Are these ap2/ap3 combo set real or fake ?

I bought these off eBay but did not pay for them just want to make sure they are real before I pay

Comments

  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,868 ClubWRX
    I’m no expert, but they look fake to me.



    The AP3 and the numbers on the soles don’t look right.
    PING G400 LST 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Callaway Apex 20* - Diamana S+ 80X
    PXG Gen1 0311T - DGTI AMT S400
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Machine M2A
    Titleist Pro V1 Yellow
  • YodergolfYodergolf Members Posts: 10
    ok thanks just want to make sure i am going to call titleist in the moring with the serial number
  • Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,767 ✭✭
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:


    I’m no expert, but they look fake to me.



    The AP3 and the numbers on the soles don’t look right.




    The 5 looks way off.
    Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design AD-IZ 6S
    Rogue 15  fairway stock PX Even Flow Blue S
    Rogue 21 4 hybrid stock Synergy S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W
  • YodergolfYodergolf Members Posts: 10
    Togatown22 wrote:

    Hot Rod 71 wrote:


    I’m no expert, but they look fake to me.



    The AP3 and the numbers on the soles don’t look right.




    The 5 looks way off.
    the 5 is a ap3 718 pw-6 are ap2 718 the rest are ap3
  • brkuckbrkuck Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭
    I lean to fake. Numbers are off and the finish looks cheap
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,040 ✭✭
    100% fake. here's the ap2 you have on the top from the ebay listing compared to a real one on the bottom. they still can't get the forged font correct.



    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • YodergolfYodergolf Members Posts: 10
    Yeah after I looked closer I saw the forged and it looks off I think the guy knows they are fake because he did not respond to my messages
  • dvdtdvdt Members Posts: 10,503 ✭✭
    Not even well done fakes

    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
    Touredge CBX 119
    Callaway Apex 2019 combo
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Bettinardi Queen B

  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,718 ✭✭
    Agree they look fake. However buying something then doing the research is poor form.
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    TaylorMade TP Soto



  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,700 ✭✭
    REAL !!!!! REAL FAKE !!!!! image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • JokesJokes Members Posts: 123 ✭✭
    Togatown22 wrote:

    Hot Rod 71 wrote:


    I’m no expert, but they look fake to me.



    The AP3 and the numbers on the soles don’t look right.




    The 5 looks way off.


    The numbers are the major tell. AP3 iron looks plasticier and cheaper as well (more then normal).
    Titleist TS3 8.5 | Tensei Orange 70TX
    Callaway GBB 15.5 | HZRDUS White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H1 17 & 23 | Dynamic Gold 105X
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW | Dynamic Gold 120X
    Vokey SM7 50F, 54F, & Hi-Toe 58 | Dynamic Gold 120X
    Scotty Cameron Concept 2 Super Rat
  • rcb1586rcb1586 Members Posts: 378 ✭✭
    brew4eagle wrote:


    Agree they look fake. However buying something then doing the research is poor form.


    I disagree. I have very little sympathy for someone selling counterfeit products.

    The only sympathy I do have is if they did so unknowingly but that is impossible to know.

    At least he saved the guy shipping costs.
    TM M3 460, Hzrdus Yellow 6.0
    TM M3 3HL, Fujikura Pro Tour spec 73X
    TM P790 3, DGS300
    Mizuno MPH5 4-6, DG Pro S300
    Mizuno MP15 7-PW, DG Pro S300
    Mizuno MPT5 50.07, 54.12, 62.08, DG Wedge
    Mizuno Bettinardi C-03H 34"
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,718 ✭✭
    rcb1586 wrote:

    brew4eagle wrote:


    Agree they look fake. However buying something then doing the research is poor form.


    I disagree. I have very little sympathy for someone selling counterfeit products.

    The only sympathy I do have is if they did so unknowingly but that is impossible to know.

    At least he saved the guy shipping costs.


    What I was getting at is that 'buy it now' (or winning an auction) is entering into a legally binding contract per ebay's policies. I don't mean that I feel bad for the seller, but the buyer is putting him/herself in a bad spot. Why not do the research first?
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    TaylorMade TP Soto



  • rcb1586rcb1586 Members Posts: 378 ✭✭
    brew4eagle wrote:

    rcb1586 wrote:

    brew4eagle wrote:


    Agree they look fake. However buying something then doing the research is poor form.


