2016 Golo 3 compared to 2018 Newport 3

andrevanderpostandrevanderpost ClubWRX Posts: 955 ClubWRX
I don't have the opportunity to test either so looking for input from those who have either tried or preferably played both of these heel shafted mid mallet putters. Specifically looking for insights into length of blade, overall head size and depth of flange from face to back. Also would like to know how they feel compared to each other.

Finally if you have experience of the original Del Mar 3.5 I would be interested in comparison to that as well.

Comments

• collindm1collindm1 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Wish I could give you help on the Del Mar 3.5 and 2016 Golo 3, but I've only rolled the Del Mar 2011 and 2013 California Del Mar, and 2015 Golo 3.

I do know that the Newport 3 is softer in feel than both the 2015 and 2016 Golo 3 models. The Del Mar models I've rolled are the firmest I've rolled out of the golo line and newport line. The blade is more wide on the newport 3 and more tiered and rounded and longer from flange to back. I prefer the look of the Golo's and Del Mar models more than I do the newport 3. If it were me, I'd buy a 2015/2016 Golo 3 or a Del Mar. That being said, roll the Newport 3's at a golf shop to at least get a feel for those.
  • golfguy1985golfguy1985 Members Posts: 136 ✭✭
    Feel is softer on the Newport I game the golo 3 - 2016 and it feels soft but with a good click to it. I personally like the smaller appearing headshape of the golo compared to the Newport. It just comes down to what looks and feels best to you. Putters are so personal it is hard to listen to other people's subjections to feel and looks.
    PXG Gen 2 0811X - Evenflow White 65x
    Aeroburner TP - 16.5* Aldila Proto 75x
    Covert Forged 3i - Aldila RIP Tour 115x
    Srixon Z785 4-PW - Modus Tour 120
    RTX3 52/58 - DG s400
    PXG Bat Attack H Gen1 - 33.5"
    Titleist AVX