Free Sleeve of Elixir Balls

Comments

• Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,936 ✭✭
    Went to the website and they are gone, bummer!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • Akron09Akron09 Good morning from the first tee! Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Got mine yesterday! Can't wait till spring! TY OP
    Driver: Nike Vapor Fly Pro - 9.5* DiamanaBlueboard Stiff
    3W: Cleveland Launcher AVS
    H: Adams Pro a12 20* Kuro Kage
    4-PW - Srixon I-701s DG S300
    Scratch 8620 S/S
    Odyssey Black I Series 9
  • vietnameehvietnameeh HIT BALL FAR NOT BALL STRAIGHT Members Posts: 1,866 ✭✭
    Played them this morning

Great ball!
    Cobra LTD PRO 7.5F* Aldila Phenom NL 60X
    Callaway XR16 Pro 14* Graphite Design PM902X
    Taylormade M3 17* Fujikura 869 Speeder Tour Spec X
    2012 TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC 4-PW X100
    Wilson FG Tour TC 52,56,60
    Ping TR 1966 Anser 2
    #vietnameeh
  • endyendy Members Posts: 3,107 ✭✭
    vietnameeh wrote:

Played them this morning

Great ball!

I hate you (still have a foot of snow on the ground haha)
    Srixon Z785 9.5* KK XD 60TX
    Srixon F85 13.5* Atmos Black TS 8TX
    Srixon H85 19* Oban Kiyoshi Black 90X
    Srixon Z785 4-PW KBS $-Taper 130X
    Cleveland RTX-4 50/54/60 TI S400
    Toulon Garage Columbus
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • cpeck12cpeck12 Lefty Boomers Posts: 455 ✭✭
    endy wrote:

vietnameeh wrote:

Played them this morning

Great ball!

This ^^ !!
  • icecat88icecat88 Members Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Got mine not bad
  • Judge SmalesJudge Smales Members Posts: 766 ✭✭

Got mine today. Anyone know if these are gamers or shag balls?

Gamers. They are legitimate premium golf ball.
  • stealthrt91stealthrt91 Members Posts: 1,695 ✭✭
    got my balls, thanks OP (repped)
    M4 D-Type 10.5* - NV 2KXV 65 Green
    M6 Rocket 14* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    M6 19* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    P790 (4-GW) - DG105
    Milled Grind Bronze 55.12 - DG105
    Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60.ATV - DG105
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 910 ✭✭
    Ordered same day this was posted, still waiting....my life story.
  • cpeck12cpeck12 Lefty Boomers Posts: 455 ✭✭

“Ordered” mine the same day and just got them yesterday.
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 910 ✭✭
    cpeck12 wrote:

"Ordered" mine the same day and just got them yesterday.

Ha, no biggie. It`s a tad bit to chilly for any outdoor golf right now.
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Posts: 3,029 ClubWRX
    I played with them today. They’re OK, but I didn’t think they were anything special. I don’t see buying them at $39 dz.
    Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • defnotaprodefnotapro Members Posts: 530 ✭✭
    So I had a couple sleeves from a mullybox that I got. One of the worst balls in my opinion. Felt like I was hitting a rock. Just left them in the cart for someone else. I would play nitro before these.
    TravelingGolfSticks.com
  • Timbo929Timbo929 Members Posts: 399 ✭✭
    Played them this weekend. Not the softest, but a great ball for free image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • kmcelhaneykmcelhaney Members Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Just to pile on, they are decent... Not a great feel, but performance seems legit. Not a $40 ball
    edited Mar 11, 2019 2:55pm #47
    kmcelhaney wrote:

Just to pile on, they are decent... Not a great feel, but performance seems legit. Not a $40 ball

+1

yes, I rather pay 10 more and pro v's or 5 less for TP5's.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sm_wattssm_watts Members Posts: 633 ✭✭
    cpeck12 wrote:

endy wrote:

vietnameeh wrote:

Played them this morning

Great ball!

This ^^ !!

