Vokey SM7 Wedge Grinds

blue2215 ·  
blue2215blue2215  2WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 2
Looking into getting new Vokey SM7 wedges but I am struggling to choose the grinds.

Going for a 52-56-60 setup but debating what grinds to get for 56 and 60. I have neutral swing - not really a digger or sweeper. I like to have a lot of versatility around the greens, and manipulate the club face. Was looking into the V grind on wedgeworks for the 56 or 60, as well as the M grind. Was curious if anyone has had experience with the V or suggestions on what to do for the 56 and 60.

Thanks.
Posted:

Comments

• SAM_PGASAM_PGA PGA Professional Knoxville, TN 667WRX Points: 140Members Posts: 667 Golden Tee
    Use the VOKEY WEDGE SELECTOR TOOL it's pretty darn accurate especially if you can't do a proper fitting outside. The stock grind offerings are more than appropriate for almost all condition and techniques. The only players I've seen use V or low K's are the players that have actually been fit for them. Remember that bounce is always your friend on full and 3/4 swing shots. When getting in close the green, bunker shot technique, and manipulating the face angle the S, M, and D work well.
    Posted:

TS3 9.5º - UST LinQ Purple 6X     TS3 16.5º - UST LinQ Purple 7X     818 H2 21º - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
    T200 #4-5 & T100 #6-9 - AMT Tour White S300 HS1  (T200 1º Weak)

SM7 "Raw'd"     46.10F   50.12F @ 51º   56.08M   60.08M @ 61º - AMT Tour White S300      

FTUO Circle T Studio Select Newport Mid-Slant - 34.75"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.