TopGolf Unlimited Play 9AM-Noon Mon-Fri for $15 Per Person

bhj83bhj83 Kansas City, KSMembers Posts: 757 ✭✭
I'm sure some already know this, but TopGolf offers the deal at most locations. Joined a buddy at the KC location this morning and it was 12 degrees out...a little brisk but not unbearable in my opinion with the heaters. I had to try out my Z Forged irons that I received yesterday so I was willing to risk it lol.
TaylorMade '16 M1 Tour 8.5 Driver
Cobra King F7 3-4W Blue
Cobra King F6 Baffler 5W
TaylorMade '17 M1 4 Hybrid
Srixon Combo Set: 5-6 Z785, 7-PW Z Forged
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Collection Juno
Callaway Chrome Soft or Kirkland Signature 3 Piece Urethane
Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder
Linksouldier Golf Bag

Comments

• Logan159Logan159 Members Posts: 88 ✭✭
    That’s dedication. How did you like the Z forged though? Nice looking irons for sure.
    [font=georgia,serif]TaylorM[/font][font=georgia, serif]ade M3 9.5 Kuro Kage XD 60 TX[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Titleist 818 h2 17* Veylix Rome 988x
    Titleist 818 h1 21* Veylix Rome 988x
    Ping i210 4-PW Project x LZ 6.5
    National Custom Works 50,54,58 True temper s400 onyx
    Piretti 801 tour issue
    [/font]
  • bhj83bhj83 Kansas City, KSMembers Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Logan159 wrote:

That’s dedication. How did you like the Z forged though? Nice looking irons for sure.

VERY pleased with them so far! Can't wait to get them on the course for the true test, but they exceeded my expectations today.
    Cobra King F7 3-4W Blue
    Cobra King F6 Baffler 5W
    Linksouldier Golf Bag
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members Posts: 1,575 ✭✭
    How are their Bloody Maria's?
    Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,634 ✭✭
    edited Feb 12, 2019 1:30am #5
    Should be TopBowlingAlleyStyleGolf

Or Top Bowling Alley Golf Style

TBAGS!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mikewohlwendmikewohlwend ClubWRX Posts: 334 ClubWRX
    This isn't a bad deal.
  • AugsterAugster Members Posts: 4,196 ✭✭
    Is this deal everywhere? On Topgolf Minneapolis I don’t see the deal. Just 1/2 off everything on Tuesdays.

TopGolf is a joke BTW. I really don’t see the draw as it’s not aimed at “real golfers”.

But, it’s heated, and outdoors. For $15 unlimited for 3 hours of range balls when it’s sub 20 degrees outside? Perfect application. Except for the pushy waiters/waitresses bugging you to buy drinks and food.
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer ClubWRX Posts: 3,357 ClubWRX
    Top Golf is smart. They dont make money on you hitting golf balls. They make money on you ordering food and stuff during that time frame.
    Cobra F8 9* Aldila Rogue 60 3.0 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 14.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.3 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 17.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.6 X Stiff
    Cobra MB/CB 4-PW DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Cobra MB 50/54/60 DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Taylor Made Ghost Long Hosel DA22
    Vice Pro +
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    Augster wrote:

Is this deal everywhere? On Topgolf Minneapolis I don't see the deal. Just 1/2 off everything on Tuesdays.

TopGolf is a joke BTW. I really don't see the draw as it's not aimed at "real golfers".

But, it's heated, and outdoors. For $15 unlimited for 3 hours of range balls when it's sub 20 degrees outside? Perfect application. Except for the pushy waiters/waitresses bugging you to buy drinks and food.

Dependent on location, I think.

It's not intended to be aimed at real golfers, it's a place that's like a bowling alley where you can bring people who haven't played the sport for a fun time.
  • fatkidfatkid Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Anyone know if this is going on at the Edison location?
    fatkid wrote:

Anyone know if this is going on at the Edison location?

https://topgolf.com/us/promo/unlimited-play/

It states the following exclusions but I'd call to make sure before you go. That's what I did for KC.

