ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

First time being announced on tee

kozubskozubs Advanced Members Posts: 269
Our course participates in an interclub Ryder Cup style event. No handicapping just the stronger players playing in pairs better ball. This year we were down some good players so while scrapping the bottom of the barrel they asked me to play. I do clubs c's but no tournaments like this but thought it would be fun.

On the first tee (we were visiting another course) there was a gallery and they announced me before teeing off. I was surprised how nervous it made me feel. I felt out of my league especially as we were playing the course record holder.

Comments

• Gunner22Gunner22 RHODY RHODY RHODY RAMS RAMS RAMS Advanced Members Posts: 2,512 ✭✭
    It gets easier and easier. Play well
    PING G400 Max 9* Project X HZRDUS Yellow
    Mizuno ST190 Atmos Black Tour Spec
    PING i20 17* White Pearl KBS
    Titleist 816 22* H2 Atmos Blue Tour Spec
    Titleist 718 AP2 KBS SE Black C-Taper
    CP Functional Art Wedges KBS SE Black
    PXG Mini Gunboat
    Robert Mark Headcovers
    Iomic Grips
    BB&F Ferrules
    Jordan Shoes
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Advanced Members Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Yep. That's happened to me. It really adds to the tournament feel. It's one thing if you cold top it in front of a bunch of strangers, but now they know your name. Lol.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • caniac6caniac6 Advanced Members Posts: 2,612 ✭✭
    I was playing in a gangsome with 3-4 groups, and it was my first round back after a vasectomy. I'm in the first group getting ready to tee off, and one guy says, " May I have your attention, please? Rich is now a gelding!" I hit about a 75 yard worm burner.
  • SixtySomePingSixtySomePing Advanced Members Posts: 4,868 ✭✭
    So you just stepped up the golf ladder another rung, good for you. After all you did get picked, they announced your name, and you played against the club record holder. That's all good stuff. Hopefully it will give you more confidence in your game. I think they'll announce your name again before too long...
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Advanced Members Posts: 3,347 ✭✭
    Good to have a shot that you know will put you in play. 3 wood, a touch back in your stance, get on top of it and hit a squeeze fade into the fairway or something similar for when you feel the heat.
  • Matt JMatt J Advanced Members Posts: 8,559 ✭✭

Good to have a shot that you know will put you in play. 3 wood, a touch back in your stance, get on top of it and hit a squeeze fade into the fairway or something similar for when you feel the heat.

Or ride the adrenaline and go for broke... set your own personal long drive record?

It is match play image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Matt J wrote:

Or ride the adrenaline and go for broke... set your own personal long drive record?

Seriously, whatever works. I was always put at ease by forking one into the fairway. Some guys are put ease by unleashing. Not just on the first tee but anytime you feel the pressure or uneasy. I was impressed by Patrick Reed hitting his whirlybird cut on 18 at Augusta, a shot he had been hitting just a few months at the time. He gutted it, so that move is obviously one that he trusts with the pressure on.
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Advanced Members Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited February 10
    I played in a charity scramble a couple of years ago. No real pressure but the guy calling our names was Frank White, former gold glove 2nd baseman for the Royals, and childhood hero of mine. Then he heckled me....can’t remember what he said, it was all in good fun. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ping G400
    Callaway V Series 3w, HW
    Callaway Steelhead 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • b.heltsb.helts Advanced Members Posts: 2,794 ✭✭
    The worst is being announced on the tee and there is literally no one there but the dude doing the announcing and your playing partners.

They announce your name, you nod or look up, it’s an involuntary reaction, and then you feel like a complete dope. But if you don’t acknowledge it at all you feel like a ****.

That’s a weird feeling.
  • Matt JMatt J Advanced Members Posts: 8,559 ✭✭

Matt J wrote:

Seriously, whatever works. I was always put at ease by forking one into the fairway. Some guys are put ease by unleashing. Not just on the first tee but anytime you feel the pressure or uneasy. I was impressed by Patrick Reed hitting his whirlybird cut on 18 at Augusta, a shot he had been hitting just a few months at the time. He gutted it, so that move is obviously one that he trusts with the pressure on.

A friend who played pro always jokes, par is the hardest score to make when you need a few to win.

Agreed about Reed.

