GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

OMG, Gary McCord is insufferable!

Comments

• Big Cat 3Big Cat 3 Members  720WRX Points: 256Handicap: 4Posts: 720 Golden Tee
    Hawkeye77 wrote:
    <br />
    Never head this before. Wonder if they'll let him call The Masters this year. Should kick him off the coverage.<br />
    <br />
    Masters coverage is so bad now with Ian Baker Duck Hook, Kostis, Pepper, etc <br />
    McCord would help it
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3 Members  720WRX Points: 256Handicap: 4Posts: 720 Golden Tee
    <br />
    I like McCord, especially back in the day when he'd play off Ben Wright.<br />
    <br />
    His acting like a vulture on #10 yesterday, the bet with Faldo over someone making an eagle and then Phil doing him in with a brilliant putt was great.<br />
    Faldo needs a nap ... on the air too much the always annoying British lingo and accent is 3x as bad this week ...
    Posted:
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX  2042WRX Points: 245Posts: 2,042 ClubWRX
    Big Cat 3 wrote:
    <br />
    Hawkeye77 wrote:
    <br />
    Never head this before. Wonder if they'll let him call The Masters this year. Should kick him off the coverage.<br />
    <br />
    Masters coverage is so bad now with Ian Baker Duck Hook, Kostis, Pepper, etc<br />
    McCord would help it<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Oh god...please no! As much as The Masters is far and away my favorite tournament (Georgia boy, first tournament I ever went to as a kid and all through my childhood), I'd stop watching it if McCord was calling it. That man is TERRIBLE.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
    bucky316 wrote:
    <br />
    McCord went downhill (fast) after CBS hired Feherty to their broadcast team.... Feherty is a comedic genuis who still makes his point with few words; DF was quality over quantity which is perfect in my book ... IMHO McCord couldn't stand being 2nd banana to DF<br />
    Feherty a comedic genius ... you just qualified yourself as one <br />
    over used **** jokes is trying too hard
    Posted:
  • Pooh_BearPooh_Bear Members  99WRX Points: 3Posts: 99 Bunkers
    Coverage just came on and Dottie Pepper already has me locked in a padded room.
    Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees
    Eh- I don’t mind Gary. We need something stupid to break up Jim nance and Rick Faldo.<br />
    <br />
    In all seriousness Dottie is just as bad the opposite direction. She takes herself wayyyy tooo seriously.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers  13916WRX Points: 1,485Handicap: 8-ishPosts: 13,916 Titanium Tees
    Finally. A fresh idea for a topic......
    Posted:
    I pick 14 of the following:
    Ping G400
    Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
    Callaway Apex 23*
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Hoofer
    ProV1x-mostly
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • Les StrokesLes Strokes Members  528WRX Points: 125Posts: 528 Golden Tee
    lol, yeah I'm sure there's much better announcers than Dottie. McCord should be banned. Baker Finch may be acceptable most of the time, except when he defends guys who act like babies when they miss a shot. BF says "I love his passion!!" - how many of us would put up with the club throwing, club slamming, whiny behaviour of the likes of Rahm and Sergio or others? Not me. I hope these networks start making some changes and give others a chance. A good announcer/analyst can really improve the experience
    Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  29217WRX Points: 6,052Posts: 29,217 Titanium Tees
    Mccord is punishment for our sins.
    Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees
    Let’s go Adam scott !
    Posted:
  • captain obviouscaptain obvious Members  9WRX Points: 0Posts: 9
    What's wrong with Gary? Why don't we spend our time/energy broadcasting well deserved hate on other more malignant personalities in media (celebrities, broadcasters, and politicians?).
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6536WRX Points: 1,768Handicap: 8Posts: 6,536 Titanium Tees
    It's really not that hard to just ignore people you can't stand on your TV. I can't stand to listen to Curtis Strange but I've learned how to tune him out quite easily if he's flappin' his lips.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Ping Anser 23 Hybrid
    Ping Anser 27 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right
  • The GeneralThe General Members  1783WRX Points: 170Handicap: 2Posts: 1,783 Platinum Tees
    High handicappers hate Gary McCord, Johnny Miller and Lanny Watkins, not sure why. Maybe they don’t get the sarcasm or the jokes. But these guys know a lot about golf and golfers could learn from them if they would listen to them.
    Posted:
    <br />
    High handicappers hate Gary McCord, Johnny Miller and Lanny Watkins, not sure why. Maybe they don’t get the sarcasm or the jokes. But these guys know a lot about golf and golfers could learn from them if they would listen to them.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Agree. I’ve found that to be true too. All 3 are extremely knowledgeable on the game and it’s history , ins and outs etc.
    Posted:
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2913WRX Points: 785Posts: 2,913 Titanium Tees
    I agree about McCord, he is insufferable. Feherty seems to have dialed it back in recent times.
    Posted:
  • gripandripgripandrip Members  1231WRX Points: 228Posts: 1,231 Platinum Tees
    <br />
    <br />
    High handicappers hate Gary McCord, Johnny Miller and Lanny Watkins, not sure why. Maybe they don’t get the sarcasm or the jokes. But these guys know a lot about golf and golfers could learn from them if they would listen to them.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Agree. I’ve found that to be true too. All 3 are extremely knowledgeable on the game and it’s history , ins and outs etc.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Maybe he has plenty of knowledge, but I don’t need to listen to someone talk me through the roll of the ball on the way to the hole. Way too much.<br />
    Posted:

