Scotty Cameron prototype putters - 2019

2»

Comments

• NoRootsNoRoots ClubWRX Posts: 13 ClubWRX
    I’m thinking 6 or 7
  • rbj69rbj69 Members Posts: 713 ✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:
    I’m ordering the X6 as my 50th bday present. I see nothing about these putters that saids “junk”. Quite the opposite, they are high quality milled versions of popular higher MOI designs. I’m intrigued with the low profile. For a large mallet they are very sleek. I will however agree something about the yellow he choose is off. I reserve my decision to change the paintfill until it’s on the course and I see the optics. Who knows, maybe it really pops and comes to life outside on the greens. Either way I get it the traditionalists are never going to approve. For my game high MOI has literally transformed my putting. BB
    At the end of your statement you put bb what does that mean bumblebee? I'm kidding lol
    Taylormade M16 with Tensei Orange shaft
    Taylormade 3 wd with tensei orange shaft
    Callaway Rogue 3hybrid with aldila synergy shaft
    4-pw Srixon Z785/Zforged combo with px lz shafts
    Cleveland 50 rtx4 wedge
    Cleveland 56 rtx4 wedge
    Evnroll 1.2 Blacked out
    Cleveland Huntington Soft 11 CS blacked out
    Balls 19'Srixon Zstar xv and Zstar and others
  • Ngjg21Ngjg21 Members Posts: 855 ✭✭
    edited Mar 5, 2019 11:00am #34
    Had a chance to demo these recently. I really liked them, which surprised me...it seems like they have a lower profile in terms of face height than past offerings, and they felt firmer than the last mallet release. I'd change the paintfill (not a fan of the jolt yellow) but otherwise was pleasantly surprised. The 8 and 5 stood out for me. Love that they went back to a traditional stock grip vs the matador as well.
  • moegolfer11moegolfer11 steal your face right off your head Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭
    Ngjg21 wrote:

Had a chance to demo these recently. I really liked them, which surprised me...it seems like they have a lower profile in terms of face height than past offerings, and they felt firmer than the last mallet release. I'd change the paintfill (not a fan of the jolt yellow) but otherwise was pleasantly surprised. The 8 and 5 stood out for me. Love that they went back to a traditional stock grip vs the matador as well.

Do they sole well? one of my biggest gripes with Scotty mallets.
    Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
    Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
    Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
    Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 52° 56° 60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
    Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp
    edited Mar 5, 2019 11:55am #36

Ngjg21 wrote:

Do they sole well? one of my biggest gripes with Scotty mallets.

I agree...if I feel like I need to manipulate a putter at address bc it doesn't sit squarely it's a deal breaker. These felt great at address. In my brief time with the demos I didn't notice any of the models setting up open or closed.
  • daleheaddalehead Members Posts: 1,530 ✭✭
    Keep in mind these are not retail products. They are prototypes for tour players to try. If they catch on with them you will see threads here from guys wanting to get their hands on one.
    I demoed retail models at my local golf galaxy. They had all models, but stated they were likely one of the only stores that had them. Assuming that is true, why it would be the case is anyone's guess.
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members Posts: 773 ✭✭
    From an undisclosed source, Don "Scotty" Cameron himself is still gaming a welded flow neck X5. Still haven't figured out why something similar isn't at or coming to retail.
    14 Golf Clubs (Tired of updating my sig every week)
  • moegolfer11moegolfer11 steal your face right off your head Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭
    Rig14Port wrote:

From an undisclosed source, Don "Scotty" Cameron himself is still gaming a welded flow neck X5. Still haven't figured out why something similar isn't at or coming to retail.

Isn't the .5 models supposed to resemble the flow neck? 5.5/7.5 etc..
  • DaltonSTLDaltonSTL St. LouisMembers Posts: 975 ✭✭
    Rig14Port wrote:

Yes it is the cheap way to add toe hang, when everyone is asking for a flow neck X5/5W.
    -TS3 9.5 Tour AD-TP 6s
    -Rogue SZ 3W VA Slay 75 04
    -PXG 0311X 2 Iron Accra Tour 90i
    -818H2 21* AD-DI 85S
    -MP-18 MMC 4-PW PX LZ 6.0
    -SM7 52* TI S400
    -Hi Toe 58* Nippon 115 
    -Piretti 801 Tour Long Neck
    dalton044 wrote:

Rig14Port wrote:

Yes it is the cheap way to add toe hang, when everyone is asking for a flow neck X5/5W.

I see you have a flow neck, 1. did it come out as expected? and 2. who did it? unless its a Circle T...I'd love to go that route.