ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Cheapest way to ship golf balls internationally

ghoonkghoonk The HoarderAdvanced Members Posts: 175 ✭✭
Not sure if this is the right forum but it's golf ball related, so I'm hoping someone here would have some experience with this

I'm trying to order golf balls from the US (for personal use, obviously) as they are tons cheaper where most of you are (except for Europe).

My existing forwarder ships via air freight, so costs are a bit expensive, working out to around USD18 per lb, which makes it a bit ridiculous when the balls I'm trying to buy are around USD12-22 per doz - Noodle Long & Soft, Pinnacle Soft, Vice Pro Plus, Vice Pro Soft, etc - all of which are not available here, and golf balls here are just stupid expensive (ProV1 is around USD60/doz, Srixon Soft Feel @ USD51/doz, Project (a) @ USD33/doz)

I'm in no great hurry to receive them and am okay waiting 3-6 weeks for them to arrive (I'm based in Dubai, UAE), and am wondering - what is the cheapest way to ship around 6-10 doz balls?

Some of you guys may have experience shipping overseas using a fixed-cost volumetric option (e.g. 10kg box) with a US-based shipper, and might be able to point me in the right direction.
[font=georgia,serif]Srixon Z785 w/ stock Miyazaki Mahana (S) shaft
Srizon F65 4w (17*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon H65 2h (16*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S) shaft
Miura MC501 4-PW w/ TT S300 AMT White (S) shaft
Miura 50*, 54*, 58* Forged black wedges w/ KBS Tour matt black wedge shafts
Miura MGP-M3 putter
[/font]

Comments

• Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Advanced Members Posts: 6,259 ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the shipping formula is:

Heavy + Bulk + International = Expensive

Perhaps you or someone you know is in the US military and has access to a military address and single weight priority mail.

Good Luck.
  • ghoonkghoonk The Hoarder Advanced Members Posts: 175 ✭✭
    edited February 12
    that's the formula - works out to around USD10 shipping per doz via air.i'm hoping sea freight would be much cheaper!

The next best idea is to see if I have any friends flying into Dubai in the coming weeks/months and don't mind adding 10 doz golf balls to their checked baggage! lol
    [font=georgia,serif]Srixon Z785 w/ stock Miyazaki Mahana (S) shaft
    Srizon F65 4w (17*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
    Srixon H65 2h (16*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S) shaft
    Miura MC501 4-PW w/ TT S300 AMT White (S) shaft
    Miura 50*, 54*, 58* Forged black wedges w/ KBS Tour matt black wedge shafts
    Miura MGP-M3 putter
    [/font]
  • jwb10jwb10 Major Winner Advanced Members Posts: 880 ✭✭
    Nina, Pinta or Santa Maria ?
  • BigBodBigBod Members Posts: 51 ✭✭
    If you don't mind the slow transit time then ask your supplier to get a quote from USPS, I have used this service from US to UK before and it is way cheaper than UPS or other courier service.
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegAdvanced Members Posts: 9,049 ✭✭
    If you are using a freight forwarder, use ground/ocean. That would be cheaper, but obviously much slower. The problem is the size. Might be too small to be sent that way and not get lost. Have you tried mail? I realize that might be impossible in the UAE.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    MCC Align Midsize
  • CaseyCCaseyC Members Posts: 37
    Don't forget about any Custom's or Duty charges
  • Invisible-zInvisible-z Advanced Members Posts: 91 ✭✭
    I use a forwarder but but that's expensive too