ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Vokey SM7 Wedge Grinds

blue2215blue2215 Members Posts: 2
Looking into getting new Vokey SM7 wedges but I am struggling to choose the grinds.

Going for a 52-56-60 setup but debating what grinds to get for 56 and 60. I have neutral swing - not really a digger or sweeper. I like to have a lot of versatility around the greens, and manipulate the club face. Was looking into the V grind on wedgeworks for the 56 or 60, as well as the M grind. Was curious if anyone has had experience with the V or suggestions on what to do for the 56 and 60.

Thanks.

Comments

• sampga1976sampga1976 PGA Professional Advanced Members Posts: 599 ✭✭
    Use the VOKEY WEDGE SELECTOR TOOL it's pretty darn accurate especially if you can't do a proper fitting outside. The stock grind offerings are more than appropriate for almost all condition and techniques. The only players I've seen use V or low K's are the players that have actually been fit for them. Remember that bounce is always your friend on full and 3/4 swing shots. When getting in close the green, bunker shot technique, and manipulating the face angle the S, M, and D work well.
    [font=georgia,serif]Titleist[/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]TS3 9.5º on A1 - Attas COOOL 6X[/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]TS3 16.5º on D1 - [/font][font=georgia, serif]Attas COOOL 7X[/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]818 H2 21º on D1 - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]718 AP3 - 4i thru P - Modus 120 X (2º weak)[/font]

[font=georgia, serif]Vokey[/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]SM7 50.12F[/font][font=georgia, serif] - [/font][font=georgia, serif]Modus 120 X[/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]SM7 54.14F[/font][font=georgia, serif] - [/font][font=georgia, serif]Modus 125 Wedge [/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]SM7 60.12D [/font][font=georgia, serif]- [/font][font=georgia, serif]Modus 125 Wedge [/font]

[font=georgia,serif]Scotty Cameron
    FTUO Super Rat - 350g - 34.5"[/font]