We're getting another 6-10" tomorrow image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

But I got my sleeve yesterday in the mail too, looking forward to some green grass!
    Taylormade M2 2016 10.5 w/UST ATTAS Elements, MK reg
    Taylormade M2 2017 HL 16.5 w/UST ATTAS Elements, DK reg
    TEE e8 22 & 25 hybrids/Recoil 460 F3
    Bridgestone J40 DPC's/Recoil 95 F3
    Snake Eyes 685BX 52*
    Hogan TK 57*
    TP Mills Sycamore...or Spaulding TPM VIII...or maybe the TP Mills Elite...or the TP Mills Softtail???
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,280 ✭✭
    IMO, this ball played a lot like the Top Flite Gamer Urethane in both feel & distance. Spin was definitely better though, especially around the greens.

I played one and my buddy played one. We left all 3 balls on the tee box at #8 for somebody else to try out.
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • dcfasdcfas Tempus Fugit Members Posts: 858 ✭✭
    Just got mine today. Thanks again to the OP.
  • jli2636jli2636 Members Posts: 1,035 ✭✭
    Got mine yesterday and rolled a few putts inside. Wasn’t bad but didn’t really care for them. Gave them to my 5 year old to put in her bag and she was excited to have new balls and “not ones daddy finds on the golf course”.
  • ConnorSnowConnorSnow Members Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Just got my second hole in one with one of these guys! Was a short 116 yard par 3. Hole 17 at East Bay GC. Got the sleeve yesterday and went to the local course to try them out. Had pretty good spin with my wedges. Shot landed about 2 feet past and 4 inches left, spun right back in! Funny thing is I have new wedges coming in so was planning on ditching my 56, not so sure now lol
  • freddiedavis65freddiedavis65 Gadsden, ALMembers Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Congratulations Connor! I still haven't joined the hole in one club yet. Hope to join soon
  • Stephen1125Stephen1125 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭
    edited Mar 13, 2019 10:40am #54
    I played a round last week and the elixr only lasted two holes before I put it back in the bag. It was a feel decision more so than performance. I've also been testing the Vice Pro +(phenomenal ball).

For me, the ball felt too hard.

Driver- Hitting with the driver it was maybe 10 yards short of my normal landing areas playing the AVX or Vice Pro +. I was not able to hit all the balls off the same tee because the course was slammed. I alternated holes and it's a course I play often so I'm pretty familiar with where I normally end up. The ball didn't feel like a brick but it just wasn't soft like I like. There was a noticable weight to it at impact. Spring seemed lower than with the AVX. My fades were smaller and it just seemed to not stay in the air as long.

Irons - iron distance seemed very similar. The ball still felt hard to me on the irons. Even off the sweet spot it just felt heavy if that makes sense? I missed the green on each approach with it so I can't comment too much on spin with irons.

Wedges - the elixr seemed to roll out more than the AVX & Vice Pro +. It wasn't as heavy feeling like with the driver and irons. I would say it's definitely more of a bump and run ball than a one hop stopper.

Putter - the ball felt decent off the putter but again not as soft as I would prefer. The finish on the ball looks [email protected] address.

I'm playing again tomorrow and I'll give it a few more holes. Any questions, please ask.

*UPDATE*

Update to my post above.

I gave the elixr another try yesterday and it preformed much the same. The course I played today had much softer greens though and I got to see that the elixr does have some good spin.

The ball still felt heavy on the driver and was 10-15 yards short consistently.

I had two shots that spun back well on the greens.

One was an 8 iron from 151. Landed and spun back about 15 feet.

The second was a gap wedge from 111 yards than stopped within 2ft of it's landing spot after spinning back.

I still don't think the ball is for me, but at least others can see that it's not terrible. I don't know the retail price of these balls but I have definitely hit much worse.

258e6bcd5335027c4e2a69b6b1c36d49.jpg2a849e9c5c7ad9ba90987ca38068c1e7.jpg

I played a round last week and the elixr only lasted two holes before I put it back in the bag. It was a feel decision more so than performance. I've also been testing the Vice Pro +(phenomenal ball).

For me, the ball felt too hard.

