Breed goes off on Faldo about HSC

The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn...Members Posts: 1,046 ✭✭
Did anybody else hear Breed get just triggered this morning about Nick Faldo taking a few shots at the expense of Ho-Sung Choi? Breed describes Johnny Miller as the greatest analyst on TV and goes on to call Faldo unprofessional and said he was 'disgusted' by Sir Nick poking fun of the fisherman swing. And he wouldn't let it go. I found the whole segment ironic because Johnny Miller would have called HSC's action crazy or something else and the booth would have had a good chuckle at it just the same. But in fact, HSC got the Peter Kostis SwingVision treatment and they broke down the swing and showed all the good positions that Choi gets into to be effective. CBS did exactly the thing that Breed was so mad about them not doing. In addition to that, HSC didn't qualify for the tournament, he was invited and ONLY because he managed to win an Asian tour even with that crazy swing. I didn't see any other Asian tour winners there on a sponsors exemption.I think Michael Breed has lost his mind...
TS 3 8.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
T-MB 2 iron C-TaperLite
Mizzy MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Newport 2.6, 34" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link

Comments

• dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers Posts: 13,323 ✭✭
    I hope all these golf talking heads, have a skirmish similar to Anchor Man, I'm pretty sure Breed might be the guy who loses an arm.

Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w, Ping G410 7 wood
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • CasualLieCasualLie Do Woodchucks Chuck Wood? Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭
    Who is Michael Breed again?
  • hell_is_chromehell_is_chrome Members Posts: 986 ✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 10:11am #4
    Johnny Miller would have said Ho-Sung Choi's swing would make Ben Hogan scoop his eyes out with a mellon baller. Johnny's only been gone a week and the revisionist history has already started. I mean, does Breed not remember Craig Parry?
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,150 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 11, 2019 10:09am #5
    Faldo wasn't bad at all, and he was in the tournament ONLY for the reason of his swing being the topic of conversation/source of entertainment.

Having said that, the OP is probably the only person who listened to Breed on the radio - and I'm sure Michael is happy to take a shot at someone who still has a relationship with the Golf Channel.

Breed would have been on GC all week with pool floaties and going on and on and on about Hosung. And he's probably laughing at Faldo's take on Sergio (which is funny, but Nick has a little motive there, lol).
  • Matt06Matt06 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I could be wrong but it seems like since he has taken over a two hour slot in the mornings he goes on and on on certain topics for days. I enjoy most of his show but when this starts I have to change it. He wants people to call and discuss and when they disagree with him he will not shut up long enough for them to make their point. He spent all last week on players getting paid. He spent two weeks last summer on this.
    Wow...I sure miss a lot not watching TGC in the morning. So let me get this straight...TGC gave Breed a two hour slot in the morning??? Does he start the show with "Let's do this!" ?

It's not easy to step out of your lifelong trade - golf instruction - and come off like you know something about golf at the tour level. There is this thing called "potential", and so I can see giving someone a crack at that transition and grow into it, but not Breed. What potential does he have to be talking about golf at that level? Guys like...let's take Stephan A Smith for example, probably know less about golf than Breed, but Stephen A has a schtick, has experience in broadcasting, so he can make it work. Breed???

If this guy's idea of being relevant is to go after Faldo, then TGC has really made a mistake.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,150 ClubWRX
    CasualLie wrote:

Wow...I sure miss a lot not watching TGC in the morning. So let me get this straight...TGC gave Breed a two hour slot in the morning??? Does he start the show with "Let's do this!" ?

It's not easy to step out of your lifelong trade - golf instruction - and come off like you know something about golf at the tour level. There is this thing called "potential", and so I can see giving someone a crack at that transition and grow into it, but not Breed. What potential does he have to be talking about golf at that level? Guys like...let's take Stephan A Smith for example, probably know less about golf than Breed, but Stephen A has a schtick, has experience in broadcasting, so he can make it work. Breed???

If this guy's idea of being relevant is to go after Faldo, then TGC has really made a mistake.

He left GC.
  • agolf1agolf1 Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭

Johnny Miller would have said Ho-Sung Choi's swing would make Ben Hogan scoop his eyes out with a mellon baller. Johnny's only been gone a week and the revisionist history has already started. I mean, does Breed not remember Craig Parry?

Or how about his comment that Rocco looks like the "swimming pool guy" (I know he later apologized but that's only because he was caught on tape).
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

CasualLie wrote:

He left GC.

Oh...ooops! My bad.

What show are we talking about so I know to avoid it!
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,119 ✭✭
    dlygrisse wrote:

I hope all these golf talking heads, have a skirmish similar to Anchor Man, I'm pretty sure Breed might be the guy who loses an arm.

Dlygrisse for the win!

That’s an excellent idea fight to the death
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot

• The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members Posts: 1,046 ✭✭
    CasualLie wrote:

Hawkeye77 wrote:

CasualLie wrote:

He left GC.

Oh...ooops! My bad.

He's on SiriusXM sat radio. It's -37 degrees out this morning so I tuned in to see if there's anything interesting on. Turns out...
    TS 3 8.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-TaperLite
    Mizzy MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
    Scotty Newport 2.6, 34" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link
    Thanks...

