MEMBER REVIEWS: Golf Pride TOUR SNSR Contour Pro! Read What Members Are Saying!

knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,094 mod
edited Feb 21, 2019 12:38pm in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment #1
Golf Pride TOUR SNSR Contour Pro is in the hands of GolfWRX members and they are putting it through the paces. Take a look at what they are saying about the new grips and please feel free to ask any questions you might have on them! The testers are...

BlackM00Nlight

snafu34

Yosef

oldhamer25

balladm

zp13

N2N2

Svang5

Kylekoz17

Banker

RobYakes

Milez28

Stanks

gprubes

mspeedpika

erock9174

tocino

homergolf

TinkerGolfMan

stryper

Thank you to Golf Pride for putting on this testing!
Post edited by Unknown User on
Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg

Comments

• gprubesgprubes twit: @shaeggy Members Posts: 812 ✭✭
    place holder

Thanks again for the opportunity!!
    Taylormade M3 440 9* - Fuji Motore Tour Spec VC 6.2 S
    Ping G400 14.5* - Alta CB 75 S
    Honma TW737 18* - Vizard Type-Z 70 S
    Taylormade P790 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120 S
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52.12F & 58.11
    Odyssey O-Works Black 1 Wide S w/Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,541 ✭✭
    edited Feb 25, 2019 10:35pm #3
    The Iowa weather finally allowed me to get into Golf Galaxy and install the grip. Unfortunately, I won’t get to on course reviews for another month yet but I rolled it all night on my putting green in the house. My gamer is a Nike Origin B1-01 with the stock Lamkin Deep Etched Nike grip.

Personal history: I always played stock grips growing up. I simply did not know any better! After the years in the military and finding my game back, I realized that since I have large hands (I’m 6’4” and like XXL gloves but can play in XL since they are hard to come by) the larger the grip the quieter my wrists! So, without hesitation I went and put a SS Fatso 5.0 on my 2012 Scotty Golo and I struggled to get the grip to even fit into my bag at the time... Needless to say, the grip may have been too big. I rolled that rock for some time until I landed upon the O-Works 2 ball Fang Tank a few years back. Back to stock grips again.. after struggling with distance control I went to a smaller blade putter, my Nike, and man, I have had ups and downs with the putter. When I’m rolling it, it’s awesome and my lag putting has improved overall. When I’m not, I feel that it tends to be my hand position that gets all out of whack and I struggle to find that consistent grip with the smaller stock grip. I’m right handed and grip right hand low, overlapping my right pinky onto the back of my left hand fingers while my right thumb overlaps the left thumb. So, in true GolfWRX fashion, I bought another Origin model only a mid slant neck and put the Tour Sensor Straight 140cc on it. I loved the feel of the grip but preferred the Tour Contour except the colors were not for me so I tried the straight grip. I just couldn’t get along with the straight grip and the slant neck so I sold both putters and rolled the Evnroll ER 2 and couldn’t stand the feel. Went back to the Nike Origin B1-01 stock and was at least happy with the looks and feel again. Fast forward another year and I have this grip on my gamer at last!

Initial Impressions: The feel is soft. Coming from the Lamkin Deep Etched, this is rather soft. The rubber on my old grip almost had a sheen to it and was slicker than when I bought it new. I enjoy this feel though. And the Contour Pro is heavier. The shape is what attracted me above all else though. I love how the paddle type grip sits in my hands. The larger size fills my grip naturally and I feel like I can repeat the same grip without hesitation vs physically having to adjust myself to feel comfortable with my smaller stock grip.

On the Course: still to come..

Overall: I’m impressed. It feels and performs, with my limited time thus far, just like I hoped it would. I’m excited to get this puppy on the course and get in a routine with it to see if my putting grip becomes more consistent.

Bonus: I love the colors image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• oldhamer25oldhamer25 Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭
    edited Feb 28, 2019 10:38pm #4
    I received the 104cc a couple of days ago. Currently I am looking at a blanket of snow that just won't go away and more coming Sunday. So getting outside is not going to happen anytime soon.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
    SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
    SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
    716 T-MB 3 PX 6.0
    Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
    Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
    Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 14
  • Milez28Milez28 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭
    edited Mar 5, 2019 3:59pm #5
    Update: 3/5

I took a few pics to compare it the the original Contour grip and they are slightly different.

- The bottom part of the new pro is definitely more narrow than the original but it's deeper from front to back.

- The top part seems the same width but not as deep from front to back. And more rounded edges.

It feels like the same compound used in the original. Although the back side does feel squishier than the original. The original feels firmer to me.

So far, I prefer the original Red/Black one better because it just fits my hands better. But I do like the looks of the grey/black better than the red/black.

• tocinotocino Members Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    edited Mar 14, 2019 8:51pm #6
    First off thanks to Golf Pride and Golfwrx for giving me the chance to be a tester!

I received my grip a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately my normal club builder is dealing with some medical issues and I just couldn’t get out to my backup guy due to work and family commitments. I only have 2 putters I use nowadays; a Scotty Kombi-S 35” with a ss 3.0 Ryder cup edition grip and a Scotty Select Newport, 34.5” with a stock pistolero. Through the years I’ve found I do better with bigger grips and since the pistolero was getting a little slick and I’ve been meaning to get it replaced when this chance to be a tester came along. Lucky me!

