Tiger Woods/ Rory McIlroy/ Justin Thomas

Phil Mickelson/ Xander Schauffele/ Jordan Spieth

and TWO GolfWRX featured groups...

Bryson DeChambeau/ Matt Kuchar/Jon Rahm

Cameron Champ/ Dustin Johnson/ Bubba Watson
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • Danny ChooDanny Choo Members Posts: 136 ✭✭
    My top in order or however they place within.

Tiger woods

Bryson Dechambeau

Phil Mickelson

Martin Kaymer

Charles Howell iii

• BarfolomewBarfolomew #worstWRXer Members Posts: 1,242 ✭✭
    Hoping OP didnt type all those names lol...
    G30 LS
    M2 BMW
    XR 4 Hybrid
    OnOffOnAgain Kuros
    Cleveland Blob
    Square Strike
    SeeMore Butts
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,741 ✭✭
    Someone was wondering about field strength.

Current projection is for a stellar first place total of 64. Last year's event netted 62 OWGR points for the winner. This event only trails the majors, WGCs, FedEx Playoffs and the Memorial.

And that is without world #1 Justin Rose and #2 Brooks Koepka.

Anyone in the OWGR Top 50 today makes the field at WGC-Mexico as does Abraham Ancer as the world's highest ranked Mexican.

Anyone moving into the Fed Ex Cup Top 10 at the Genesis Open will also get a spot in Mexico next week.

• kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,839 ClubWRX
    Interpol wrote:

I’ll be hole captain on #14 on Wednesday and a marshal on 14 from Thursday to Sunday. Stop by and say hello.

How is it out there in the rain? I was planning to take my kids Wed for the pro am, but not sure how open the players will be to giving autographs etc if the weather is miserable.
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    Genesis Open

Dustin Johnson 8/1

Justin Thomas 12/1

Jon Rahm 14/1

Rory McIlroy 14/1

Bryson DeChambeau 16/1

Tiger Woods 20/1

Bubba Watson 20/1

Xander Schauffele 20/1

Phil Mickelson 20/1

Jordan Spieth 25/1

Tony Finau 25/1

Hideki Matsuyama 25/1

Patrick Cantlay 30/1

Paul Casey 30/1

Matt Kuchar 30/1

Tommy Fleetwood 35/1

Marc Leishman 35/1

Cameron Smith 35/1

Adam Scott 35/1
    WWG1 WGA
    Lasy week I got the first win of the season with Phil.

Going with Bubba this week.

His group is the B52 bomber group. Looking forward to a good show.
    WWG1 WGA
  • InterpolInterpol POWWWWWW Members Posts: 1,023
    kekoa wrote:

Interpol wrote:

I’ll be hole captain on #14 on Wednesday and a marshal on 14 from Thursday to Sunday. Stop by and say hello.

How is it out there in the rain? I was planning to take my kids Wed for the pro am, but not sure how open the players will be to giving autographs etc if the weather is miserable.

As a spectator it's not horrible. Just carry rain gear and an umbrella and you can always take cover under shelter if it comes down hard. This is my 3rd year as a marshal on 14 and 2 years ago we had downpours on Thursday and Friday that suspended play into the weekend. Even had a tree blow down near the #15 tee box. Hopefully this year it won't be as bad.

The pro-am is a good day to go because crowds are virtually nonexistent and the players are more willing to engage with spectators. Here's a shot I took of Tiger on 14 at the pro-am last year.

rh0rkm.jpg
    Cobra King F9, Atmos TS 7X
    Ping G 3W
    Ping G30 3H
    TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52, 56
    Nike X3X 60
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5
  • 3whacker3whacker Members Posts: 409 ✭✭
    kekoa wrote:

Interpol wrote:

the place to get autographs is on the range, NOT while they are on the course ...Riviera is not an easy course to walk, even worse in inclement weather
  • RangeballzRangeballz Members Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    Interpol wrote:

Sounds like an impressive job title. What are the duties of a hole captain?
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,666 ClubWRX
    Interpol wrote:

What if you are holding up the "QUIET PLEASE" sign?
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,777 ✭✭
    Seriously hoping that the TW, JT and Rory group is featured Thursday morning and afternoon here (I have a free slot to at least have the golf on in the background of the office) and then out in the afternoon/evening here.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • pheenomz4774pheenomz4774 Members Posts: 905 ✭✭
    flushem wrote:
    Genesis Open Dustin Johnson 8/1 Justin Thomas 12/1 Jon Rahm 14/1 Rory McIlroy 14/1 Bryson DeChambeau 16/1 Tiger Woods 20/1 Bubba Watson 20/1 Xander Schauffele 20/1 Phil Mickelson 20/1 Jordan Spieth 25/1 Tony Finau 25/1 Hideki Matsuyama 25/1 Patrick Cantlay 30/1 Paul Casey 30/1 Matt Kuchar 30/1 Tommy Fleetwood 35/1 Marc Leishman 35/1 Cameron Smith 35/1 Adam Scott 35/1

Cantlay and Fleetwood looking JUICY at those odds. I'm not a gambling man but that is good value.
    Back to all Ping...
    G400 Driver 9.0°
    G30 3 Wood 15.5°, G 5 Wood 18.5°
    i210 4 - PW
    Glide 50°/54° SS, 58° ES
    Sigma 2 Valor (B.ig U.gly M.allet)
  • InterpolInterpol POWWWWWW Members Posts: 1,023
    edited Feb 12, 2019 11:27am #45
    Rangeballz wrote:

