitive compared to similar putters.

Plus for the flat price we pretty much added all the bells and whistles (ie scalloped neck, lines on bumper, and asked what kind of stamping). Pretty cool IMO too many places now charge an arm and a leg for the “add-on” menu.
  • tcutshaw1723tcutshaw1723 ClubWRX Posts: 78 ClubWRX
    [sharedmedia=core:attachments:4840222]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4840220]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4840170]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4840170]

I too am a proud Cushman Golf supporter and customer. I was drooling over all of the handmade customs in Instagram when I stumbled upon Cushman. I dm'd him with a few questions and got an immediate response (try that with the other well known guys). He even sent me a special link for black friday pricing and we were off. I had a ton of questions and requests and Cushman Golf was more than happy to make them come true. I even ordered a bag tag and the awesome divot repair tool. I received numerous pictures along the way and my putter was finished in the exact time it was promised. The pictures literally didn't to the putter justice. It is so **** beautiful and putts like a dream. I went with the big cat LH and had a few custom options added. I get so many compliments on my putter and I am already thinking about a mallet now and I will for sure be going with Cushman Golf again. His prices are way too cheap fpr the product that you get. The only thing I need now is my Cru custom headcover with the Cushman logo on it. It should be here next week and I will be sure to add pics.
    LH Taylormade M5 Aldila ATX Tour Green Proto 60 tx
    LH Ping G stretch Kuro Kage XD x stiff tipped 1/2 in
    LH PXG 0317x 19 3h project x 6.5
    LH Miura CB no paintfill 4-PW project x catalyst 6.5
    LH 50, vokey sm5 black hand hammered, stamped and parts refinished to raw
    LH Haywood Satin 56 (bent to 54) hand hammered, stamped and paintfilled
    LH Callaway MD3 58 black hand hammered, removed some finish to raw, stamped and paintfilled
    LH Cushman Custom (handmade) on the bench: Bradley Putters custom Luna
    Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Maple Leaf
    Cru desinged custom headcovers
    Custom Ping Hoofer 14

I too am a proud Cushman Golf supporter and customer. I was drooling over all of the handmade customs in Instagram when I stumbled upon Cushman. I dm'd him with a few questions and got an immediate response (try that with the other well known guys). He even sent me a special link for black friday pricing and we were off. I had a ton of questions and requests and Cushman Golf was more than happy to make them come true. I even ordered a bag tag and the awesome divot repair tool. I received numerous pictures along the way and my putter was finished in the exact time it was promised. The pictures literally didn't to the putter justice. It is so **** beautiful and putts like a dream. I went with the big cat LH and had a few custom options added. I get so many compliments on my putter and I am already thinking about a mallet now and I will for sure be going with Cushman Golf again. His prices are way too cheap fpr the product that you get. The only thing I need now is my Cru custom headcover with the Cushman logo on it. It should be here next week and I will be sure to add pics.

Nice looking putter!! Couldn’t agree with you more about the communication along the way. Can’t wait to get mine!
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,289 ✭✭
    Very nice.. really like the neck. What's his pricing like? Thanks
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,289 ✭✭
    Found the pricing. Very fair for the 2 "stock" custom offerings
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
    entourage2 wrote:

Nice looking putter!! Couldn’t agree with you more about the communication along the way. Can’t wait to get mine!
    You're going to love it. I have been a mallet guy for a while and thought I might struggle with the blade but I swear its easy to line up and gives you the best feel. I no longer blow putts by the hole and my confidence has grown tenfold. David is a magician and it won't be too long before he blows up like the mannkrafted and lamb's of the world.
    LH Callaway MD3 58 black hand hammered, removed some finish to raw, stamped and paintfilled
    Custom Ping Hoofer 14
    LionGolfer wrote:

Found the pricing. Very fair for the 2 "stock" custom offerings

I don't think he's limited to what's just on his website because i think the pricing was the same and it was a carbon steel putter. I was following his IG and noticed he also has some copper putter. Def worth shooting him a message.
  • CircaflexCircaflex Well, I gotta go now. I’ve got a lotta bouncin’ to do! Members Posts: 727 ✭✭
    That's a nice looking stick; I'll check out their website.
    #Ping #TaylorMade #Bettinardi #Snell #Arccos #MitholoG #SunFishKnit
    GHIN: 2719293

j0zhnl.png
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 910 ✭✭
    Dude makes some nice/different stuff, prices are even good compared to the other "boutique" custom guys. His prices just go to show how much people overpay for the other guys products.
    I had the boys down at Cru golf design me a custom headcover for my Cushman because it deserves something like this. I know David is working with a few companies on design of his own (which I will buy once he gets them) but I just couldn't wait. I played again this past Sunday on some slippery greens and only had 26 putts. I seriously can't understate how much I love this putter
    Custom Ping Hoofer 14
    My putter came in and wanted to update the crew and give my review. Let me know what you guys think, thanks everyone!

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1751486-cushman-custom-putters-my-putter-has-arrived-review/