Best public range near Jupiter, FL

I'm down in Jupiter and I usually hit balls at the North Palm Beach range but it's closed for renovations. I refuse to pay Abacoa prices but do I have any other options..? A range plus chipping/putting would be great but I'd settle for just the range at this point...

Comments

  • dpb5031dpb5031 Members Posts: 5,162 ✭✭
    Abacoa is pretty much the only good place (grass range) that's open to the public as far as I know. You could zip up 95 to Hammock Creek, but not sure of their range prices plus it may be too inconvenient for you to drive 30 min.



    Abacoa charges what they do because the demand is there. The range is packed from dawn to dusk. They could probably support the entire operation over there just on range income and banquets...lol! Fortunately it subsidizes the golf course operation and Abacoa's greens are as good or better than many of the exclusive full-privates in the area.
    USGA Index: ~2

    WITB:
    2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - stock shaft in S
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,142 ✭✭
    i remember running into the same issue when i was down there and north palm's range was shut for a day or 2.

    within roughly the same distance as hammock creek there's also champion's club at summerfield in stuart and west palm beach golf course to the south. but yeah, you're pretty much SOL for anything under 30 min or so from jupiter outside of abacoa and npbgc.
  • dpb5031dpb5031 Members Posts: 5,162 ✭✭
    I just thought of another, Lost Lake in Hobe Sound right off of US 1. Semi-private, nice practice range. I'm not sure how their range prices compare though...
    USGA Index: ~2

    WITB:
    2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - stock shaft in S
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • Ripper212Ripper212 Members Posts: 487 ✭✭
    trumb1mj1 wrote:


    I'm down in Jupiter and I usually hit balls at the North Palm Beach range but it's closed for renovations. I refuse to pay Abacoa prices but do I have any other options..? A range plus chipping/putting would be great but I'd settle for just the range at this point...




    I don't think Abacoa's range fees are all that expensive but it does lack a short game area. Green fees however are very high for a public course and keep going up probably because of demand/supply.
  • trumb1mj1trumb1mj1 Members Posts: 1,388 ✭✭
    Lost Lake is probably the nicest range in the area but alas they do not allow you to use it unless you’re playing there. Aside: I played that course yesterday. Extremely weird layout. Felt forced from the gold tees. I’d much prefer champions for $50.
  • dpb5031dpb5031 Members Posts: 5,162 ✭✭
    trumb1mj1 wrote:


    Lost Lake is probably the nicest range in the area but alas they do not allow you to use it unless you’re playing there. Aside: I played that course yesterday. Extremely weird layout. Felt forced from the gold tees. I’d much prefer champions for $50.




    Uggghhh...I didnt know that about the range!



    In terms of layout, my friends call it Lost Ball CC...lol!!!🤣🤣🤣
    USGA Index: ~2

    WITB:
    2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - stock shaft in S
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers Posts: 778 ✭✭
    Last time i played champions, the range was all sand, barely some flecks of grass.

    You could try Sandhill Crane. They move the hitting areas alot, so you might be onnthe mats.
    Callaway Rogue 12.5* Synergy 50S
    Callaway Diablo 2hyb
    Callaway X20 3-SW
    Scotty Cameron California Fastback
    Supersoft
  • trumb1mj1trumb1mj1 Members Posts: 1,388 ✭✭
    edited Feb 21, 2019 2:43pm #9
    I just paid the $20/100 balls at abacoa. It’s not cheap but it’s the best range near where I stay.
  • AppAlumAppAlum Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    Orchids of Asia......sorry wrong thread
  • storm319storm319 Members Posts: 3,767 ✭✭
    AppAlum wrote:


    Orchids of Asia......sorry wrong thread




    I literally clicked on this thread to see if anyone would mention this image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • golfman79golfman79 Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    PGA Village in Port St. Lucie. Nothing better than hitting under the lights!
    Driver M4 10.5* Diamanna Kali 44.5 inches
    3W: 2016 M2 15* Aldilla Tour Blue
    Hybrids: 2017 19* and 22* 2017 M1 Kuro Kage Stiff
    Irons: 2012 MC 4-PW, S300 2* upright, +.5in S300
    Wedges: 52* Milled Grind Standard Bounce, Hi Toe 58* S300
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black Superstroke Midnight/Red grip, custom red line
  • FlashinLeatherFlashinLeather Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    I feel your pain. WPB is even worse. Hopefully North Palm is open soon.
    Ping G400 LST 10 - Ping Tour X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Stiff
    Titleist 718 T-MB - 2i - X100
    TaylorMade P790 - 4i-AW - X100
    Vokey - 54, 58
    Bettinardi - QB6
    Titleist Pro V1
  • trumb1mj1trumb1mj1 Members Posts: 1,388 ✭✭
    golfman79 wrote:
    PGA Village in Port St. Lucie. Nothing better than hitting under the lights!




    This range (or ranges) is awesome. I played the Pete Dye course there a few years back and keep meaning to get back.
  • tharpsttharpst Members Posts: 49 ✭✭
    storm319 wrote:

    AppAlum wrote:


    Orchids of Asia......sorry wrong thread




    I literally clicked on this thread to see if anyone would mention this image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Me too!!!
  • trumb1mj1trumb1mj1 Members Posts: 1,388 ✭✭
    tharpst wrote:

    storm319 wrote:

    AppAlum wrote:


    Orchids of Asia......sorry wrong thread




    I literally clicked on this thread to see if anyone would mention this image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Me too!!!




    I was just in this mall last week right before this story dropped to ship my clubs back home!
Sign In or Register to comment.