Interpol wrote:

Nah it’s nothing glamorous but it’s fun. The hole captain just assigns and rotates marshals to various spots on the hole for crowd control (and yes, the marshals are the ones holding the “quiet please” signs) and stays in radio contact with HQ to keep track of where all the groups are on the course. The benefit is that we get to be in front of the ropes and see/meet many of the players up close. We are all volunteers.
    Cobra King F9, Atmos TS 7X
    Ping G 3W
    Ping G30 3H
    TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52, 56
    Nike X3X 60
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,194 ✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:

Seriously hoping that the TW, JT and Rory group is featured Thursday morning and afternoon here (I have a free slot to at least have the golf on in the background of the office) and then out in the afternoon/evening here.

This week's featured groups really interest me.

I'd like to see stats on Rory's play with JT as they've been paired together quite a lot in recent times, off the top of my head I reckon it wouldn't be great reading for Rory but I might wrong me.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,832 ✭✭
    Interpol wrote:

Rangeballz wrote:

Interpol wrote:

I'll be hole captain on #14 on Wednesday and a marshal on 14 from Thursday to Sunday. Stop by and say hello.

Nah it's nothing glamorous but it's fun. The hole captain just assigns and rotates marshals to various spots on the hole for crowd control (and yes, the marshals are the ones holding the "quiet please" signs) and stays in radio contact with HQ to keep track of where all the groups are on the course. The benefit is that we get to be in front of the ropes and see/meet many of the players up close. We are all volunteers.
    you got that position after three years ! It would take 10 at last weeks tourney.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag

MattyO1984 wrote:

This week's featured groups really interest me.

I'd like to see stats on Rory's play with JT as they've been paired together quite a lot in recent times, off the top of my head I reckon it wouldn't be great reading for Rory but I might wrong me.

Definitely wasn't great in Paris!
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,194 ✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:

Definitely wasn't great in Paris!

In fairness it was very close there but JT's drive on 18 was just too good and piled massive pressure on Rory.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,839 ClubWRX
    Interpol wrote:

kekoa wrote:

Interpol wrote:

As a spectator it's not horrible. Just carry rain gear and an umbrella and you can always take cover under shelter if it comes down hard. This is my 3rd year as a marshal on 14 and 2 years ago we had downpours on Thursday and Friday that suspended play into the weekend. Even had a tree blow down near the #15 tee box. Hopefully this year it won't be as bad.

The pro-am is a good day to go because crowds are virtually nonexistent and the players are more willing to engage with spectators. Here's a shot I took of Tiger on 14 at the pro-am last year.

rh0rkm.jpg

That looks like when he came over to see our kids and we even got a ball.

• PureStrikes54PureStrikes54 Members Posts: 516 ✭✭
    edited Feb 12, 2019 12:59pm #51
    Even the Mondayers are all solid established players vs. the usual unknowns.

Garrigus, Badds (former winner of this tournament), Curtis Luck, and Richard Lee.

Field gets even stronger.
  • MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members Posts: 848 ✭✭
    Love this tourny. Feels like this is when the season kicks into high gear and all the big boys start showing up at the same tournaments.
  • compton1977compton1977 Members Posts: 437 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Interpol wrote:

What if you are holding up the "QUIET PLEASE" sign?

This is an underrated comment
    good crowd so far unlike AT&T.

I once volunteered for LPGA Kia Classic when it was in LA. It was definitely fun driving players from airports to hotels. I just had to fill in 8 hours of volunteering.
    WWG1 WGA
    And the last man in the field is Lukas Euler of the University of Kentucky, who won the Genesis Open Collegiate Showcase.

San Jose State won the team competition.

edited Feb 12, 2019 4:26pm #56
    Tee times

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/genesis-open/tee-times.html

Kuchar and Sergio off at the same time to make it convenient for those carrying torches and pitchforks.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members Posts: 848 ✭✭
    Be awesome to see Tiger finally get a W here this week, especially right after PM winning last week.

Be awesome to see Tiger finally get a W here this week, especially right after PM winning last week.

Would love it but can't see it, I just don't see the driver as being reliable enough for it to give him enough opportunities.
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • redfirebird08redfirebird08 Members Posts: 7,916 ✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:

Would love it but can't see it, I just don't see the driver as being reliable enough for it to give him enough opportunities.

I don't see any part of his game being reliable enough to win right now. Iron game looked very rough at Torrey. Putting was not good. Making the cut would be a good result for him this week, especially since it's a course he struggles with through the years.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,666 ClubWRX
    Tiger's featured group will be fun to watch both days. Glad I got the subscription, luckily lots of reading to do at work - always studied best with a little TV on. ;-)
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭
    Bubba's a horses-for-courses guy so hard to pick against him this week. I'm reading about wet conditions as well so not to pick on Rory but he seems to thrive in wet & soft (don't we all - in some form image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> ) so I'll throw a top 5 in there for him as well.
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    W/S C300 15* - Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S C300 20*/23* - Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S FG Tour Forged - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    W/S Bucktown