Driver- Hitting with the driver it was maybe 10 yards short of my normal landing areas playing the AVX or Vice Pro +. I was not able to hit all the balls off the same tee because the course was slammed. I alternated holes and it's a course I play often so I'm pretty familiar with where I normally end up. The ball didn't feel like a brick but it just wasn't soft like I like. There was a noticable weight to it at impact. Spring seemed lower than with the AVX. My fades were smaller and it just seemed to not stay in the air as long.

Irons - iron distance seemed very similar. The ball still felt hard to me on the irons. Even off the sweet spot it just felt heavy if that makes sense? I missed the green on each approach with it so I can't comment too much on spin with irons.

Wedges - the elixr seemed to roll out more than the AVX & Vice Pro +. It wasn't as heavy feeling like with the driver and irons. I would say it's definitely more of a bump and run ball than a one hop stopper.

Putter - the ball felt decent off the putter but again not as soft as I would prefer. The finish on the ball looks [email protected] address.

I'm playing again tomorrow and I'll give it a few more holes. Any questions, please ask.

*UPDATE*

Update to my post above.

I gave the elixr another try yesterday and it preformed much the same. The course I played today had much softer greens though and I got to see that the elixr does have some good spin.

The ball still felt heavy on the driver and was 10-15 yards short consistently.

I had two shots that spun back well on the greens.

One was an 8 iron from 151. Landed and spun back about 15 feet.

The second was a gap wedge from 111 yards than stopped within 2ft of it's landing spot after spinning back.

I still don't think the ball is for me, but at least others can see that it's not terrible. I don't know the retail price of these balls but I have definitely hit much worse.

258e6bcd5335027c4e2a69b6b1c36d49.jpg2a849e9c5c7ad9ba90987ca38068c1e7.jpg

Great review.
  • vietnameehvietnameeh HIT BALL FAR NOT BALL STRAIGHT Members Posts: 1,866 ✭✭
    Maybe I am little bit different, I thought this was a great ball.

Nothing different than any other premium ball. no shorter or longer

I did want to say that off the tee this ball Flew "straighter" and seem to hold its line much better on mishits. It played in the wind very well too.

The ball checked, spun, and all of the above

Would I buy these at it's current price point, No. If it was lower by a bit, it would be a great contender with like Vice,Snell, and the others

Cobra LTD PRO 7.5F* Aldila Phenom NL 60X
    Callaway XR16 Pro 14* Graphite Design PM902X
    Taylormade M3 17* Fujikura 869 Speeder Tour Spec X
    2012 TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC 4-PW X100
    Wilson FG Tour TC 52,56,60
    Ping TR 1966 Anser 2
    #vietnameeh
  • dcfasdcfas Tempus Fugit Members Posts: 858 ✭✭
    Just received a discount code: #fitted

10% off.
  • tomuch23tomuch23 tomuch23 WIMembers Posts: 536 ✭✭
    I think they feel quite soft and played/flew great. Ordering a dozen on Amazon. Cool promotion with the free sleeve.
    Srixon Z785 9.5° HCPXHB65
    Srixon F85 15° HCPXHY75
    Srixon H85 19°/22° PXHB85
    Srixon Z565 5i-Aw NPM 105
    Cleveland Cbx 54°/58° DG115
    Cleveland HB Soft #8.5
    Srixon Z Star/Q Star Tour, TM tp5 
    Ogio Silencer
  • kmckmc Members Posts: 168 ✭✭

AVERAGE ACROSS THE BOARD. SEEMED TO SPIN NICELY ON APPROACH SHOTS.

• Hanlpa01Hanlpa01 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭

Anybody else order the free sleeve but not get it yet?

• Sparky14Sparky14 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭

My feedback - length off the driver was good, but I didn't get as much spin on the greens as my ProV1s. I liked the feel. In the end, I wouldn't kick it out of the bag. However, I did lose two in the rough, so their ability to be found is not very good. I need balls that don't get lost in the rough. And don't tell me to just hit them in the fairway. I don't play in fairways. They are too fancy will all of their tightly cut grasses and pretty color. I stay in the weeds where I belong.