There's something romantic about hearing your name on the loudspeaker. Time to really focus on the PSR. If I were smart I'd use it as an opportunity to count my clubs one last time. Been known to leave an extra club in the bag. So dumb.
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp Advanced Members Posts: 3,174 ✭✭
    So how the first hole go for you?
    Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep 14.5*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 22*
    Maltby DBM 4-PW w. PX LZ 6.0
    Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58*
    Taylormade TP Mullen
    Callaway Supersoft
  • BicknellCCBicknellCC Advanced Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    I got into a pre tournament shoot out against 9 of the best golfers in the field, by default as well. To qualify, you pay a fee, and play in our weekend noon game and the lowest 10 scores make it into the shoot out. I showed up to watch, and they only had 9. Since I had played in qualifying events, they let me pay and play. It also helped that I was a 13 handicap, so no one in the field felt like I was a last minute ringer being added.

I knew all of my opponents except 2 guys who were in town for the tourney, and most of the spectators, so I thought it was cool to get announced on the tee.

In fact, it may've loosened me up a little, because some of my buds in the crowd heckled me as I was teeing up my ball. I hit my drive dead straight about 230 down the middle. I held on for 4 holes, and bowed out on number 5.
  • brkuckbrkuck Advanced Members Posts: 1,612 ✭✭
    Next up: Lafferty, Daniel, and Gilmore, Happy
  • North TexasNorth Texas Advanced Members Posts: 3,878 ✭✭
    edited February 10
    First, and still the only time, that I was announced on the first tee was the 1984 Texas State Amateur at Horseshoe Bay.

There was probably 20-25 people standing the first tee and my knees were literally shaking when they announced my name. The truth of the matter is that they actually begin shaking before they even announced my name. Never had experienced that before and haven't experienced it since. I could hardly take the club back and "managed" to **** a driver that went all of about 175 yards in the right rough. The good news is that I did end parring the hole though.
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff The GOAT Advanced Members Posts: 27,954 ✭✭
    In our club championship this year i was playing in the final group with 2 of the top juniors in the province, one of whom is one of the top 2-3 juniors in Canada. Our Club pro announced the players on the tee and for the juniors was listing all their tournament wins and etc...Like "Quebec Junior Amateur Champ etc etc...."

And they after them he was like, "And playing with them.....Jeff"

I was like "I shot a 78 the other day" , i think it got some laughs
    Cobra F8+ 8.5 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV 65
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w//Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
    Odyssey O-works #7 Red Tank
  • TServosTServos Advanced Members Posts: 374
    I always announce myself. In my head. In the voice of the guy who used to announce at the British open.
    Ping
  • kozubskozubs Advanced Members Posts: 269
    bigmoneyp wrote:

So how the first hole go for you?

Stripped it down the middle, went for the green in 2 but got a dodgy lie just over a bunker, bladed over the green and up and down for par for the push.

We lost the front nine on number nine and the back nine on 18 after our opponents hit 5 approaches in a row to less than 4 feet. It was nuts. We lost all 3 points. My partner was carried off on a stretcher as his back was broken from carrying me all day. I did win a few holes and pushed a few over the 18.
  • SimpSimp Advanced Members Posts: 2,903
    TServos wrote:

I always announce myself. In my head. In the voice of the guy who used to announce at the British open.

Ivor Robson was the man! I miss his voice.
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
    Simp wrote:

TServos wrote:

Ivor Robson was the man! I miss his voice.

Game number forty, next on the tee from USA: TServos.
  • s1mZs1mZ Members Posts: 79
    Love this thread!

This is what I look forward to the most about our Club Championships. No, we dont have a gallery except maybe 20 pple following the leaders on the the final day. But I love the professional set up, swapping of cards, submitting scorecards and playing until you sink it. I am nervous AF the night before, as I focus on doing better than previous year.