    I disagree. I have very little sympathy for someone selling counterfeit products.

    The only sympathy I do have is if they did so unknowingly but that is impossible to know.

    At least he saved the guy shipping costs.


    What I was getting at is that 'buy it now' (or winning an auction) is entering into a legally binding contract per ebay's policies. I don't mean that I feel bad for the seller, but the buyer is putting him/herself in a bad spot. Why not do the research first?


    I kind of see what you are saying but it would not be legally binding to me because the seller misrepresented the item as authentic.

    If it were legit then I would've done the same as the OP instead of taking the risk of someone else buying while I was researching.

    Maybe I'm paranoid but I would never post here about a current auction that was a good deal.

    Too many other club ho's who may buy it before I had the chance.
    TM M3 460, Hzrdus Yellow 6.0
    TM M3 3HL, Fujikura Pro Tour spec 73X
    TM P790 3, DGS300
    Mizuno MPH5 4-6, DG Pro S300
    Mizuno MP15 7-PW, DG Pro S300
    Mizuno MPT5 50.07, 54.12, 62.08, DG Wedge
    Mizuno Bettinardi C-03H 34"
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,672 ✭✭
    rcb1586 wrote:

    brew4eagle wrote:

    rcb1586 wrote:

    brew4eagle wrote:


    Agree they look fake. However buying something then doing the research is poor form.


    I disagree. I have very little sympathy for someone selling counterfeit products.

    The only sympathy I do have is if they did so unknowingly but that is impossible to know.

    At least he saved the guy shipping costs.


    What I was getting at is that 'buy it now' (or winning an auction) is entering into a legally binding contract per ebay's policies. I don't mean that I feel bad for the seller, but the buyer is putting him/herself in a bad spot. Why not do the research first?


    I kind of see what you are saying but it would not be legally binding to me because the seller misrepresented the item as authentic.

    If it were legit then I would've done the same as the OP instead of taking the risk of someone else buying while I was researching.

    Maybe I'm paranoid but I would never post here about a current auction that was a good deal.

    Too many other club ho's who may buy it before I had the chance.




    Getting sniped would be a huge concern of mine. eBay and PayPal will protect the buyer. In a perfect world, Titleist should be able to get involved. Buyer sends them to Titleist to get disposed of and the seller cannot sucker another buyer.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,718 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

    rcb1586 wrote:

    brew4eagle wrote:

    rcb1586 wrote:

    brew4eagle wrote:


    Agree they look fake. However buying something then doing the research is poor form.


    I disagree. I have very little sympathy for someone selling counterfeit products.

    The only sympathy I do have is if they did so unknowingly but that is impossible to know.

    At least he saved the guy shipping costs.


    What I was getting at is that 'buy it now' (or winning an auction) is entering into a legally binding contract per ebay's policies. I don't mean that I feel bad for the seller, but the buyer is putting him/herself in a bad spot. Why not do the research first?


    I kind of see what you are saying but it would not be legally binding to me because the seller misrepresented the item as authentic.

    If it were legit then I would've done the same as the OP instead of taking the risk of someone else buying while I was researching.

    Maybe I'm paranoid but I would never post here about a current auction that was a good deal.

    Too many other club ho's who may buy it before I had the chance.




    Getting sniped would be a huge concern of mine. eBay and PayPal will protect the buyer. In a perfect world, Titleist should be able to get involved. Buyer sends them to Titleist to get disposed of and the seller cannot sucker another buyer.


    Seriously? Dive into a non-researched purchase to avoid getting 'sniped' (not the right term for a buy it now anyways). Patience people!
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    TaylorMade TP Soto



  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,672 ✭✭
    brew4eagle wrote:


    Seriously? Dive into a non-researched purchase to avoid getting 'sniped' (not the right term for a buy it now anyways). Patience people!




    Just saying, it is a potential hesitation. If there are no flags raised until they are received, what can you do? At the very least, eBay and PayPal will protect the buyer. With that in mind, if the buyer is willing to front the money and deal with a return, is it really that big of a deal?
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
Sign In or Register to comment.