Does Spieth needs to make a change ???

Here comes the BoomHere comes the Boom Members Posts: 222 ✭✭
Maybe a caddy change would be a good shakeup ?

Maybe go see Butch ?

Something needs to be done .......

Comments

• golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,583 ✭✭
    Maybe it’s marital problems?

Also possibly an addiction of some sort.
  • UncleJohn’sBandUncleJohn’sBand Members Posts: 996 ✭✭
    Yeah he is terrible. He should probably just quit now because he is so bad.
    Titleist 915 D3 Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
    Titleist 910 F Rombax W
    Titleist 913hd Matrix Altus
    Titleist 714 CB/MB 4-Pw PjX 6.5
    Tour issue 52, 56 60 Vokey 200 SM4
    Odyssey Versa no. 7
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members Posts: 2,839 ✭✭
    no change.. just needs to find his old self...which i guess is a change from current.
    Cobra LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/F7M3/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ Fuji 661 III
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Cobra Fly Z  Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,029 ✭✭
    Just golf being golf.

I actually think the last couple of weeks he has been played has been better than what has been seen before it. A couple of good rounds at Torrey and the AT&T are good signs. Sure he frittered shots away when it got nearer to the business end of the tournament but that's a story we have seen before. I can recall Tiger and Butch talking about how you need to get things right on the range, then 9 holes of a tournament, then 18, 54 and 72 so he is half way along at the moment.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • JaNelson38JaNelson38 Members Posts: 2,749 ✭✭
    It never ceases to amaze me how whenever a pro tour player is "struggling", they are supposed to 'go see Butch', and the problems will magically disappear.
  • 00steven00steven Members Posts: 240 ✭✭
    He’ll win Augusta.
    Driver: Taylormade M3
    3 Wood: Taylormade M2
    3 Hybrid: Taylormade M2
    4-PW: Titleist AP1
    Wedges: 52/56 Titlest SM5 60 Titleist SM6
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x
  • freeze16172002freeze16172002 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    His caddy must get nervous everytime the phone rings
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,246 ✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 9:01am #9
    I'm sure Greller is not the issue. For my money it's McCormack. He might be getting TOO much information and needs to have a simplified message. Too many thoughts and golf gets pretty hard, at least I know that's the way it is for me.
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 6-UW - Yonex Proprietary Iron Shafts
    Glide 2.0 54SS, 58 WS
    Glide 3.0 54ES, 58ES (Awaiting release) Yonex Proprietary Iron Shafts
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers Posts: 1,294 ✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 8:48am #10

Maybe it's marital problems?

Could also be personal struggles...

JaNelson38 wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how whenever a pro tour player is "struggling", they are supposed to 'go see Butch', and the problems will magically disappear.

It's definitely go see Butch or better call Saul.
    WITB:
    Titleist 910D3 9.5
    Titleist 917F2 15
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,876 ✭✭
    JaNelson38 wrote:

Yea it's definitely a common refrain, but it's hard to argue with the results Butch gets.
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
  • RangeballzRangeballz Members Posts: 1,764 ✭✭
    I think he just needs to relax, stop putting pressure on himself, and have some fun.

This advice has served me well with virtually any issue I've faced.
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,975 ✭✭
    jonsnow wrote:

Could also be personal struggles...

JaNelson38 wrote:

It's definitely go see Butch or better call Saul.

These two have taken all of the good (and likely) reasons.
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members Posts: 7,908 ✭✭
    Rangeballz wrote:

I think he just needs to relax, stop putting pressure on himself, and have some fun.

This advice has served me well with virtually any issue I've faced.

This. He always looks pained to be out there.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,150 ClubWRX

Maybe go see Butch ?

What's wrong with his caddy? What do you know about their relationship? Why is the caddy an issue for missing fairways or not hitting putts straight?

Why the **** would he go see Butch? Guy leading AT&T doesn't see him any more.