Promotion will not be available at Topgolf Auburn Hills, Baton Rouge, Columbus, Greenville, Myrtle Beach and Pharr.
    Cobra King F7 3-4W Blue
    Cobra King F6 Baffler 5W
    Linksouldier Golf Bag
  • BeachsideGolferBeachsideGolfer Members Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Always cracks me up looking over and seeing the guy with the full outfit and staff bag there for a practice session
  • Stephen1125Stephen1125 Members Posts: 429 ✭✭
    I go to top golf maybe once or twice a month for this deal. Normally only if the weather is crap, otherwise I'll spend my time at a range with real balls.

I agree with the above statement about it being more of a hangout spot rather than a place to golf.

Their balls are very limited flight. They do ok with irons but woods lose significant distance.

But as a place to hang out...the food is great, I've never had a bad meal there. I think the food pricing is fair as well. Certainly not cheap but it won't break the bank. The drinks are very over priced.

PS. Don't bring your own rubber tee, haha. I got a new driver and it's been raining for several days. I wanted to test it out but Top Golf's tees are like ½" tall. I swapped it for a taller tee and within 20 minutes the manager came up to us and said that's a big NO NO.
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,602 ✭✭
    Do people really bring their own clubs to TopGolf, and go there for practice? I mean, it's fun - I like alcohol, food, girls, and golf, and especially like them all together. But those restricted flight balls don't really make for a realistic golf experience, and the delta bravos in the stall next door drinking Lime-a-Ritas and high-fiving about the big account they just closed don't exactly make me want to haul in my clubs, lay down a couple alignment rods, and get some work in.
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black 
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
    GoIrish17 wrote:

Do people really bring their own clubs to TopGolf, and go there for practice? I mean, it's fun - I like alcohol, food, girls, and golf, and especially like them all together. But those restricted flight balls don't really make for a realistic golf experience, and the delta bravos in the stall next door drinking Lime-a-Ritas and high-fiving about the big account they just closed don't exactly make me want to haul in my clubs, lay down a couple alignment rods, and get some work in.

I took my clubs when I went for the deal but I was literally looking for a place to hit balls that would be warmer than 10 degrees. I'm not sitting there grinding...just looking for a place to hit some balls because I hadn't been able to do that at all for weeks with the winter we've had here in KC. Sometimes you lower your standards when you're an addict and you need any kind of fix haha
    Cobra King F7 3-4W Blue
    Cobra King F6 Baffler 5W
    Linksouldier Golf Bag
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,602 ✭✭
    bhj83 wrote:

GoIrish17 wrote:

I took my clubs when I went for the deal but I was literally looking for a place to hit balls that would be warmer than 10 degrees. I'm not sitting there grinding...just looking for a place to hit some balls because I hadn't been able to do that at all for weeks with the winter we've had here in KC. Sometimes you lower your standards when you're an addict and you need any kind of fix haha

You live somewhere with a TopGolf, but no driving ranges nearby with heated, covered bays? That sucks.
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black 
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,347 ✭✭
    GoIrish17 wrote:

bhj83 wrote:

GoIrish17 wrote:

You live somewhere with a TopGolf, but no driving ranges nearby with heated, covered bays? That sucks.

Irish, we probably live within 20 minutes of each other. Sure there are heated/covered ranges around us, but how many are open right now? How are they to pick balls off the range when the ground is covered in snow or ice, or the ground is so sloppy the cart would get stuck? I would agree it sucks, but if you know somewhere you are holding out on then share the info image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />!
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • AugsterAugster Members Posts: 4,196 ✭✭
    GoIrish17 wrote:

I go just to practice. The last heated range went belly up last year and TopGolf opened.

When it’s 10 degrees outside, there isn’t anywhere else to watch full flight. You can go to domes, but the ball hits the far end in 50 yards. Tells you nothing.

My ball doesn’t start hooking until about 80 yards when I mess up my path. Even with the limited flight balls, I can feel contact and watch the full ball flight. Unless it’s snowing. Which it has been both times I’ve gone.

My friend likes to play the games. He’s too short to use all the greens, so it’s really just pitching practice when he’s there. Which is a complete waste of time. So I’m going to have to start going by myself.

But I bring my Sunday bag in every time. I want to use my own clubs. Seems really silly not to.