two sets of irons which one?

golfanatic22 ·  
golfanatic22golfanatic22 Members  4WRX Points: 0Posts: 4
one is mine one is kind of
okay title kind of says it all...last august i bought a set of irons titleist 755's and this winter my parents got me a set of no name(not big name brand) irons.. ive been hitting those for a while now but still can't get away from my 755's... ive compared them and hit the 755s way better

my parents say that im more consistent or w/e with the other set but i hit the 755's way better than the other set....so they don't know jack

what do i say to them b/c they know i am a club ho and i go through clubs a bit...so how do i break it to them?

i want to break it to them in a soft way b/c my dad never lets me spend money and my mom is the one i go to when i buy clubs b/c my dad runs a business and always says no b/c i should be "saving my money" which i am when im working.....

argh what do i say?!
Posted:

Comments

• w7n23jw7n23j Members  263WRX Points: 0Posts: 263
    Although I am still a bit confused on what you are needing help on, I would say play with the set that you are scoring well with; in this case seems to be the 755s.

As for breaking it to your folks softly question, is it because that they do not know that you bought the 755s and you need advice on how to tell them about it since they gave you a new set of no name(not big name brand) irons?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • xan_userxan_user Members  875WRX Points: 0Posts: 875
    Make your case by showing them a few score cards played with each set.

I think they'd want you to keep what ever worked best.

I want my kids playing the best matched equipment we can afford.
    Posted:
    "Please accept my resignation.
    I don’t care to belong to any club that
    will have me as a member".
  • golfanatic22golfanatic22 Members  4WRX Points: 0Posts: 4
    noo they know i bought the irons...

and to the second post that actually is a pretty good idea....

i was just wanted some input on how i could break it to my parents because i know that there are at least some people on here that have kids that golf

thanks!
    Posted:
  • w7n23jw7n23j Members  263WRX Points: 0Posts: 263
    golfanatic22 wrote on Jun 20 2008, 01:01 PM:

i was just wanted some input on how i could break it to my parents because i know that there are at least some people on here that have kids that golf

thanks!

Gotcha. How about spending a father/child time at the range and show him how you are hitting each set? That would be priceless... image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Posted:
  • xan_userxan_user Members  875WRX Points: 0Posts: 875
    w7n23j wrote on Jun 20 2008, 11:06 AM:
    golfanatic22 wrote on Jun 20 2008, 01:01 PM:

thanks!

Gotcha. How about spending a father/child time at the range and show him how you are hitting each set? That would be priceless... image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

Just don't make the clubs look like they play too good, or dad will want them for himself!
    Posted:
    "Please accept my resignation.
    I don’t care to belong to any club that
    will have me as a member".
  • golfanatic22golfanatic22 Members  4WRX Points: 0Posts: 4
    well that range time sounds like a good idea except....my dad has a bad back and doesn't golf alot...altough he did golf recently so maybe ill try that...also my brother will be needing a new set soo i could have him hit the no name brand and see how he does with them that way the clubs wont go to waste image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members  1784WRX Points: 115Posts: 1,784 Platinum Tees
    If your parents are complaining about you being a club ho why did they go out and buy you a new set of irons after you had gotten the 755s last august. Just hit whichever ones you hit best...doesn't matter if they look good in your bag or not. I learned that lesson a long time ago.
    Posted:
  • steelmonkfruitsteelmonkfruit The Ball is your Friend! Members  292WRX Points: 0Posts: 292
    your parents wasted money for a set of clubs that are worse than your old set.

Thats not your problem image/yess.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

This happen to me in the reverse order. My dad, thinking he is the better buyer, bought me on ebay 5 years used cleveland clubs that have pinhead size rust dots on the shaft and the back of the club heads looked like a dog chewed them up.

Just tell them the TRUTH! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.