***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Club Corp Course Reviews for Play Away (Formerly Travel) Members

1789101113»

Comments

• oneunderbogeyoneunderbogey Lefty Boomers  704WRX Points: 119Posts: 704 Golden Tee

I played DFW courses this weekend. Thanks travelinggolfsticks for the recommendations.

Played Stonebriar Fazio the first day. Course was in great condition and seemed like a real nice club and facilities. Unfortunately we only 9 in before storms rolled in. Hung out for awhile hoping to get back out there but it didn't clear up and we left. Shot 41 on the front.

Played Oakmont Friday, only played here because it was close to where I was staying and I could get a morning tee time. We had some other stuff going on in the afternoon so it worked out well. It was in pretty good shape but it's a shorter course (6700) and there isn't a lot of trouble, large greens led to some fun putts. Shot 80 even though I wasn't playing that great.

Played Stonebridge Ranch Dye Course yesterday. Easily my favorite course of the 3, real fun layout in great condition. I definitely want to get back out there because I think I could score a lot better the second time around. Lots of intimidating tee shots. Highly recommend you play it if you get the opportunity. 2 birds including one on 18 but shot 90 after a very rough start and bad putting throughout.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • theebdktheebdk Members  479WRX Points: 93Posts: 479 Greens

My impression is that on the website in the "planning your next getaway section", each listed location is a market. So it looks like 6 markets in Wisconsin. Ask Clubcorp to be certain.

So I have a question. For the clubs that are no longer offering a complimentary round, why are they still showing the club on the playaway website and stating golf services, preferred rates available. But then it mentions the $25 fee for rental clubs when playing. And clearly the green golf flag is shown. Does this mean that they will allow you to play for a guest fee? For example, Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale or Aspen Glen Club in Aspen CO. Firestone is also like this but I would assume that they still offer a a travel package with accommodations and access to the south course. FYI, that trip is worth it. There are some clubs that no longer show a green golf flag and do not have the golf services item.

Posted:
  • tjbluetjblue Members  270WRX Points: 78Posts: 270 Greens

August 1st was the suppose change date...better hurry.

Posted:
  • JeffreywnJeffreywn Members  12WRX Points: 32Handicap: 6.4Posts: 12 Bunkers

Is this new list of clubs effective immediately or at Aug 1st too? New list really takes out some of the good clubs.

Posted:
  • oneunderbogeyoneunderbogey Lefty Boomers  704WRX Points: 119Posts: 704 Golden Tee

I played prestonwood hills yesterday in DFW. Not a course I would recommend. It is short and tight with homes on most holes. Lots of irons off the tee. Greens are small and were in rough shape yesterday, look like none of the members ever fix a ball mark.

They are bent greens, which is stupid in DFW in my opinion unless you have a massive budget the new Bermuda strains are much better for the weather.

Posted:
  • tjbluetjblue Members  270WRX Points: 78Posts: 270 Greens

STAY & PLAY

The history of championship golf at our iconic club and three world-class golf courses, exceptional dining and a tradition of gracious hospitality combine to create the Firestone Experience. For the first time, Firestone Country Club is opening its doors for you to enjoy the Firestone Experience with our exclusive Stay & Play opportunities.  

Experience golf, dining, and well-appointed overnight accommodations surrounded by golf history. Tee it up on the iconic South Course, where golf’s greatest players have been testing their skills for over 65 years. Play our North and West Courses, each of which boast scenic views and are a challenge in and of themselves. 

Visit the 1929 Grille Room and enjoy our delicious menu with a variety of choices to please any taste, the ideal finish to the perfect day of golf. Finally, stay overnight in one of our villas or our nostalgic dormitory-style club rooms within the men's locker room.A limited number of these Stay & Play packages are available.

Let's start planning your trip. Complete the form below for availability and pricing.  

Check with your airline or travel operators regarding Ohio's travel restrictions for your state. 

"travel members need not apply"

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

Honestly they appear to be done with the playaway members. The deal was to good to be true and they are heading towards shutting it down now.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.