Plumbers to zero offset

manxytagmanxytag Members Posts: 515 ✭✭
Through boredom of golf equipment at the moment I am wanting some help.

I have an Odyssey 2 ball blade with a plumbers neck and I would to have zero offset (not bothered about the neck)

I have tried posting this as I am in the UK but not having any joy.

so I am going to try doing this myself or find someone who can.

Just need some advice really.

thanks

Comments

• PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members Posts: 6,367 ✭✭
    Bastain Milled and Slighter would probably be your best bets if you’re looking for a new neck.
    Ping G400 MAX 9* w/ Tour 65 (S)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,145 ✭✭
    edited Feb 16, 2019 1:30pm #3
    I’m actually considering doing a zero offset flow neck Scotty 5w myself. I detest single bend shafts but I like the head quite a bit.

Kyle at Bastain milled does these conversions all the time. He as an Instagram account.

https://instagram.com/bastain_milled?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=kflajujfkasb
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • egolferegolfer Posts: 77 ✭✭

Bastain Milled and Slighter would probably be your best bets if you're looking for a new neck.

Slighter has retired, Bastain does great work. I had him convert a plumbers to a long neck plumbers and it was amzing, just don't expect a quick turn around on craftsmanship.
  • I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have an original Mike Method putter that I love the feel and everything about. I just cannot stand a plumbers neck and was ready to sell. If there is an option for a slant or flow neck I would keep. I sent Kyle a note to check in this type of job. I am hoping it can be done and at a reasonable price.
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,145 ✭✭
    BY#99 wrote:

I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have an original Mike Method putter that I love the feel and everything about. I just cannot stand a plumbers neck and was ready to sell. If there is an option for a slant or flow neck I would keep. I sent Kyle a note to check in this type of job. I am hoping it can be done and at a reasonable price.

That Depends on what “reasonable” means to you. The conversion will cost FAR more than that Nike putter is currently worth.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 606 ✭✭

BY#99 wrote:

I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have an original Mike Method putter that I love the feel and everything about. I just cannot stand a plumbers neck and was ready to sell. If there is an option for a slant or flow neck I would keep. I sent Kyle a note to check in this type of job. I am hoping it can be done and at a reasonable price.

That Depends on what “reasonable” means to you. The conversion will cost FAR more than that Nike putter is currently worth.

This is 100% correct. I spent more than what I paid for my X5 to add the flow neck...but I love the putter so it was worth it to me.
  • MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,334 ✭✭
    Peter at the PutterRoom in the UK is fantastic! He does all kinds of modifications at a very reasonable cost and the quality is fantastic! He’s modified two putters for me and I have nothing but praise for him.
  • semarlor wrote:

BY#99 wrote:

This is 100% correct. I spent more than what I paid for my X5 to add the flow neck...but I love the putter so it was worth it to me.

We’ll I do like the putter but not that much to spend a few hundred on.