Why another thread about Spieth?
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,119 ✭✭
    You guys are hilarious with the Greller talk. That’s maybe the dumbest suggestion on earth. As if the caddie can somehow be the guy who’s supposed to shut up and keep up and yet be the blame when you don’t score ? GTFO. Maybe he needs to hire his high school mate like Rory. Lol. This place. Never change people.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot

• The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members Posts: 1,046 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Maybe go see Butch ?

What's wrong with his caddy? What do you know about their relationship? Why is the caddy an issue for missing fairways or not hitting putts straight?

What else are we going to talk about?

He has two problems right now - his driving and his putting and I'd be the armchair analyst that says it's all mental. Maybe try Dr. Bob.
    TS 3 8.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-TaperLite
    Mizzy MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
    Scotty Newport 2.6, 34" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link
  • The GeneralThe General Members Posts: 1,737 ✭✭
    he was essentially 2 holes from being right in the mix on sunday, and he had a ton of birdies. JS is very cerebral, one of the reasons I like him. Watch out when he gets it turned around.

He def needs to go back to looking at the cup on certain putts.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,150 ClubWRX

Hawkeye77 wrote:

Maybe go see Butch ?

He has two problems right now - his driving and his putting and I'd be the armchair analyst that says it's all mental. Maybe try Dr. Bob.

You're already feeding the other troll thread on Spieth, maybe just feed one?

Already at least 4 on the first page - "but my take is different", lol.

Oh well, by this evening, everyone will be talking Tiger for the next several days.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,119 ✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 9:50am #20

Hawkeye77 wrote:

Maybe go see Butch ?

I agree it’s all mental. But are you saying micheal is the root of the Mental problem ? Cause that’s just trolls saying “ things”. It’s hilarious to watch the tiger effect when projected on other players.

Wonder if the haters realize they are actually acknowledging the kids talent by treating him , Rory etc like tiger ? Nobody starts threads like this about guys like Terrel Hatton. Why ? No real expectations . To have expectations there has to be a proven talent. Talent doesn’t just go away. So here we are. Running down a guy in a slump.
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 

• dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers Posts: 13,325 ✭✭
    He should retire, he's done.

LOL, I am pretty sure he is going through some swing changes, and they haven't taken hold yet. When he was at his best he played kind of a weak slice off the tee and kept the ball in play. I remember when he won Augusta he stated he was just trying to bunt it out there with a cut. So like many others he is trying to "fix" his swing. He seems to be pounding it out there a bit farther but he has a 2 way miss. He gets confidence in his driver, he starts winning. He may never be as hot as he was with the putter again, but he knows how to win, and score, he has a knack for it and the confidence to compete under pressure.

As weak as his grip is I don't know if he will ever be the purest striker of the ball off the tee, in my mind he should just keep playing the fade. Aim left and swing hard. But what do I know.

Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w, Ping G410 7 wood
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
    A genuinely nice young man from Texas, with incredible talent, well spoken, nice family, EARNS historically significant wins in a short time on the PGA Tour. Those kind of stories just aren't worth reading.

Wow, let's hate him, lol.
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,975 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Maybe go see Butch ?

• The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members Posts: 1,046 ✭✭

Hawkeye77 wrote:

Maybe go see Butch ?

I agree it's all mental. But are you saying micheal is the root of the Mental problem ? Cause that's just trolls saying " things". It's hilarious to watch the tiger effect when projected on other players.

Wonder if the haters realize they are actually acknowledging the kids talent by treating him , Rory etc like tiger ? Nobody starts threads like this about guys like Terrel Hatton. Why ? No real expectations . To have expectations there has to be a proven talent. Talent doesn't just go away. So here we are. Running down a guy in a slump.

I'm of the opinion that Spieth would self-destruct if he didn't have Greller. That would be like the Pats firing Belichick after they lost a few games.
    T-MB 2 iron C-TaperLite
    Mizzy MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper

WITB link
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Hawkeye77 wrote:

Maybe go see Butch ?

Oh well, by this evening, everyone will be talking Tiger for the next several days.

You might be right. I don't scrutinize the threads to the point of even looking at who the OP is most of the time.
    T-MB 2 iron C-TaperLite
    Mizzy MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper

WITB link
  • agolf1agolf1 Members Posts: 1,229 ✭✭

You guys are hilarious with the Greller talk. That's maybe the dumbest suggestion on earth. As if the caddie can somehow be the guy who's supposed to shut up and keep up and yet be the blame when you don't score ? GTFO. Maybe he needs to hire his high school mate like Rory. Lol. This place. Never change people.

Blade - I love your posts, but I'm starting to wonder if you are the Mike Rooker guy that posts on PGA Tour website (and Golf Channel when they allowed it) image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' /> . Always a shot at Rory when the chance is there...

Seriously, both these guys have amazing records and tons of talent. But none of us [bleeping] know whether either of them will be a bust or will go on to write more history from here.

Without a real preference for either of these guys, I only find it funny when a Spieth fan (not you specifically) relies on X for optimism and dismisses Y for pessimism but then dismisses X and piles on Y for Rory (and vice versa).
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
  • widow-makerwidow-maker Members Posts: 1,631 ✭✭
    Phil Mickelson had swing problems... until he didn't. Jordan's game will come back around, then go away, then come back around many times in the next 15 years. That's kind of how it works.

Hawkeye77 wrote:

Hawkeye77 wrote:

Maybe go see Butch ?

You might be right. I don't scrutinize the threads to the point of even looking at who the OP is most of the time.

I'm just home sick today and grumpy - so just trying to make sour lemonade out of my lemons, lol.

At least I get to watch two holes of golf, lol. Luckily, they'll probably replay them 50 times on GC.
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members Posts: 2,839 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

A genuinely nice young man from Texas, with incredible talent, well spoken, nice family, EARNS historically significant wins in a short time on the PGA Tour. Those kind of stories just aren't worth reading.

people don't like living in the past.. well spoken, nice family...what's that got to do with golf? i hope he shuts up when he plays
    Cobra LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/F7M3/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ Fuji 661 III
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Cobra Fly Z  Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
    agolf1 wrote:

You guys are hilarious with the Greller talk. That's maybe the dumbest suggestion on earth. As if the caddie can somehow be the guy who's supposed to shut up and keep up and yet be the blame when you don't score ? GTFO. Maybe he needs to hire his high school mate like Rory. Lol. This place. Never change people.

Blade - I love your posts, but I'm starting to wonder if you are the Mike Rooker guy that posts on PGA Tour website (and Golf Channel when they allowed it) image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' /> . Always a shot at Rory when the chance is there...

Seriously, both these guys have amazing records and tons of talent. But none of us [bleeping] know whether either of them will be a bust or will go on to write more history from here.

Without a real preference for either of these guys, I only find it funny when a Spieth fan (not you specifically) relies on X for optimism and dismisses Y for pessimism but then dismisses X and piles on Y for Rory (and vice versa).

Lol. Simple observation that Rory sacked his caddie for a mate. And suggesting Spieth do the same is dumb.

Rory has more natural talent than most any playing. And somehow uses 60% of it. That’s why he gets mentioned by me so much. I hate waste. Same people that usually take up for Rory start these “ spieth sucks “ threads. Usually with comments like “ ugly swing “ “ lucky” etc. as if one lucks into 3 majors by 25 with a bad swing ... lol. On paper spieth shouldn’t have 3 and Rory should have 12 by now. Funny how “ want to “ makes up that gap.
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 

Man_O_War wrote:

Hawkeye77 wrote:

people don't like living in the past.. well spoken, nice family...what's that got to do with golf? i hope he shuts up when he plays

Volume buttons have the two arrows. Up and down.
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x