GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

OMG, Gary McCord is insufferable!

Comments

• davep043davep043 Members  5155WRX Points: 2,358Handicap: 6.3Posts: 5,155 Titanium Tees
    farmer wrote:
    <br />
    I agree with Dave, they were on air for an awfully long time. For viewing, this was the worst non-pro-am tournament I've ever seen, no ones fault, but awful to watch.<br />
    <br />
    Really, how serious should we take a 285-yard par 4, when half the players can't hit the green in regulation? The play was even more ludicrous than the commentary when Round 3 was beginning on Saturday afternoon.
    Posted:

Home is Reston, Virgina, with regular visits to Southern Pines, NC

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • gvogelgvogel Members  8472WRX Points: 1,398Posts: 8,472 Titanium Tees
    Hawkeye77 wrote:
    <br />
    BrianMcG wrote:
    <br />
    Surely this would have come up before. He's been announcing awhile and everyone agrees he's the best.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    LOL, nothing good ever came of living in a storage garage.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I thought that was Mac O'Grady - one of Gary's friends.
    Posted:
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • bbr16bbr16 Members  98WRX Points: 77Posts: 98 Fairways
    Anchor44 wrote:
    <br />
    ProStryker wrote:
    <br />
    I am going to have to put the TV on mute. I really am wanting to watch this extended coverage on TGC, but McCord cannot shut up. He prattles on endlessness, trying to act funny, and it is horrid. I mean like nails on a chalkboard bad. I’m sure he’s a nice guy in person, but tv announcer wise, this is just brutal. He seems worse than normal today, like it’s actually really irritating me.... lol. Is it just me??<br />
    <br />
    if McCord went away tomorrow, his replacement is already in the wings. Colt Knost got a chance to announce during parts of the GENESIS OPEN and he talks MORE han McCord. he prattles on endlessly and contributes nothing.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yeaaah. Colt lost me with his comment about how kuchar style putters shouldn't be allowed. He talks waay too much.
    Posted:
  • beckbeck Members  19WRX Points: 45Posts: 19 Bunkers
    <br />
    Ummm ok????<br />
    It's probably a you problem.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    No, I don't think so. Look at the "like" numbers from the comment above yours. I also find McCord insufferable.
    Posted:
  • QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ... Members  689WRX Points: 87Posts: 689 Golden Tee
    McCord is insufferable at this point. Can't stand his commentary. And his straight up "snake oil swing speed in a box" commercials just further drive me up the wall.<br />
    <br />
    />
    <br />
    Really ... a spring loaded tee?
    Posted:
    • Cobra Speedzone Xtreme (tour length) w/ VA Shafts Nemesys 65 (45" @ D3)
    • Ping G410 LST 3W w/ Aldila Xtorsion Copper 70TX
    • Cobra F8+ 4-5W @ 17.5* Aldila Xtorsion Copper 70TX
    • Taylormade GAPR Mid 3 @ 19.5* - UST Addas 80g
    • Taylormade 2019 P790 5-GW w/ KBS C-Taper Lite 110g
    • Vokey SM6 F-grind 54*
    • Ping Glide Forged 58*
    • LAB Directed Force Reno 2.1 Armlock

• Ronnie MundtRonnie Mundt Members  221WRX Points: 218Posts: 221 Fairways
    Just let golf be golf. McCord is trying to inject his sense of humor into the broadcast and it just doesn’t work. <br />
    <br />
    I’ve said for years, the European Tour absolutely kills their broadcasts; they are a joy to watch.<br />
    <br />
    You see twice as much golf, the integrity and wholesomeness of the game is preserved, and you don’t get guys like Nantz, McCord or Buck trying to make what you are watching, about them. It’s just the golf.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6536WRX Points: 1,769Handicap: 8Posts: 6,536 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    Just let golf be golf. McCord is trying to inject his sense of humor into the broadcast and it just doesn't work.<br />
    <br />
    I've said for years, the European Tour absolutely kills their broadcasts; they are a joy to watch.<br />
    <br />
    You see twice as much golf, the integrity and wholesomeness of the game is preserved, and you don't get guys like Nantz, McCord or Buck trying to make what you are watching, about them. It's just the golf.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Don't know that I agree. I've heard some really dumb stuff come out of those announcers too. I will admit they put me to sleep faster than the American broadcasters do.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Ping Anser 23 Hybrid
    Ping Anser 27 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right
  • VolgolferVolgolfer Members  528WRX Points: 109Handicap: 7.8Posts: 528 Golden Tee
    <br />
    Just let golf be golf. McCord is trying to inject his sense of humor into the broadcast and it just doesn't work.<br />
    <br />
    I've said for years, the European Tour absolutely kills their broadcasts; they are a joy to watch.<br />
    <br />
    You see twice as much golf, the integrity and wholesomeness of the game is preserved, and you don't get guys like Nantz, McCord or Buck trying to make what you are watching, about them. It's just the golf.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    +1
    Posted:
    Srixon Z585 4 & 5
    Srixon Z 785 6 - P
    Mizuno T 56/58/60
    Cobra LTD 9.5
    Cobra BioCell 3w
    Titleist 909 5w
    Tommy Armour No.3 Putter
    Snell MTB-X
  • Les StrokesLes Strokes Members  528WRX Points: 125Posts: 528 Golden Tee
    Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4519WRX Points: 898Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,519 Titanium Tees
    Big Cat 3 wrote:
    Pooh_Bear wrote:
    <br />
    Dottie Pepper has put me on suicide watch several times.<br />
    whoever took the #metoo chance on hiring her ... should be tried for abusing us
    <br />
    <br />
    I could have sworn she retired . That woman is insufferable , she has turned off her good senses and her control.<br />
    She needs to be put on nutty meds.<br />
    <br />
    Remember the 3 villains who Superman battled ?<br />
    <br />
    I’m starting to think they are Peter Kostass, Gary McCord and Dottie Pepper now.
    Posted:
  • NPVWhizNPVWhiz Members  1976WRX Points: 8Handicap: 5Posts: 1,976 Platinum Tees
    For me, Gary is like Sergio. I’ve tried my best to like his commentary and announcing, like I’ve tried to focus on Sergio’s play rather than his stupid childish behavior, but the bottom line is I’d rather have much less of both of them in my golf sphere from now on.
    Posted:
    Taylormade r11s 9 Penley Stealth 70x 44.5" D-3
    > Taylormade 16 M1 8.5 GD AD TP6x 44.0" D3 PX Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 44.5" D-3
    Nickent 3DX Pro 14 MRC Diamana WB 83s
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18 Grafalloy CNote ProtoX
    Mizuno MP62 DG x-100 Sensicore D-4 3-pw
    > Ping i200 DG120 S3 D-3 +1/4" Red 4-U.
    Vokey SM6 56-14/60-04M DG x-100 Sensicore 1xss D-5
    > Vokey SM6 56/10 60/4M DG 120 S300 35" D-5
    Scotty Golo

Advertisement
  • bstrong29erbstrong29er Members  1WRX Points: 15Posts: 1 Starters

Our local sports bar will mute the tv when
    Mccord squeals and tries to be cute with his voice inflections. He is horrible and is just not funny.

Posted:
  • FootWedge16FootWedge16 Members  285WRX Points: 83Handicap: 100Posts: 285 Greens

On -, @bucky316 said:

McCord went downhill (fast) after CBS hired Feherty to their broadcast team.... Feherty is a comedic genuis who still makes his point with few words; DF was quality over quantity which is perfect in my book ... IMHO McCord couldn't stand being 2nd banana to DF

Feherty is the best of all time. No competition in my book.

Posted:
  • JDCONJDCON PrincetonMembers  352WRX Points: 148Handicap: .2Posts: 352 Greens

On -, @FootWedge16 said:

On -, @bucky316 said:

McCord went downhill (fast) after CBS hired Feherty to their broadcast team.... Feherty is a comedic genuis who still makes his point with few words; DF was quality over quantity which is perfect in my book ... IMHO McCord couldn't stand being 2nd banana to DF

My favorite was Ken Venturi.

Posted:
  • Anchor44Anchor44 Members  905WRX Points: 89Posts: 905 Golden Tee

I can't stand McCord either, but if he retired tomorrow there's another one waiting in the wings. Colt Knost is every bit as irritating and NEVER shuts up. He acts as if there's a second of silence he'll get fired.

Posted:
  • chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members  1325WRX Points: 356Posts: 1,325 Platinum Tees

I can't believe McCord is still out there doing it.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • KRAMER1997KRAMER1997 Members  307WRX Points: 250Posts: 307 Greens

PUT AMANDA IN THE BOOTH!!!!

Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

Lol. I like Gary in small doses. I’d listen to him over Joe Buck any day x2.

Posted:
  • aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers  667WRX Points: 804Posts: 667 Golden Tee

On -, @FootWedge16 said:

On -, @bucky316 said:

Feherty's great. Always liked him and only recently started watching his show on TGC. His talk with Tom Watson was really, really good.

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS2 Hybrid 22°
    OG Lynx Parallax 4-PW
    Miura 52°, 58° RTG
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members  1325WRX Points: 356Posts: 1,325 Platinum Tees

On -, @bladehunter said:

Lol. I like Gary in small doses. I’d listen to him over Joe Buck any day x2.

Wow, now there's a battle royale of obnoxiousness.

Posted:
  • cinnepacinnepa Members  2208WRX Points: 116Posts: 2,208 Platinum Tees

On -, @Ronnie Mundt said:

Just let golf be golf. McCord is trying to inject his sense of humor into the broadcast and it just doesn’t work.

I’ve said for years, the European Tour absolutely kills their broadcasts; they are a joy to watch.

You see twice as much golf, the integrity and wholesomeness of the game is preserved, and you don’t get guys like Nantz, McCord or Buck trying to make what you are watching, about them. It’s just the golf.

exactly,,,i bet you couldn't even name one of the broadcasters...which is the way it should be. the u.s. fellas trying to be the stars.

Posted:
    TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
    TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL (7 wood baby!  schwing!)
    Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
    Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
    Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini

Advertisement
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers  16870WRX Points: 1,023Handicap: 4-5Posts: 16,870 Titanium Tees

McCord's style is comparable to Feherty yet both of them are quite different from other announcers. What disturbs me are social media people that have no tolerance for difference. Yep, use the mute button.

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
    Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
    Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, Steelfiber i110 "S"
    Titleist 620 CB/MB 3i-PW, Steelfiber i110/i125 "S"
    SM6 F-52/8, Steelfiber i125 "S"
    SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
    SC California Monterey
    ProV1 & AVX

• gvogelgvogel Members  8472WRX Points: 1,398Posts: 8,472 Titanium Tees

On -, @cinnepa said:

On -, @Ronnie Mundt said:

Just let golf be golf. McCord is trying to inject his sense of humor into the broadcast and it just doesn’t work.

I’ve said for years, the European Tour absolutely kills their broadcasts; they are a joy to watch.

exactly,,,i bet you couldn't even name one of the broadcasters...which is the way it should be. the u.s. fellas trying to be the stars.

I watched a good bit of the Tour de France a few weeks ago. They pretty much have two guys doing the broadcast, Bob Roll and Phil Liggett, and they are very good. Once in awhile they show a guy on a motorcycle with the lead group, and once in awhile they bring in Jens Voight who was a racer. But it's pretty much Bob and Phil and they do a great job.

I think that one of the problems with US golf coverage is that there are too many people in the both, behind greens, and walkers. They could do the whole thing with two guys in the booth and a couple of walkers.

Posted:
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11816WRX Points: 1,614Posts: 11,816 Titanium Tees

Or they could shadow each group with a handheld shotgun mic and have a studio announcer simply chime in with "Now to 14 where DJ has an eagle putt" for the transitions. About 80% ambient sound, player and caddie chatter and 20% announcer would be a good ratio. And 0% "scene setting" or "human interest" or "local color" canned content.

If we were listening in to the players and caddies we wouldn't need Costis to tell us whether lie was good, bad or awful. We'd figure that out from context.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • Bullet85Bullet85 Members  0WRX Points: 3Posts: 0 Starters

CBS , Gary McCord just ruins it !!! OMG !! He just won’t shut up!!!! Please do not renew is 2019-2020 golf contract !!

Posted:
  • Bullet85Bullet85 Members  0WRX Points: 3Posts: 0 Starters

CBS , Gary McCord just ruins it !!! OMG !! He just won’t shut up!!!! Please do not renew is 2019-2020 golf contract !!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers  13916WRX Points: 1,485Handicap: 8-ishPosts: 13,916 Titanium Tees

2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018 called.....they want their thread back.

Posted:
    I pick 14 of the following:
    Ping G400
    Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
    Callaway Apex 23*
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Hoofer
    ProV1x-mostly
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members  1284WRX Points: 680Posts: 1,284 Platinum Tees

Gary brought me to the Tour Striker and I have never looked back since!!

Posted:

-- Just tap it in. Just tap it in. Give it a little tappy tap tap taparoo. --

• OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers  3390WRX Points: 1,202Posts: 3,390 Titanium Tees

On -, @Qwiklap said:

McCord is insufferable at this point. Can't stand his commentary. And his straight up "snake oil swing speed in a box" commercials just further drive me up the wall.
    Really ... a spring loaded tee?

Remember this...

Over the years he must have done a bunch of these endorsements

Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x

Advertisement
  • mukstermukster A lot can happen in a year. North of the 49thMembers  3738WRX Points: 487Posts: 3,738 Titanium Tees

What happened to him and Chamblee and Tathata Golf??

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic 3 Wood , Fubuki Z65 shaft
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood,  Tensei CK Blue shaft
    Cobra F8 22* hybrid
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons
    , KBS Tour V shafts
    Srixon A wedge 51° bent to 50°
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.