ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Iron Demo Feedback

jcosjrgolfjcosjrgolf Advanced Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
I have been playing the CF16 Combo set for the last 2 years and will be getting a new set of irons shortly. I like my current irons but one thing I hate is the clicky sound/feel on the 4-7 irons. The 8-AW Pros are perfect. I did my research and narrowed it down to: Apex 19, Apex Pro 19, 919 JPX Forged, 919 JPX HM Pro, AP3, AP2, 585 and 785. So I went to a local Golf Galaxy where my intent was for looks, feel and to narrow down the choices. In several weeks I will return for a thorough fitting

Callaway - I prefer the looks of the Apex 19 to the CF16: slimmer sole, less offset, shorter heel to toe. The Apex 19 clicky sound/feel is not as pronounced and slightly detectable. The Apex Pro 19 is stunning looking and I like the less offset, thinner top line as compared the Apex. I hit the Apex about 6 yards longer but much prefer the feel of the Pro. The Apex 19 distance dispersion is tighter than the CF16. I’m thinking of another combo set or Apex Pro 19 6-AW with 4-5 UT irons (appearance wise blend nicely). Never hit the UT iron so would have to compare feel and distance gaps.

Mizuno - Both the 919 JPX Forged and 919 JPX HM Pro look great at address where I prefer the Forged thinner top line, sole but prefer the HM Pro less offset. The HM Pro being cast felt great at impact, not much different than the Forged that I slightly prefer. The HM Pro was about 5 yards longer than the Forged and I hit the HM Pro the same distance as the Apex. The overall JPX 919 line gives you allot of options to mix model sets with a similar feel. I wish they had a better AW to blend in with these sets.

Titleist – Both the AP2 and AP3 look great at address where I prefer the AP2 thinner top line, sole and less offset. They both felt good at impact where I prefer the feel of the AP2. The AP2 was very consistent and is such a solid low handicap iron. The AP3 was all over the place where I am mostly attributing this to the stock shaft. In any effect, the AP3 is ruled out.

Srixon - Both the 585 and 785 look great at address where I prefer the 785 thinner top line, sole and less offset. They both felt good at impact where I prefer the 785 feel: more of an old school solid forged feel. The flight of the 585 is higher and about 3 yards longer. Never hit a V sole on the grass and wondering how it would perform for me. At address, these irons give you an option to mix sets but I do notice the impact feel is different and not sure I could deal with this. Maybe blend the U85 with the 785? Never hit the U85 so would have to compare feel and distance gaps. The 585 is ruled out.

Next visit I will narrow down the best shaft/head combo then see who is the winner. I’m not into which one I can hit farther, I’m focused on which one I hit more consistent with the tightest dispersion. Current top 3 leading contenders are 919 JPX Forged, 919 JPX HM Pro and Apex Pro. Cost wise, the JPX HM Pro at $1K is a great bargain.