ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Plumbers to zero offset

manxytagmanxytag Advanced Members Posts: 503
Through boredom of golf equipment at the moment I am wanting some help.

I have an Odyssey 2 ball blade with a plumbers neck and I would to have zero offset (not bothered about the neck)

I have tried posting this as I am in the UK but not having any joy.

so I am going to try doing this myself or find someone who can.

Just need some advice really.

thanks

Comments

• PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Advanced Members Posts: 6,346 ✭✭
    Bastain Milled and Slighter would probably be your best bets if you’re looking for a new neck.
    Ping G400 MAX 9* w/ Tour 65 (S)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Advanced Members Posts: 7,054 ✭✭
    edited February 16
    I’m actually considering doing a zero offset flow neck Scotty 5w myself. I detest single bend shafts but I like the head quite a bit.

Kyle at Bastain milled does these conversions all the time. He as an Instagram account.

https://instagram.com/bastain_milled?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=kflajujfkasb
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • egolferegolfer Advanced Members Posts: 77 ✭✭

Bastain Milled and Slighter would probably be your best bets if you're looking for a new neck.

Slighter has retired, Bastain does great work. I had him convert a plumbers to a long neck plumbers and it was amzing, just don't expect a quick turn around on craftsmanship.
  • BY#99BY#99 Advanced Members Posts: 321
    I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have an original Mike Method putter that I love the feel and everything about. I just cannot stand a plumbers neck and was ready to sell. If there is an option for a slant or flow neck I would keep. I sent Kyle a note to check in this type of job. I am hoping it can be done and at a reasonable price.
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Advanced Members Posts: 7,054 ✭✭
    BY#99 wrote:

I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have an original Mike Method putter that I love the feel and everything about. I just cannot stand a plumbers neck and was ready to sell. If there is an option for a slant or flow neck I would keep. I sent Kyle a note to check in this type of job. I am hoping it can be done and at a reasonable price.

That Depends on what “reasonable” means to you. The conversion will cost FAR more than that Nike putter is currently worth.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCAdvanced Members Posts: 589 ✭✭

BY#99 wrote:

That Depends on what “reasonable” means to you. The conversion will cost FAR more than that Nike putter is currently worth.

This is 100% correct. I spent more than what I paid for my X5 to add the flow neck...but I love the putter so it was worth it to me.
  • MaximilianMaximilian Advanced Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭
    Peter at the PutterRoom in the UK is fantastic! He does all kinds of modifications at a very reasonable cost and the quality is fantastic! He’s modified two putters for me and I have nothing but praise for him.
  • BY#99BY#99 Advanced Members Posts: 321
    semarlor wrote:

BY#99 wrote:

This is 100% correct. I spent more than what I paid for my X5 to add the flow neck...but I love the putter so it was worth it to me.

We’ll I do like the putter but not that much to spend a few hundred on.