We go again in 3 weeks! The curse looking absolutely stunning (and brutal)
  • FergusonFerguson VAAdvanced Members Posts: 4,229 ✭✭
    Was announced on the tee at the Country Club of Hilton Head about 20 years ago. No tournament - I was playing with a member of the board, though. They did it for everyone, apparently. I heard my name and thought WTH - did a park in a HC spot?
  • 596596 Lakeland, FLAdvanced Members Posts: 3,580 ✭✭
    edited February 11
    I have to say, I've been announced a bunch over the past 30 years. But not for golf. Never in golf as I don't play tournaments. All the announcements were during awards ceremonies for triathlons, running races and cycling races. I'm betting its a bit different. Mine were when the races were already over, not just starting. Although nerves are extremely high at the start of a triathlon where you're standing on a beach with 1000 other competitors readying to mass start a 2.4 mile swim. Then realize you have about 10-12 more hours of racing. You can't let the nerves over take you or you start out too fast and are toast within 15 minutes, with 11 more hours to go.
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Advanced Members Posts: 364 ✭✭
    I got my first set of clubs from a guy that topped his tee shot in front of a gallery and decided it wasn't his thing. I've never been announced on the tee, but I remember that feeling of helplessness on the tee at my first tournament...right before I hooked it into the woods.
  • dennis4190dennis4190 Advanced Members Posts: 556 ✭✭
    First tournament I ever played in was the Kentucky Senior Open. I was paired with 2 local pros and when they announced my name I didn't think I would be able to take the club back. They drilled their tee shots right down the middle and to my surprise I did too. I got to my ball and it was in the middle of the fairway sitting in a sanded divot. Chunked the 2nd shot and proceeded to take a double bogey on the first hole and the nerves were gone and I was off to my 84. One of the pros I played with ended up winning the tournament and I finished 25th..
  • andrueandrue Advanced Members Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    edited February 11

At my club I always tee off the first with a 6 iron. It's a fairly easy decision. Anything longer than that risks one or more bunkers (assuming you keep it in play at all). It's interesting to note that very few of those capable of sending a ball all the way to the green (280 yards, slightly uphill) from the tee attempt it in a competition.

Directly 'above' club house, to the right of the road.

On Mondays and Fridays it's the 10th and if I'm playing on those days I will be more aggressive because I'm warmed up and stand a chance of birdying it with par pretty much expected. But when it's the first hole it has to be taken a little more seriously. Even us high-cappers don't like starting the round with a bogey on such an 'easy' hole image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • SimpSimp Advanced Members Posts: 2,903
    Once at a Nike Tour qualifier.
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • RoodyRoody You ride her until she bucks you or don't ride at all Advanced Members Posts: 1,047 ✭✭
    I've done 13 LPGA pro-ams over the years, and every time they announce each of the amateurs before they announce the pro. And there's always a crowd around the tee.

And yes, I got nervous all 13 times. If I remember right, I think only twice out of 13 times was I able to get up there and pound a perfect drive down the middle. Good news is of all the other times, I never had a fat or topped shot. It was usually a slice, or hook, or I just missed the fairway a little.

It always seemed to take me a hole to get the butterflies out in those things.

It did make it easier when they announce us on the first tee of the club championship. Though there are far less people standing around watching for that.
    Titleist ProV1x
    Titleist 915 D2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
    Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
    Odyssey Black Series #7
    Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges
  • youraway2youraway2 Just Old Sticks Advanced Members Posts: 1,402
    Don't think the Starter isn't nervous as well, especially when a name may be difficult. Just think you're announced on the tee, and a large group of fellow golfers and spectators are near the tee and your name is announced and it's not even close to correct. The Starter is embarrassed and the player is distracted, thinking can't they get my name correct. It happens.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
    PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
    PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
    Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
    CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
    0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
    SW, 56 PXG
    Ping Nickel Anser II
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Advanced Members Posts: 5,010 ✭✭
    My first tournament was at a high school tournament and I was a freshman. We drove like 2 hours to this course I had never seen and was my first tournament. I had only played match play before then so I didn't really know what to expect but wasn't really nervous. Anyway, next day we got to the course and there was a huge gallery around mainly first tee, like 50-100 people. Was a bunch of schools there. I was 4th player out of 6 for varsity so was playing against mainly juniors and seniors who were pretty good and stronger than I as a freshman just starting school. I got on first tee and they announce your name and school when they want you to tee up. I remember being nervous and just swinging through the ball hoping for the best. Hit this pretty pull cut right into the middle of fairway, can still see the shot in my mind all these years later, it's like burned into my mind, lol. Crowd gave me a pretty good applause I think for hitting fairway.
  • Pooh_BearPooh_Bear Advanced Members Posts: 99
    They do it in all the state tourneys I play in. I'm usually so hopped up on bloody mary's and xanax that I don't really hear it. Or care.
  • BB28403BB28403 Advanced Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭
    Gunner22 wrote:
    It gets easier and easier. Play well

Especially when the announcer hates you because of some past incident with his hot daughter and so he says your name wrong on purpose. You can’t let stuff like that get in your head. It’s just you and the target
  • HehatemeHehateme Advanced Members Posts: 543
    One of the few times I have ever said to myself "o lord let me hit the ball" lol
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 2,981 ClubWRX
    One time in a Senior Tour Celebrity Pro-Am. It was 3 days and two amateurs played with a different celebrity or pro each round. First day, first tee I'm paired with Duke Snyder - yes The Duke Snyder. We're all playing from the same tees so we're all in front of a fairly large gallery. I'm nervous to begin with and then after Duke cracks a huge drive they announce my name. This was in the 80's and my miss at the time was to the right. First hole was water on the left so I'm a little relieved, but when I address the ball I notice my hands are shaking like I have Parkinson's. Take a mighty swing and snap hook it into the lake. Terrible feeling.

Second day I played with Bert Yancy a senior PGA pro and very unfriendly guy. Third day it was Gale Sayers. He was just learning the game and was a terrible golfer but fun to hang around with.

I'm sure it gets easier with time but it was way out of my comfort zone. Its hard to imagine how the pros deal with all the pressure of playing inside the ropes week after week for such high stakes.
    Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Advanced Members Posts: 364 ✭✭
    I was in the gallery at a Champions tournament a dozen years ago, and Bernhard Langer approached the tee on the first hole. The announcer calls out, "On the first tee, Long Hard Banger!", and immediately turned beet red, fumbles out an apology and re-does the announcement. Bernhard was staring a hole through the poor guy. No doubt he had been fooling around with some friends and said exactly what he didn't want to. Funny for everyone but the two of them.
  • malamigmalamig Advanced Members Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Man, that a feeling I havent had in a very long time.
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* AD-DI 6X
    3w: Titleist 917F2 13.5* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19* Oban Devotion 04
    3i: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi AMT X100SS
    4i-PW: Mizuno MP-18 AMT X100
    50*, 55*, 60*: Mizuno T7 AMT X100SS
    Putter: Scotty Cameron
  • Pooh_BearPooh_Bear Advanced Members Posts: 99
    edited February 19
    RSinSG wrote:

One time in a Senior Tour Celebrity Pro-Am. It was 3 days and two amateurs played with a different celebrity or pro each round. First day, first tee I'm paired with Duke Snyder - yes The Duke Snyder. We're all playing from the same tees so we're all in front of a fairly large gallery. I'm nervous to begin with and then after Duke cracks a huge drive they announce my name. This was in the 80's and my miss at the time was to the right. First hole was water on the left so I'm a little relieved, but when I address the ball I notice my hands are shaking like I have Parkinson's. Take a mighty swing and snap hook it into the lake. Terrible feeling.

Second day I played with Bert Yancy a senior PGA pro and very unfriendly guy. Third day it was Gale Sayers. He was just learning the game and was a terrible golfer but fun to hang around with.

I'm sure it gets easier with time but it was way out of my comfort zone. Its hard to imagine how the pros deal with all the pressure of playing inside the ropes week after week for such high stakes.

Yeah your story's next level. I never really have a gallery when they announce me in tourneys. If there are a bunch of people around I can see how bad things start happening. Like twenty years ago I was in a three way playoff for the city championship. There were a bunch of people watching. I drove the green so had an eagle putt. One guy made a routine par and the other had an eight footer for birdie. I hit a lol putt that missed by six feet. The guy missed and here I had this six footer for the win. I stood over the ball and my legs literally started shaking to the point I was concentrating more on not falling down than I was on making the putt. This is coming from a guy that had won multiple club championships, made US Junior, the final in State Junior etc. I was thinking to myself I don't like this at all. That putt still haunts me to this day and it was twenty years ago and I actually made the putt and the feeling of discomfort still bothers me lol. I actually gave up competitive golf for 15 years shortly after. It was bizarre.
  • SurfDufferSurfDuffer Advanced Members Posts: 3,000
    The first time for me was playing in the Shoprite LPGA Pro-Am. The first tee has bleachers all down one side and there were about 100 people watching. I'd never done anything like that before. Holy **** was my heart pounding. The first hole on that course is just a fairway wood off the tee for me and I remember looking down at the clubhead and thinking "Just don't wiff". Thankfully I hit a good shot.