Advertisement
    gripandrip wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Agree. I’ve found that to be true too. All 3 are extremely knowledgeable on the game and it’s history , ins and outs etc.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Maybe he has plenty of knowledge, but I don’t need to listen to someone talk me through the roll of the ball on the way to the hole. Way too much.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The alternative is someone like Joe Buck or Tony romo. Neither of which know more about golf than most good ams.
    Posted:
  • Instron4204Instron4204 Members  83WRX Points: 46Posts: 83 Fairways
    <br />
    gripandrip wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The alternative is someone like Joe Buck or Tony romo. Neither of which know more about golf than most good ams.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I'll take Tony any day. I like his enthusiasm. Joe and Jim Nanz are on way too much.
    Posted:
    wobgon wrote:
    <br />
    Could you imagine McCord coming in for an interview for an announcing job off the street.....What would be his chances of landing the job?<br />
    probably pretty **** good ... with tools like Romo, brain dead Troy Aikman, Lanny Watkins, Booger McFartland, Dick freaking Vitale, and many others stooges <br />
    The bar isn’t real high
    Posted:
    <br />
    gripandrip wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The alternative is someone like Joe Buck or Tony romo. Neither of which know more about golf than most good ams.<br />
    <br />
    Not sure Lanny Watkins is smart enough to use sarcasm ... but does say a player is ‘under control’ 5,000 times a round
    Posted:
    Pooh_Bear wrote:
    <br />
    Dottie Pepper has put me on suicide watch several times.<br />
    whoever took the #metoo chance on hiring her ... should be tried for abusing us
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • tideridertiderider Members  3102WRX Points: 2,136Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,102 Titanium Tees
    gary mccord does indeed know more about golf than everyone on here ... <br />
    <br />
    doesn't change the fact he's not funny, and is, in fact, sometimes insufferable when making comments about a player or a shot ...
    Posted:
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members  3807WRX Points: 214Posts: 3,807 Titanium Tees
    Even WORSE than... jim%2Bnantz%2Bpeyton%2Bmanning.jpg !!!
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    <br />
    <br />
    gripandrip wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I'll take Tony any day. I like his enthusiasm. Joe and Jim Nanz are on way too much.<br />
    You can find that squeaky voice, lack of command of the English language, and silly enthusiasm in any 7th grader. We all would be better off had that overrated hack ( golf,announcing, and football ) tried to not shoot 85 in mini tour events as a career and disappeared.
    Posted:
    <br />
    <br />
    gripandrip wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I'll take Tony any day. I like his enthusiasm. Joe and Jim Nanz are on way too much.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Just opposite opinions I guess. I’ll take cooky and knowledgeable over enthusiastic guy being fed by the producers anyway. I mean joe buck is enthusiastic too. And knows nothing about golf. Zero.
    Posted:
  • Christen_The_SloopChristen_The_Sloop Members  1470WRX Points: 379Posts: 1,470 Platinum Tees
    <br />
    I think we can all agree that everyone and everything is terrible all the time. This is GolfWRX after all.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Sorry, I can't agree.<br />
    <br />
    I watch sky sports a lot streaming from Japan. Those gentlemen know what they are doing. The humor, if there ever is any, is not forced. Minimal forced expressions from the past like - "He's hoped it would land like a butterfly with sore feet." etc. I am sure it sounded clever the first 10,000 times it was used. I would love to hear anything original, insightful or imaginative during a telecast, but as it is I have the volume, so low it's little more than a hum. That's why people come here. Or, at least that's why I come here. Honestly they could put anyone from this site up and it would be an improvement. Give them three tournaments and when they get comfortable, send them home - because that's when you start to really suck.
    Posted:
    D - Ping G400 LST Tour AD IZ 6x
    4W - Royal Collection V7 TI 17 with Attas G7 7X or something else
    3i - TMB 2016 DGX100
    4-P - Tourstage MR23 U.S. Spec CB DGX100
    52 - Cleveland RTX4 forged S400
    56 - Cleveland RTX4 forged S400
    60 - Vokey SM7 60-04L Raw S400

Advertisement
  • gripandripgripandrip Members  1231WRX Points: 228Posts: 1,231 Platinum Tees
    <br />
    gripandrip wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    How about we just watch the putt without all the “ugh” “ohh” “wah” commentary.<br />
    Posted:
  • Ronnie MundtRonnie Mundt Members  221WRX Points: 218Posts: 221 Fairways
    I think McCord is getting worse. I don’t remember him being this bad.
    Posted:
  • bbr16bbr16 Members  98WRX Points: 77Posts: 98 Fairways
    I love listening to Gary, he can be unique at times, but I’d much rather listen to him than some of the guys on NBC/golf channel.<br />
    <br />
    (Calling Tiger’s pitch in from the bunker)<br />
    “Turns it right in there. No blinker, just like my wife when she’s changing lanes.” -Gary McCord.<br />
    <br />
    😄
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.