New LAGP shafts - 2019

Comments

• youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    The weave pattern reminds me of the project x black shafts
  • leftygolfer15leftygolfer15 Dallas, Tx.Members Posts: 1,296 ✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 10:36pm #3
    I’ve been fortunate enough to hear some rumors about these new protos that’s have gotten me really excited. Not many people know that LAGP has hired John Oldenberg, the incredible shaft designer who created both the Aldila Rogue series as well as the Mitsubishi Tensei line. That’s pretty darn incredible for a small, startup company who bought Matrix out of bankruptcy in an effort to ressurect the Ozik and Altus lines with newer, more modern materials and at lower price points (THDE was $1k now in the $600 range under LAGP) along when a wave of groundbreaking new prototypes. I’m told the shaft they launched at Torrey has a very stiff mid section which is the opposite of most current shafts out there. The only other manufacturer that’s taken this approach is TPT and they have seen success so far. They are going after that same design language but maintaining more feel through Zylon like Matrix had utilized in the past. I’m told this shaft is not for the weak or weakery but they have a handful of other prototypes launching this week at Riv and later in the year, that with player feedback, they plan to tweak the final design to get it perfect and then move to production. I can’t wait to get my hands on a few to try out!
  • Xdmike20Xdmike20 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    I am very interested as well. I have a black tie in my driver and a white tie in my 3 wood and I love them. To see them come out with a new lineup would be cool to test out
    DRIVER- Cobra LTD (Ozik Black Tie)[/font][/color]
    3 WOOD- Cobra Fly-Z (Ozik White Tie)[/font][/color]
    HYBRID- Cobra Bio Cell (19* Project X)[/font][/color]
    IRONS- Cobra Pro CB 2008 (Soft stepped PX6.0)[/font][/color]
    GAP- Vokey SM4 50*[/font][/color]
    SAND- Vokey SM5 54* S grind[/font][/color]
    LOB- Vokey SM5 58* S grind[/font][/color]
    PUTTER- Odyssey O-works 1W red[/font][/color]
    BALL- Nike RZN Tour Platinum(until my stash is gone)[/font][/color]
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Posts: 1,880 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 12, 2019 4:10pm #5

I'm told the shaft they launched at Torrey has a very stiff mid section which is the opposite of most current shafts out there. The only other manufacturer that's taken this approach is TPT and they have seen success so far.

Actually a stiffer mid section has been a staple of the UST shaft lineup and they made a point of this specifically in the Elements line of shafts back from around 2013. There are only so many ways a shaft profile can be built and nothing with bend profile is really "new". What goes around eventually comes back around but with better marketing.

"UST’s proprietary research has uncovered new data that says that the oft-overlooked mid-section of the shaft is the most important for spin and launch. Armed with this knowledge, they set about designing a series of shafts, Elements Earth, Fire, and Wind, that offer different feels of launch characteristics while all utilizing a stable mid-section."

"The research to isolate the benefits of Mid-Flex Stability has led to the design and extension of the mid-section profile to enhance performance, reduce dispersion and increase ball speed. The result is longer, straighter and more accurate shots!"
    03trdblack wrote:

I'm told the shaft they launched at Torrey has a very stiff mid section which is the opposite of most current shafts out there. The only other manufacturer that's taken this approach is TPT and they have seen success so far.

Actually a stiffer mid section has been a staple of the UST shaft lineup and they made a point of this specifically in the Elements line of shafts back from around 2013. There are only so many ways a shaft profile can be built and nothing with bend profile is really "new". What goes around eventually comes back around but with better marketing.

"UST’s proprietary research has uncovered new data that says that the oft-overlooked mid-section of the shaft is the most important for spin and launch. Armed with this knowledge, they set about designing a series of shafts, Elements Earth, Fire, and Wind, that offer different feels of launch characteristics while all utilizing a stable mid-section."

"The research to isolate the benefits of Mid-Flex Stability has led to the design and extension of the mid-section profile to enhance performance, reduce dispersion and increase ball speed. The result is longer, straighter and more accurate shots!"

