Peter Millar vs Genteal 1/4 zips

I'm looking to purchase a new 1/4 zip that can be worn on the golf course as well as to work. Something that looks good with polo's and dress shirts.

Any comments as to which one I should get? I stumbled upon Genteal on Insta and they look very classy. Any other brands to consider?

Comments

• VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,039 ✭✭
    I've got no experience with GenTeal, but their stuff looks like it has promise. Peter Millar has loads of options for the look and function you're after. The Perth is one of my favorites.
  • AustincountyagAustincountyag Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    VNutz wrote:

I've got no experience with GenTeal, but their stuff looks like it has promise. Peter Millar has loads of options for the look and function you're after. The Perth is one of my favorites.
    Is the perth thick, or a thinner type of material?
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,039 ✭✭

VNutz wrote:

Is the perth thick, or a thinner type of material?

I think they might have different weights in it but I'm not entirely sure. The few I have are more of a lightweight thin pullover, for cooler days and/or early morning/late evening. Think 60* temps or so.
  • Cottonseed.Cottonseed. Posts: 155 ✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 11:40am #5
    Peter Millar's Perth quarter zips are great.

And can be nearly stolen off eBay.

The perth is like a little thicker version of your typical golf polo.

Breathable, stretchy, form-fitting, and soft.

Other good brands are Holderness and Bourne and Greyson
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 893 ✭✭
    Perth is hard to beat.
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Posts: 350 ✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 8:47pm #7
    The Perth from Peter Millar is awesome. I bought my first one at the Masters last spring and put it on immediately. Liked it so much I went back and got another one in a different color. My wife got me a third from the Peter Millar collegiate collection with my alma mater’s logo on it for Christmas. I get compliments on them every time I wear one. I cant promise there won’t be more...
  • Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,754 ✭✭
    Vineyard Vines makes some real nice quarter zips that don't seem golf specific. I agree on Greyson, but they are substantially more $$. Also in the conversation are Peter Millar, RLX, Polo Golf, Johnnie-O. Lot's of good options!
    Rogue 10.5 Graphite Design AD TP 6S
    Rogue 15 PX Even Flow Blue S
    816H1 19 Motore Speeder 8.8 S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 893 ✭✭
    The Greyson 1/4 zips are really nice, but the giant reflective Wolf logo on the neck rules it out for work, IMO.
  • rbark11rbark11 Members Posts: 18 ✭✭
    How do the Perth run in size? True length, or are do they run small/large?
  • endlesswintercoendlesswinterco Members Posts: 1,783 ✭✭
    On the smaller end for sure. I’m an XL in almost all pullovers, XL in Perth but it’s a bit more fitted than most.
  • AustincountyagAustincountyag Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    I ended up ordering the GenTeal because I wanted navy and PM are sold out online in the color/size....I'm looking forward to see how the GenTeal looks and fits.

Looking online and their instagram it looks promising.
  • FestivusMiracleFestivusMiracle ClubWRX Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Pm perth is the bomb
    Callaway Epic - Evenflow Blue 65 S
    TM M2 - Kuro Kage 75S
    Titleist 816 H2 - Rogue 85 S
    Apex (4,5,6)/Pro (7,8,9,P) - KBS tour S
    vokey(raw50F, 54F, 58S)
    Mannkrafted LN MA/66
  • GregGGregG Members Posts: 32
    edited Feb 12, 2019 5:53pm #14

On the smaller end for sure. I'm an XL in almost all pullovers, XL in Perth but it's a bit more fitted than most.

I'm an XL as well. My PM perth feels snug depending on my eating season. Anybody bought a 2xl? wondering if they are too big...