upgrade to Rogue 3 wood from GBB 3 wood??

mpetruzzmpetruzz Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
I have a GBB 3 wood that i really hit well. However I have an addiction like most of us and want my equipment to match. I just bought a Rogue driver and am now thinking about upgrading my 3 wood as well.

I haven't seen any online head to head comparisons of these two clubs so I wanted to see what the thoughts were on whether or not it'd be worth it too upgrade.

Comments

• RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members Posts: 3,812 ✭✭
    I’ve hit them all and haven’t found an improvement on the original XHot
    Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0
    Rogue 17* Atmos Blue TS or Xhot 15* OG Blueboard 73s
    G 410 19* Tour 85 R
    Apex  23 & 26 Kuro Kage S
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s (In Play)/ Adams CB3 Steelfiber 110 cw back up.
    RTX4 54/10 and 58/8 mid grinds
    Bettinardi BB1/ Toulon Madison H1 neck (L)
    Some kind of 3 or 4 piece urethane covered soft feeling ball
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,502 ✭✭
    I mean... if you have money to burn, sure. But I have a 3 wood from 2015/16 that matches ball speeds of Rogue just fine. The Rogue SZ will spin less, giving me more distance, but it's purely a tee club. Not practical to hit on to a green really.
    WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Tour Blue 75X
    Rogue Tour Blue 85x or 818H2 Tour Blue 85x
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW Modus 120X
    Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Hi-Toe 58 Modus 125 Wedge (Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Sigma 2 Tyne
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• swing33swing33 Members Posts: 123 ✭✭
    mpetruzz wrote:

I have a GBB 3 wood that i really hit well. However I have an addiction like most of us and want my equipment to match. I just bought a Rogue driver and am now thinking about upgrading my 3 wood as well.

I haven't seen any online head to head comparisons of these two clubs so I wanted to see what the thoughts were on whether or not it'd be worth it too upgrade.
    I am a big fan of the rogue fairways - find them pretty hot and easy to hit off the ground.
  • BeeezBeeez Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    I have the regular Rogue 3 wood and it is indeed hot and easy to get airborne. This head with the Tensei Pro Blue is a match made in heaven for me.