I hadn’t seen this published before, but thanks for sharing. I don’t really think it’s much Marketing on LAGP’s side of things as they’ve literally done none. Perhaps you’re speaking more towards TPT’s stance? Despite the inaccuracy of this being a newer design approach, I don’t think it takes away from what LAGP is doing with only this first prototype which is one of 3-4 they are currently working on. I know several guys like the Elements and TPT shafts, so I think it’s an appropriate segment for them to target for one of their profiles because they can see it being adopted by guys. I for one am excited to get my hands on one at some point and see what they can do because I’ve been a longtime Matrix user in the past.
  • pcs11pcs11 Members Posts: 1,187 ✭✭
    I'm not knocking the new graphics, but I miss that old Matrix candy red.
    Cobra F8+ 10.5° - Fubuki K 60
    Callaway XHot 3Deep 14.5 ° - KuroKage Tini Proto 70
    Callaway X2Hot Pro 19° - Diamana B 70
    Mizuno MP 18 FliHi (3-4) - Matrix Altus
    Mizuno MP 54 (5-9) - Nippon Modus 105
    Vokey 46° 52° 58° - KBS Tour 115
    Bettinardi BBF1 or Bettinardi Kuch2
    pcs11 wrote:

I'm not knocking the new graphics, but I miss that old Matrix candy red.

My guess is those are just the proto graphics. They may change for a retail release. They also provide complete custom colorization for the main shaft color, logo color and shaft finish at literally ZERO UPCHARGE. This is basically unheard of in my experience. I remember the BSG days when you could pay an upcharge and get the custom candy colored Matrix shafts. I was playing around with the configurator on their website the other day, it’s pretty fun. In my opinion, this is really the future of premium shafts because as we know, very rarely does everyone love whatever graphics a company chooses to use.

Here’s the link if anyone wants to mess around with it:

https://lagolfshafts.com/pages/make-it-yours
  • LB1LB1 Members Posts: 52 ✭✭

I’ve been fortunate enough to hear some rumors about these new protos that’s have gotten me really excited. Not many people know that LAGP has hired John Oldenberg, the incredible shaft designer who created both the Aldila Rogue series as well as the Mitsubishi Tensei line. That’s pretty darn incredible for a small, startup company who bought Matrix out of bankruptcy in an effort to ressurect the Ozik and Altus lines with newer, more modern materials and at lower price points (THDE was $1k now in the $600 range under LAGP) along when a wave of groundbreaking new prototypes. I’m told the shaft they launched at Torrey has a very stiff mid section which is the opposite of most current shafts out there. The only other manufacturer that’s taken this approach is TPT and they have seen success so far. They are going after that same design language but maintaining more feel through Zylon like Matrix had utilized in the past. I’m told this shaft is not for the weak or weakery but they have a handful of other prototypes launching this week at Riv and later in the year, that with player feedback, they plan to tweak the final design to get it perfect and then move to production. I can’t wait to get my hands on a few to try out!

Bro...do you even golf🤘🏻
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,290 mod
    LA Golf Shafts

Tour Prototype OLYSS RSC 75-TX

The LA Golf shafts Tour Prototype OLYSS RSC 75-TX is designed incorporating an overall flex profile that has proven to be extremely successful with tour caliber players for many years. Utilizing a constant taper physical profile gives the new prototype a feel of smooth, controlled loading and release. With low torque (2.8 degrees) and a mid-stiff tip section, the new OLYSS prototype will yield a low-mid ball flight with low spin for elite golfers with moderate to high ball speeds. The modern trend for today’s professional player is higher and higher club head velocity at impact with a resulting increase in ball speed. To maintain stability and control for the modern high ball speed player, tour shaft overall stiffnesses have increased significantly over the past 5 to 10 years. This increase in stiffness does help to provide additional stability but can also impart an undesirable harsh feel to the shaft at impact. To counteract this effect, the new OLYSS prototype, incorporates a unique, high-tech, composite material in the grip end of the shaft. This new, never before used material, is an ultra-lightweight, thin ply composite weave combining high modulus graphite with Zylon fibers. The combination of the stiff, high strength, carbon fibers with lightweight, ultra-strong, high damping Zylon provides the shaft with significantly increased stability in the players hands and outstanding feel at impact. The rearward placement of the new material also aids to counterbalance the shaft, making it perfect for todays heavier driver heads. LA Golf Shafts new OLYSS RSC 75-TX prototype gives the modern bomber the stiffness and stability they need with tremendous feel, a smooth load and release, and an optimized low-mid launch, low spin launch profile.
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga