Cleveland by Ben Crenshaw shaft

ricar1610ricar1610 Members Posts: 595
I was hoping someone could tell me what shaft I need for a Cleveland by Ben Crenshaw 8802 style putter head? I have researched a lot and get various answers. Flare tip, fluted shaft etc. Tip diameter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
TItleist 917 D3 Diamana D+ 70s
Ping G 25 15* Diamana D+ 70s
Callaway Apex 20* Kuro Kage
Titleist 714 CB 4-PW DG s300
SM5 52/56/60
Studio Select Newport 2

Comments

• Fellaheen51Fellaheen51 Go Green MichiganMembers Posts: 4,410 ✭✭
    While not the BC Cleveland, have a Cleveland 'Designed By' putter. Has a flare tip, stepped, non-fluted shaft. You can easily recognize the flare when in hand. Would surmise that the BC has the same shaft. Believe the TT0004P would be the shaft that's needed. If fluted, would have to go the salvage route.

May want to post your query here. There are several (believe Big Stu has one) in Classic that have a BC Cleveland and could confirm.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs
  • skralyskraly ClubWRX Posts: 1,536 ClubWRX

While not the BC Cleveland, have a Cleveland 'Designed By' putter. Has a flare tip, stepped, non-fluted shaft. You can easily recognize the flare when in hand. Would surmise that the BC has the same shaft. Believe the TT0004P would be the shaft that's needed. If fluted, would have to go the salvage route.

May want to post your query here. There are several (believe Big Stu has one) in Classic that have a BC Cleveland and could confirm.

The Cleveland Designed by and the Cleveland Designed by Ben Crenshaw are exactly the same putter with the exception of the name on the sole.
  • ricar1610ricar1610 Members Posts: 595

While not the BC Cleveland, have a Cleveland 'Designed By' putter. Has a flare tip, stepped, non-fluted shaft. You can easily recognize the flare when in hand. Would surmise that the BC has the same shaft. Believe the [url="https://www.golfworks.com/true-temper-straight-taper-putter-shaft/p/tt0004p/"]TT0004P[/url] would be the shaft that's needed. If fluted, would have to go the salvage route.

May want to post your query [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/258-hickory-persimmon-and-classic-clubs/"]here[/url]. There are several (believe Big Stu has one) in Classic that have a BC Cleveland and could confirm.

Thank you for the info!
    TItleist 917 D3 Diamana D+ 70s
    Ping G 25 15* Diamana D+ 70s
    Callaway Apex 20* Kuro Kage
    Titleist 714 CB 4-PW DG s300
    SM5 52/56/60
    Studio Select Newport 2