Titleist 915 D2 60gX Rogue Silver
    Titleist 906F2 13* ProForce V2 90gX
    Titleist 690mb 2-P 6.0PX
    Titleist Vokey 52* and 58*
    SeeMore FPG Putter
  • ZigzogZigzog Advanced Members Posts: 170
    I don't like it at all, don't really see the need for it as generally nobody cares who I am!

Played a good few years ago in the British Amateur, I have a very Scottish name and he made a complete mess of it: I actually laughed out loud at the time and I think it made me relax a bit image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M3 Driver 9.5 - Graphite Design AD Di - 6S
    Callaway Epic SZ 3 Wood - Graphite Design AD Di - 7S

PXG - 19 - 0317 X Hybrid - Fujikura 72 S

Wilson V6 - 4 - GW - DG - S300 AMT

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 56 and 60

Edel E2 [/font]
  • golf_bhoygolf_bhoy Advanced Members Posts: 179
    Two instances come to mind on this topic, from both ends of the spectrum results-wise:

First was the only time name was announced, was a men's open in a smaller town. Was pretty nervous as I've only played in a handful of tournaments. Proceeded to cold top a hybrid and make a smooth 10 on a relatively straight forward par4 opening hole (with no penalty strokes! solid.) Settled down after that playing the next 7 holes in even par, but never recovered from the poor start.

Second instance, name was not announced but it was probably the most nervous I've been on the first tee. Was teeing off at Carnoustie a month or so after the Open in 2007. Had caddies (only time I've ever taken a caddie) and a small crowd mulling about, as the first tee in pretty close to the clubhouse. No range so first swing was for keeps ....Just ripped and hoped on a driver... made solid contact but had no idea where it went, the swing and follow-through were a complete blur.

Ends up piped down the right side of the fairway about 70-80 yds from the green. Caddy just takes my club and say "Looks like you've played before." That was a sweet feeling.
    Titleist 917 D2 - Diamana White S
    Titleist 915F 16.5*, 910h 21*
    Callaway Apex Pro 4-A
    Callaway MD3 56*, 60*
    Odyssey Versa #1
  • ChipNRunChipNRun Advanced Members Posts: 1,140 ✭✭
    First time actually was four years ago when I started playing in the local Senior Amateur circuit.

Rather than being nervous, I felt pumped! The hole was a 520-yd. par 5 with tee shot over a lake. I lined up the shot quickly, launched five seconds later. I cleared the lake with ease and ended up in the first cut, left.

I was the only one in my group who found his ball without a search in the deep trees. Rest of round was hot and cold (mostly cold)... but that first drive was sweet!
    What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 95 gr. (As of 21 Nov 2018)
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +
    MD.PM 60°/10 / KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
    Putter: Slotline Inertial SL-583F / 34" w. SuperStroke 2.0 MidSlim grip
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperSoft
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • schleyschley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Advanced Members Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    edited February 21
    Me and my buddies used to announce each other's name before teeing off sometimes and did it at Torrey Pines which was the first time. I was so embarrassed I topped my drive about 10 yards and re teed only to toe a 50 yard worm burner right. Thanks Dave!
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCAdvanced Members Posts: 3,881 ✭✭
    Zigzog wrote:

I don't like it at all, don't really see the need for it as generally nobody cares who I am!

Played a good few years ago in the British Amateur, I have a very Scottish name and he made a complete mess of it: I actually laughed out loud at the time and I think it made me relax a bit image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I know the feeling.

My name is Polish, without all the X, Y, and Z's - but still difficult to pronounce correctly, unless you have had it spoken to you.

Playing HS basketball, I would be on the foul line, when the announcer would say: "shooting for (....), #14, aldkjgoiuojasajdoi oalkgfjoifoa

Once, I was laughing so hard, I had to give the ball back to the ref, while I tried to regain my composure.
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • ckayckay Advanced Members Posts: 3,846 ✭✭
    edited February 21
    First tee on Bethpage Black is a similar feeling.
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Advanced Members Posts: 9,688 ✭✭
    Ferguson wrote:

Was announced on the tee at the Country Club of Hilton Head about 20 years ago. No tournament - I was playing with a member of the board, though. They did it for everyone, apparently. I heard my name and thought WTH - did a park in a HC spot?
    that's because the other players wanted to know the name of the man that would be buying the drinks later. ..... " put this on Ferguson's bill "
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag