NBC sports gold is a joke

2»

Comments

• bullsfanbullsfan Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    I agree, it's a POS! I've tried it a couple of times and on IOS it tells me to use the NBC Sports app now, back and forth? WTF! I work in technology and if we ever made something like this it would be our asses!
    WITB

Driver: Ping Anser 10.5*
    3 Wood: Ping i20 14*
    Irons: Ping i25 3-PW
    Wedge(s): Ping Glide 50* 56* & 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Squareback
  • rwc356rwc356 Chicago, IllinoisPosts: 301 ClubWRX
    stanger37 wrote:

If I buy it on the NBC app, can I also log in on Amazon if that is working better? or do you either pay for it on Amazon or NBC app?

You can only watch on Amazon Video via a subscription through Amazon. I cancelled my NBC Gold and moved to AMAZON - best decision ever. Haven't had one problem with AMAZON streaming service and I can watch on phone, laptop, Apple TV - its great. NBC Gold was worst App I have ever dealt with. I subscribed though PGA Tours Live for the 2 prior years - AMAZON is better than either service.
    Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag
  • blarkin97blarkin97 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    The only problem I have had is that it won't load with the WIFI if the wifi is running even a little bit under speed.

It works fine when I use my cellular data but who has unlimited of that anymore lol
    PING G400 9* Stiff
    Callaway XR 16 3W 15*
    Adams Idea Super 3H 19*
    PING i210 AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Cleveland CBX 54* & 58* TT Wedge Flex

Odyssey O-Works Black 1 34" OR O-Works Black #3T 34"
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,802 ✭✭
    edited Mar 14, 2019 11:25am #35
    rwc356 wrote:

stanger37 wrote:

If I buy it on the NBC app, can I also log in on Amazon if that is working better? or do you either pay for it on Amazon or NBC app?

You can only watch on Amazon Video via a subscription through Amazon. I cancelled my NBC Gold and moved to AMAZON - best decision ever. Haven't had one problem with AMAZON streaming service and I can watch on phone, laptop, Apple TV - its great. NBC Gold was worst App I have ever dealt with. I subscribed though PGA Tours Live for the 2 prior years - AMAZON is better than either service.

Thanks for this. I have had intermittent success. It works most of the time on Roku, but intermittently in my browser, especially Chrome.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • bbr16bbr16 Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    They stripped all the good features from pga tour live app, and added a bunch of garbage. What kind of a company forces users to login/logout instead of acknowledging/fixing authentication issues within the app? There isn't even a message that shows there's a problem with authentication, the video just fails to play. I could write a better app in my sleep.

Next year I'll look into getting a subscription through amazon. Are there are leader boards available in the amazon video app?
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,802 ✭✭
    Konklifer wrote:

rwc356 wrote:

stanger37 wrote:

Thanks for this. I have had intermittent success. It works most of the time on Roku, but intermittently in my browser, especially Chrome.

My PGA Tour Live subscription ended on 3/9 so I moved over to Amazon. Already a much better browser experience.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,342 ClubWRX
    Amazon is bare bones - shows the video. You get a small leaderboard during breaks with maybe the top 5-10, depending on spread. It's video streaming of the groups, which is what I want to watch and why it is offered. Don't really care about all the other stuff, I can follow the leaderboard on my phone if I want to.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 24,953 ✭✭
    2nd week on amazon for me. Amazing how much better it works tHan the gold app
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • ETgolfETgolf Posts: 141 ✭✭
    i am glad i only signed up for the month, i will not renew. this thing works less than 30% of the time
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,342 ClubWRX
    Amazon working so well Tiger birdied 17. ;-)
  • AppAlumAppAlum Members Posts: 741 ✭✭

Are you talking about the NBC Sports App on Amazon? That’s what I use and it’s been great for me.
  • SirFuegoSirFuego Posts: 154 ✭✭
    My PGATour Live expires today. NBCSports Gold wasn't THAT bad - never ran into streaming issues, but some of the random authentication issues were annoying, although not that frequent.

I switched to using Amazon and it is better. NBC Sports has way too much extra **** in their interface making it clunky. Sure Amazon prime has a ton of extra stuff, too, but it brings PGA Tour Live streams front and center.

For those on newer Android phones, both the NBCSports and Amazon apps support split screen, but not picture in picture. Nice to be able to stream and still use my phone at the same time.

• tideridertiderider Members Posts: 1,462 ✭✭
    AppAlum wrote:

Are you talking about the NBC Sports App on Amazon? That's what I use and it's been great for me.

i use the pgatourlive link on amazon prime ... it says "pgatour live", but there's nothing about nbc, so i don't know if nbc is associated with it or not ... zero problems ...
2»