Stability Putter Shaft

13»

Comments

• KuroOuji54KuroOuji54 Members Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭

PGA players resist change. Check the lpga to see if its popular.

• osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been using one for quite a while and to me it just made the putter so darn heavy that it was hard to play with. I play my putters longer than 35" anyway so this just exaggerated the feeling. I just pulled it and it's sitting in my backup bag. We'll see if I decide to try it out again

Ping G410 LST 9* - Accra TZ6 65 M5
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face 14* - Tensei Blue 90TX
    Ping G410 Hybrid - Aldila Tour Green ATX 105TX
    Srixon 745 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130x softstepped 1x
    Vokey 50* F Grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54V grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60 camber sole - DGTI S400
    Taylormade Spider X - Stability Shaft / SIK BAD prototype armlock
  • milesnotsmilesmilesnotsmiles Members Posts: 70 ✭✭

anyone know when they are coming to retail with the newer, more natural looking version without the graphics?

• alexgolfsalexgolfs Members Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

I didn't notice a big difference!

• Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,145 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@milesnotsmiles said:
    anyone know when they are coming to retail with the newer, more natural looking version without the graphics?

I will bump this question. The current one is too busy.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Put a c-taper 130x in my putters for stability for years now. Works like a dream. The stability feels pretty much the same imho, but I was somewhat distracted by the look of it.

• LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@osubuckeyes691 said:
    I've been using one for quite a while and to me it just made the putter so darn heavy that it was hard to play with. I play my putters longer than 35" anyway so this just exaggerated the feeling. I just pulled it and it's sitting in my backup bag. We'll see if I decide to try it out again

I'm due in to stability for an install in a couple of months. Speaking to them, they advise a head which I find lighter as the stability shaft will add swing weight.

Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • AucavemanAucaveman Members Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

I'm due in to stability for an install in a couple of months. Speaking to them, they advise a head which I find lighter as the stability shaft will add swing weight.

I'm very sensitive to putter weight. I recently played a Scotty mil spec that was about 320 grams. I then switched to a ping anser 5 that was 365. I actually ground off about 40 grams to lighten it. Lastly i purchased an exo rossie that is 360. It came with the stability shaft. That's what i wanted, but was unaware of the weight of the shaft. I was worried about it being too heavy. I don't find it feels heavy at all. To me it just feels balanced. Maybe it's the combo of the exo and shaft but i love it. The round before i put it into play, i had 4 three putts. I've had the exo 2 weeks. Through maybe 13 to 15 rounds I've had 1.

• 03trdblack03trdblack Wake Forest, NCClubWRX Posts: 1,901 ClubWRX
    edited Aug 5, 2019 12:46am #70

@Skhacker said:
    Put a c-taper 130x in my putters for stability for years now. Works like a dream. The stability feels pretty much the same imho, but I was somewhat distracted by the look of it.

Is it a 355 tip c-taper shaft? If so what number iron do you use?

• mogc60mogc60 Members Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 5, 2019 1:43am #71

@Aucaveman said:

I'm very sensitive to putter weight. I recently played a Scotty mil spec that was about 320 grams. I then switched to a ping anser 5 that was 365. I actually ground off about 40 grams to lighten it. Lastly i purchased an exo rossie that is 360. It came with the stability shaft. That's what i wanted, but was unaware of the weight of the shaft. I was worried about it being too heavy. I don't find it feels heavy at all. To me it just feels balanced. Maybe it's the combo of the exo and shaft but i love it. The round before i put it into play, i had 4 three putts. I've had the exo 2 weeks. Through maybe 13 to 15 rounds I've had 1.

The shaft weight and stiffness balances out the higher head weight. Lowers the “swingweight” so to speak. I put mine on a Seemore with a 400 gram head that was very heavy before and now it feels much, much lighter and very well balanced.

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 9 EV BLACK 75 6.5 44 1/4”
    CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15 MATRIX HD9 STRONG 41.5”
    WILSON FG5 TOUR 17* RIP PHENOM 100 S
    SRIXON Z FORGED 3-PW CATALYST 100 6.5
    CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0
    CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0
    CLEVELAND RTX4 58* MODUS 120X
    SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38”
    SNELL MTB-X

• doppler491doppler491 Members Posts: 59 ✭✭

Has anybody tried one of the armlock versions yet? If so, what are overall thoughts. Particularly interested in the 'swingweight' feel of these, based on the last few posts

@Big Ben said:

@milesnotsmiles said:

I will bump this question. The current one is too busy.

So I was emailing with them today, they said the tour version isn’t due to be released anytime soon, really just a tour proto. Also said that was slimmer with same graphics ..

• SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@03trdblack said:

@Skhacker said:

Is it a 355 tip c-taper shaft? If so what number iron do you use?

.355 taper 8 iron shafts

• Jtarno23Jtarno23 New JerseyMembers Posts: 27 ✭✭

Went to a putter fitting today, I am not a good putter, way too much acceleration

• DeepPuttsDeepPutts Calgary, ABMembers Posts: 13

Laughing at something that makes someone else more confident misses the value of confidence in putting. Great putting is vastly more about confidence than mechanics. Cheers. :smile:

Passionate about the fine art of putting.

• j.a.j.a. Members Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@milesnotsmiles said:

I hate the graphics! If I get one, I will paint it in black.

• CBJCBJ McKinney, TXMembers Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I will be getting fit for one tomorrow morning at Breakthrough Golf’s headquarters, I’m going through a 1.5 hour fitting/evaluation. I’ll inquire about a version without the graphics.

Cobra F9 w/ Accra TZ6 65 M4
    Cobra F8+ 3 Wood - Mitsubishi Thump 75
    Taylormade GAPR Mid #3 - Aerotech Steelfiber i95
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro - 4-PW
    Mizuno S18 White Satin - 50.7, 54.8, 58.8
    Evnroll ER5 Hatchback Black
    Snell MTB Black Golf Balls
  • N2N2N2N2 N2N2 Members Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭

@CBJ said:
    I will be getting fit for one tomorrow morning at Breakthrough Golf’s headquarters, I’m going through a 1.5 hour fitting/evaluation. I’ll inquire about a version without the graphics.

Would be great to get your feedback on fitting too. Have a good time.

• j.a.j.a. Members Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 8:45am #80

@CBJ said:

That would be much appreciated! Enjoy your day there

• Dcoop86Dcoop86 Members Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Just got mine in a Bobby Grace Shilo. I can definitely say I notice a performance/outcome difference on poorly struck long putts. The ball rolls the “same” distance regardless of strike. Other than that, I like the heavy weight being dispersed across the entire length rather than all head weight. I really like it.

• YoungJediYoungJedi Members Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 21, 2019 3:37am #82

@burns9304 said:
    I got a stability shaft installed in one of my BB0s and like it quite a bit so far. The biggest difference I can tell is that the feel is much different and the stiffness of the shaft is very noticeable compared to a standard TT putter shaft. The stability shaft helps on the long putts by allowing me to take the needed more aggressive stroke and knowing exactly where the head and face angle is at the entire time.

Who did you have install? I have a bb0 as well, and looking to get a stability.

Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    PXG 0311X gen2 DARKNESS 2 iron w/ Tensei pro 70g hybrid S
    PXG 0311x gen1 DARKNESS 4 iron w/ kbs $taper S
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F/58D w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    Custom Bettinardi BB0 - RJB022885
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • typhoonoidtyphoonoid Members Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one in my toulon. Seems to help me putt straighter then before. Still working on the distance control.

WITB:
    Ping G400 Max Driver Fujikura Pro XLR8 61S
    Ping G 3W Fujikura Pro 63s
    Ping G25 3H, 4H
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW KBS CTaper Lite S
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56* ES
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*
    Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H3 Stability Shaft
    Srixon Z-Star Yellow
    Ping DLX Cart Bag

• burns9304burns9304 Members Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭

@YoungJedi said:

@burns9304 said:
    I got a stability shaft installed in one of my BB0s and like it quite a bit so far. The biggest difference I can tell is that the feel is much different and the stiffness of the shaft is very noticeable compared to a standard TT putter shaft. The stability shaft helps on the long putts by allowing me to take the needed more aggressive stroke and knowing exactly where the head and face angle is at the entire time.

Who did you have install? I have a bb0 as well, and looking to get a stability.

I had my local shop that I trust, Golf Station, install it for me.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9* Graphite Design Tour IZ 6
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Graphite Design Tour IZ 7
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Graphite Design Tour DI 95
    Callaway X Forged UT H 24* Graphite Design Tour DI 95
    Callaway Apex Pro DOT 5-PW Oban CT-115 
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50*F, 54*M, 60*M Shimada Tour Wedge
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow DASS

really struggling to pull the trigger on one of these, want to pick one up as it'll make a build so much easier. But at the same time, hearing that putter shafts are going to be all over the PGA show, and surely they're going to be at a much more reasonable price point

• Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,145 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@milesnotsmiles said:
    really struggling to pull the trigger on one of these, want to pick one up as it'll make a build so much easier. But at the same time, hearing that putter shafts are going to be all over the PGA show, and surely they're going to be at a much more reasonable price point

If that’s true that’s good to know. Seems a great reason to hold off in my book.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights