Galvin Green rain gear....How stretchable is it?

Morning all, I'm new here, and I promise i have used the search feature already trying to find my answer.

Going to get either Galvin Green or Kjus, but wanted to see how stretchable the GG is before I decided on which to go with. I hate anything that will restrict me (especially under my arms), and although Zero Restriction is probably my best bet for that, after reading some stuff on here, ZR is out and GG and Kjus are now the only options. There are so many styles/models of GG that I have no idea which, if any, may be more stretchable than the others.

I'm an XL in shirts/jackets, so if either GG or Kjus fit small or big, please let me know, as i'd rather it be too big than too small.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TBD203TBD203 Members Posts: 492 ✭✭
    My galvin rain jacket has absolutely no stretch in it, not sure which model it is. Sorry 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • drscott266drscott266 Posts: 334 ✭✭
    Kjus is the stretchiest stuff I have ever worn, seriously. I literally don’t know I have it on when I swing. It’s also slimmer fitting than GG, which I used to own prior to my Kjus kit. I am tall and lean and am a 54(XL) in KJUS and have no complaints on fit. GG I was also an XL but it was baggier. KJUS makes pants in tall sizes like GG, so finding your size is pretty doable. GG is gore Tex with stretch portions, which everyone knows. KJUS is dermizax which is a Toray fabric and allows for stretch in the whole garment while being just as waterproof and breathable. No contest in my mind, Kjus is the clear stand out at that price point.
  • malamigmalamig Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Galvin Green is very stretchable. Never had a problem swinging in mine!
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* AD-DI 6X
    3w: Titleist 917F2 13.5* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19* Oban Devotion 04
    3i: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi AMT X100SS
    4i-PW: Mizuno MP-18 AMT X100
    50*, 55*, 60*: Mizuno T7 AMT X100SS
    Putter: Scotty Cameron
  • Thanks. Ordered a Pro 3L jacket, but the Pro 3L pants are not in stock. any suggestions on other places to buy?
  • Nurv1717Nurv1717 Members Posts: 81 ✭✭
    I have the a kjus pro 3L jacket which stretches well. I have worn the GG more on course though since I have the pants that match. The c knit stuff by Galvin Green is I believe the most stretchy and that’s what I have.

I like my golf clothing fitted so I went for a size large in the GG which works well but is right on the cusp. I have a 54 in the kjus which is a good size for me with a little more room. I can still layer under the GG though so I’m happy with it. I’m like 6’1”, 225 lbs, athletic build for reference.
    Taylormade M3 8.5 (Tensei Pro Orange V3 70tx)
    Taylormade M3 3W 13* (Tensei Pro Orange 90tx)
    Callaway Epic 5w 20* (Fujikura Atmos Black 8tx)
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i (Tensei Pro White HY 100tx)
    Miura MC-501 5-PW (KBS Ctaper 130x)
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.12F
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54.14F
    Miura Tour 60 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
  • JoelsimJoelsim Posts: 681 ✭✭
    The Kjus Pro 3L is what Michelson wears out of choice, a great jacket and very stretchy. I’ve got one.

I prefer the Dexter though, in anything other than a monsoon. Euro fitting, a 52 is perfect for a 42” chest.

Got a Pro 3L and three Dexters now. Probably overkill. Laughs.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5”
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd 43.25”
    Titleist 818 H1 18 3-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Titleist 818 H1 23 4-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
    Cleveland CBX 52
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Odyssey O-Works Marxman
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
  • smb4uasmb4ua Posts: 142 ✭✭
    I’ve been doing the same sort of research, and this week pulled the trigger on the Kjus Pro 3L. I’d decided I might go with Proquip due to price, but I found the Pro 3L on eBay brand new with tags for $419 total (jacket and pants).
  • drscott266drscott266 Posts: 334 ✭✭
    edited Feb 13, 2019 6:40pm #9
    Kjus is pretty hard to find for cheap, especially the Pro 3L. I managed to snag a few pieces over the years for pretty cheap. There is a promo code "hydrobot" to save 30% on their site, but its only good till 2/15. For what its worth I paid full price for the Pro 3L when I tried my head pro's kit on, it was that good.
  • They have Galvin Green at the Golf Mart in Mission Valley San Diego and I was able to try on since I've never seen them at any stores just online. Online they look different very fitted but in person at least the model jackets they had on the rack fit was more roomy almost like my old FJ. After reading these forums I bought ProQuip and very happy with quality, fit and price.