ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Edel Vertical Milled Grooves

cardozacardoza Advanced Members Posts: 1,181 ✭✭
It looks like Edel is moving to a vertical milled groove setup that seems identical to the milling Machine used to put on their putters. Any idea if Edel is collaborating with the guy that used to run Machine (I remember reading some drama about that) or if it just isn't proprietary anymore? Always liked the feel of Machine putters and like the design of the most recent Edel offerings.

46164670105_f3b8cb986d_b.jpg
Titleist TS3 8.5* - Matrix MFS Black Tie 70X
Callaway Rogue Subzero 13.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 83X
Callaway Rogue Subzero 18* - Accra 380 M5
Miura 501CB 3-PW - KBS Tour 130X
Callaway MD4 52* W Grind and 58* X Grind - DG X100
Byron Morgan 612 35"

Comments

• NWS AlpineNWS Alpine Advanced Members Posts: 2,608 ✭✭
    Didn’t they license it to Ping as well? Looks very similar but not sure. Both are TX based companies so it is possible they had a relationship at one point.
  • MattM97MattM97 Advanced Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    I like the look of that, want to do an Edel fitting process so now a milled face option along with their pixel face makes it more appealing.
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Advanced Members Posts: 5,589 ✭✭
    Hopefully they’re not collaborating with Machine and just using the same milling.
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,805 ClubWRX
    NWS Alpine wrote:

Didn't they license it to Ping as well? Looks very similar but not sure. Both are TX based companies so it is possible they had a relationship at one point.

Can you claim or patent a milling pattern on the face of a putter? Not sure anyone needs to license anything.
  • NWS AlpineNWS Alpine Advanced Members Posts: 2,608 ✭✭
    edited February 13
    03trdblack wrote:

NWS Alpine wrote:

Didn't they license it to Ping as well? Looks very similar but not sure. Both are TX based companies so it is possible they had a relationship at one point.

Can you claim or patent a milling pattern on the face of a putter? Not sure anyone needs to license anything.

Yes and Yes. I believe Dogleg right corporation has a utility patent on their VMG. They also have a lot of other patents that they have had to defend. With the company in its current state who knows what will happen.

Evnroll has a patent on their milling pattern etc. Very common as without it they are just another random putter company.
  • DrJACOBDrJACOB Advanced Members Posts: 158
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1638340-kevin-burns-is-the-best/page__st__30

Many cool looking millings on the face these days. To me it looks more like the most recent Kevin Burns face which is a copper insert or even Toulon. The deep or any special milling pattern in the center and not the whole face seems to be a trend I have noticed anyways. It makes the face flatter, improves roll, it fells better or just looks cool is how it gets marketed.

It doesn't matter who did it first yet there always seems to be a Ping guy somewhere pointing out that Solhem invented the putter and deserves more credit!! (not serious)

KJ
    TM M1 10.5 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X
    Ping Stretch 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
    Titlesit 910H 19*
    Miura Bades 4-PW
    Miura Wedges 51,55,59
    Callaway PM 64
    BB2 or at least one of my 8802 style putters