It was 37 degrees this morning in NorCal too!

Oh that's a ' - ' in there! Yikes!
  • Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,531 ✭✭

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the first post. Michael Breed is either dumb or he's just stirring up (*bleep*) for laughs.
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 5,158 ✭✭

CasualLie wrote:

Hawkeye77 wrote:

CasualLie wrote:

He left GC.

Oh...ooops! My bad.

He's on SiriusXM sat radio. It's -37 degrees out this morning so I tuned in to see if there's anything interesting on. Turns out...

I'd ask if that was -37 degrees centigrade or fahrenheit, but I think it might be both.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the first post. Michael Breed is either dumb or he's just stirring up (*bleep*) for laughs.

Oh it can be both!
  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers Posts: 13,323 ✭✭

dlygrisse wrote:

Dlygrisse for the win!

That's an excellent idea fight to the death

My guess is, Brandel smells like **** Panther.

Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w, Ping G410 7 wood
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • BCULAWBCULAW Orlando, FLMembers Posts: 3,689 ✭✭
    dlygrisse wrote:

dlygrisse wrote:

Dlygrisse for the win!

It’s a formidable scent. It stings the nostrils. In a good way...
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,256 ✭✭
    Works every time 70 % of the time
    Ping G410 LST 11.5* Blueboard 53x
    Ping G400 13.5* Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 16.5* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Mitsu KK 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprint 6i DG xp115 x100
    Ping Blueprint 7-PW DG s400 orange dot
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 50*, 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,598 ✭✭
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

Dumb and a hyperactive gas bag.
    Cobra F8+, 10*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 13.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Cobra F8 5-6 wood 17.5*, Tensei Blue A
    Ping i10 4-PW, AWT S, Maroon  Dot 
    Ping Gorge 50*, AWT S Maroon Dot

Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Evnroll ER6

• Big Cat 3Big Cat 3 Members Posts: 695 ✭✭
    rgk5 wrote:

Mr. Hogan wrote:

Dumb and a hyperactive gas bag.
    Breed is a good teacher okay media guy ... bad radio is Haneys show talk about redundant and boring
  • glmglm Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    If you listen to any of these guys your wasting your time imo.
  • Steele47Steele47 Members Posts: 1,422 ✭✭
    I'm always reminded of the Brady Bunch episode when Peter's voice is changing when I hear Breed speak.
  • mark174acemark174ace Members Posts: 142 ✭✭

CasualLie wrote:

Hawkeye77 wrote:

CasualLie wrote:

He left GC.

Oh...ooops! My bad.

I'd ask if that was -37 degrees centigrade or fahrenheit, but I think it might be both.

Once you hit -37 it doesn't really matter which.
  • tacrispytacrispy Members Posts: 171 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Faldo wasn't bad at all, and he was in the tournament ONLY for the reason of his swing being the topic of conversation/source of entertainment.

Having said that, the OP is probably the only person who listened to Breed on the radio - and I'm sure Michael is happy to take a shot at someone who still has a relationship with the Golf Channel.

Breed would have been on GC all week with pool floaties and going on and on and on about Hosung. And he's probably laughing at Faldo's take on Sergio (which is funny, but Nick has a little motive there, lol).

Pool floaties. ROFL 🤣. So true.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]TM M2 '16 10.5 Projext X Hzrdus 6.5 75Gr[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cobra F8 3wood Aldilla Tour Green XS[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Adams A7 3Hybrid Aldilla RIP Alpha XS[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z745 4-PW Project X 6.5[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 50[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 54,58 S400[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Piretti Cottonwood 2[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TM TP5 ball[/font]
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,119 ✭✭
    dlygrisse wrote:

dlygrisse wrote:

Dlygrisse for the win!

Oh yea. No doubt about that. Uses it for hair tonic.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot

• jgonz69jgonz69 Members Posts: 761 ✭✭
    A blowhard who has an golf academy at Ferry Point. Seems appropriate.
    PING G400 Max Ping Tour 65
    PING G400 3wd 14.5 Ping Tour 75
    PING G400 Hybrid Ping Tour 85
    PING i500 3, 5-U
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 58
    Cameron MilSpec 350g
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,433 ✭✭
    Breed is a feel good, hug everyone, never be negative towards anyone guy so no shock he was upset with Faldo for poking fun a HSC. Breeds radio persona (I have no idea how he is in real life) lives in a world where we most of us can only get to with heavy alcohol or drugs. I don't think Faldo was mean spirited just said what most of us were thinking.
    Driver - Home Ping G410 + 9.5*   Away Ping G400 Max 10*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • fmzipfmzip Members Posts: 245
    I'm so glad Breed left the golf channel. Whenever he was on, I'd have to turn the channel.

The similarity between him and Jim Cramer hosting Mad Money is the same. ANNOYINGLY LOUD! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    dlygrisse wrote:

I just want to see someone shaft up a trident with an X-Stiff RIP Phenom.
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,975 ✭✭
    CasualLie wrote:

Who is Michael Breed again?

He's the swing coach for Richard Rawlings.