Do any Tour pros still use Epic?

nikeblades00nikeblades00 Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
Im just curious. I get very similar numbers with the same shaft testing my Epic vs Rogue and Epic Flash.

Comments

  • Adam CAdam C Members Posts: 293 ✭✭
    No, that doesn't help Callaway sell more drivers.
  • nikeblades00nikeblades00 Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    I figured that. I know when the rogue line was introduced many pros still stuck with the epic. But with the introduction of the flash I cant imagine callaway letting a guy use a 2 generation older driver.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,804 ✭✭
    Callaway do seem to move their guys on pretty quickly. I was actually amazed that Phil turned up at the Bob Hope with a Rogue in the bag.



    That said, Nicolas Colsaerts still has an original Epic in the bag. Well he did as of Abu Dhabi a couple weeks of go.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • Adam CAdam C Members Posts: 293 ✭✭
    The fact is that from one model to the next there is very little difference usually, unless Callaway or TM or whoever really goes off the reservation with something different. If you liked the 2017 model, the 2018 will play similar. Especially when the pros have access to all the heads they need to get a match in weight, loft, lie, etc. Same shaft and grip make it that much simpler for them also. So you put all that together with whatever incentive they are offered or just a desire to be a team player and you get a wholesale switch by most when the new club is released along with all the claims of improved performance.
  • stumptownstumptown Members Posts: 25
    Adam C wrote:


    No, that doesn't help Callaway sell more drivers.




    Didn't Phil just win with an Epic driver in the bag?
  • lefty1978lefty1978 Members Posts: 281 ✭✭
    stumptown wrote:

    Adam C wrote:


    No, that doesn't help Callaway sell more drivers.




    Didn't Phil just win with an Epic driver in the bag?


    Rogue I believe
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.0° w/ HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76g
    Callaway XR16 3w 15° w/ Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20° w/ Kuro Kage 80g
    Mizuno MP-54 4i-PW w/ DG S300
    Mizuno S18 52°/9 w/ DG S400
    Mizuno S18 56°/10 w/ DG S400
    Mizuno S18 60°/6 w/ DG S400
    Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Putter
    Srixon Q-Star Tour golf balls
  • lil'mikelil'mike Members Posts: 1,278 ✭✭
    lefty1978 wrote:

    stumptown wrote:

    Adam C wrote:


    No, that doesn't help Callaway sell more drivers.




    Didn't Phil just win with an Epic driver in the bag?


    Rogue I believe




    Yeah Phil has the Rogue driver.



    I think alot of player's (non pro's) including me don't see much difference between them all (Epic, Rogue and Epic Flash). I personally preferred the Epic over the Rogue and owned both and in both models (regular and SZ).



    I have seen reviews on the Epic Flash vs Rogue showing not much difference so it doesn't make sense to spend $500 or so each year to get something that has minimal improvements if any!
  • pltplt Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    lil wrote:

    lefty1978 wrote:

    stumptown wrote:

    Adam C wrote:


    No, that doesn't help Callaway sell more drivers.




    Didn't Phil just win with an Epic driver in the bag?


    Rogue I believe




    Yeah Phil has the Rogue driver.



    I think alot of player's (non pro's) including me don't see much difference between them all (Epic, Rogue and Epic Flash). I personally preferred the Epic over the Rogue and owned both and in both models (regular and SZ).



    I have seen reviews on the Epic Flash vs Rogue showing not much difference so it doesn't make sense to spend $500 or so each year to get something that has minimal improvements if any!




    In Phil's case he actually tried the Flash then went back to the Rogue SZ. He's been driving it really well with the Rogue so I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with it for the whole season.
  • J2puttsJ2putts Members Posts: 611 ✭✭
    In regards to Phil using Rogue.. Epic Flash wasn't replacing Rogue , so it's not like he's using a discontinued driver .
    Cobra F9 9.0 PX Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
    Callaway XR16 Pro 3W 14.0 Fujikura Speeder 765
    Callaway XR Pro 2 Hybrid 18.0 PX 6.0
    Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 5 thru 7 iron
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 8 thru PW ( irons all PX LZ 6.0 120G )
    Callaway MD3 50 S Grind
    Callaway MD3 54 S Grind
    Callaway MD3 58 W Grind
    Oddysey Versa #9
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    J2putts wrote:


    In regards to Phil using Rogue.. Epic Flash wasn't replacing Rogue , so it's not like he's using a discontinued driver .




    Do you find it interesting that other than the Rogue Draw, for both boys and girls are the only evidence of the Rogue driver on their site ?



    https://www.callaway...-clubs/drivers/

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • mwcallisonmwcallison Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Phil had an Epic Pro 4 Iron in the bag at Pebble Beach this past weekend according to the WITB.
  • keith723keith723 ClubWRX Posts: 2,044 ClubWRX
    Isn’t Kevin Na using the Epic? He had the Flash fairway wood but thought he had the Epic driver still
    TaylorMade M5 9*, PX Evenflow T1100 White 65 6.5 @ 45"
    Callaway Epic 15*, Fubuki K 70-X
    PING G410 Hybrid 19*, PX Evenflow Black 85 6.5
    Callaway Apex Pro 16 (4-PW), KBS Tour-V 120x
    Callaway Apex MB 18 (AW), DG S-300
    Callaway MD4 Raw 54.10 & 60.08, DG S-300
    Taylormade Spider X TP, 35"
  • Golfer from MOGolfer from MO Members Posts: 986 ✭✭
    nsxguy wrote:

    J2putts wrote:


    In regards to Phil using Rogue.. Epic Flash wasn't replacing Rogue , so it's not like he's using a discontinued driver .




    Do you find it interesting that other than the Rogue Draw, for both boys and girls are the only evidence of the Rogue driver on their site ?



    [url="https://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-clubs/drivers/?_ga=2.189375468.658375430.1550105702-1673638383.1544487376&_gac=1.183796436.1549245417.CjwKCAiAv9riBRANEiwA9Dqv1WFPgsQScEIYosUpnBy4hxKebKTZGtqhVHv7mYAUJkZOlatfG3I4_xoCxfEQAvD_BwE"]https://www.callaway...-clubs/drivers/[/url]




    That is interesting....I have a tour specd rogue I hit against the flash and didn't see any way I could trade it in I hit it so well. Cally rep offered me full driver credit to trade in the head...I just hit it so well with confidence, dialing in a new head...doesntcsound fun messing with my scores free or not
Sign In or Register to comment.