First Impressions:

It’s soft. I thought my pistolero was squishy compared to the SS 3.0, but this takes the cake. I thought it would bother me once it was on and initially it did. However the shape felt good and after awhile, it started to getting used to it while gaining confidence after every putt. I have a round scheduled for Sunday and this will definitely be in the bag for a live-fire excercise

One of the reasons I like bigger putting grips is I was pretty handsy at one point. I’ve managed to temper most of it through practice. I really like how a Newport head looks at address but when I need to make putts, my Kombi with the SS gets the call. I’m hoping this change to the Newport will allow me to play the putter I want to. I’ll give another update after a few rounds. I would still have preferred it if the grip was a little firmer but I do like the shape and how it contours to my hands.

thanks for reading!
  • stryperstryper Members Posts: 3,133 ✭✭
    edited Feb 21, 2019 5:39pm #7
    Found a pleasant surprise in my mailbox this afternoon. Installing it this weekend on a TP Mills Klassic. My first impression is that the size (140cc) and texture are perfect. Love the color combination as well.

More to follow next week!
    Titleist 917D2, w/UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F4T
    Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
    18* KZG U Iron, w/UST Proforce V2 100-S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52-08 F, 56-10 S
    Callaway Sure Out 64
    Odyssey O-Works Tank #7
    Reverse angle.
    Callaway Sure Out 64
    Odyssey O-Works Tank #7
    Side
    Callaway Sure Out 64
    Odyssey O-Works Tank #7
  • homergolfhomergolf Bay Village, OHMembers Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    Also got my SNSR Contour Pro grip today.

First thing I noticed about the grip is it’s weight. Per the specs, it weighs 124 grams, vs 60 for my current Super Stroke Slim 3.0. I’m sure this will give the putter a whole new feel.
    Ping G400, 9, adjusted to 10
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Rogue 5-wood, 19
    Epic 4 hybrid, 23
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
    This is a shot of my putter arsenal. I know it is dwarfed by many of the members collections, but these are the three putters I use. My “gamer” is the SC GoLo 3, the putter on the left in the picture. I very rarely use either of the others, but I like them so I’ll keep them for now.

The grip on my gamer is, as you can see from the pic, is a Super Stroke Slim 3.0. That is the grip the new 140cc SNSR will replace. I installed that grip during the 2017 season, so it is due to be replaced.

What I like about the SS is that it took almost no time for me to get used to it. When I take my grip with it, there is no thought of how my hands and fingers feel as I’m putting. Any other grip on any other putter, I am conscious of the difference between it and the grip on my putter.

It is a bit of a departure for me to use any brand besides Golf Pride, so the SS grips I have are not the norm. I started using Golf Pride grips when I found out Golf Pride is part of Eaton Corp, which is based in the Cleveland, OH area which is where I am from and live. I am used to Tour velvet grips that are my choice for my other clubs. With that in mind, I am hoping the new 140cc SNSRs will be favored over the SS. By the way, Stinger tees are my choice for the same reason, they are in the Cleveland area.

I will install the SNSR tomorrow provide my initial take on it.
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Rogue 5-wood, 19
    Epic 4 hybrid, 23
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Place Holder. Expecting grip soon. Thanks again for the opportunity.
  • BankerBanker Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    edited Feb 24, 2019 7:44am #13
    Installed my 104cc today. Disclaimer, I heart my Pingman. I’ve experimented with other grips through the years but never for long.....

Obviously the weight difference is very noticeable so i added some weight to the head. As you can see, it’s a lot thicker than I’m used to as well. I don’t know that I’d call it squishy, but it’s definitely softer than tye pingman. Kind of feels like memory foam for the putter....

Playing tomorrow, will see how it reacts. And to all my Northern brothers, it’s going to be mid 80’s & sunny here tomorrow..... 🤷‍♂️😂😂

Since I decided to be a smart mouth about the weather, the forecast has changed overnight to rain...... sounds about right. Anyway, rolled some on the carpet last night. The top part fits my hand really well but it’s so much softer than I’m used to, it almost feels like the putter is twisting in my hands, but of course it isn’t. I also need more weight in the head to make up for that grip weight.

M1 10.5*
    RBZ Stage 2 14*
    Adams Idea Pro 18*
    Ping I25 3-UW
    Ping Tour S 54* & 60*
    Piretti CW II
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    Placeholder - haven’t received mine yet (Ohio).

Driver: Ping Rhapsody 16*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• balladmballadm Augusta, GAMembers Posts: 676 ✭✭
    Im very excited to recieve mine in the mail. This will be a completely different feel than the Lamkin cord on there now.
  • Svang5Svang5 Members Posts: 606 ✭✭
    Placeholder - haven’t received mine yet (California)
    I changed the grip on my putter from the SS Slim 3.0 to the new SNSR Tour Pro 140cc. I’m very happy with the looks of the putter with the new grip. I was a little concerned because the previous grip looked great, matching up well with the black and red on the GoLo 3. The new grip looks very good and matches up nicely with my bag.
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Rogue 5-wood, 19
    Epic 4 hybrid, 23
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
    The performance of the putter with the new grip remains to be seen. There is no outdoor, natural grass putting green available for use anywhere around here, as the temperature is below freezing and it has been a typical northern Ohio winter, cold and snowing.

I have taken a few putts with the new grip on an indoor surface and can provide a few observations on that experience.

Looks: as mentioned in the previous post, the looks are very good. I’m really happy about how well the grip matches up to my bag and the general good looks of the putter with the new grip.

Feel: comparing the new grip to the grips on my other putters, the firmness of the grips rank in the following order:

1) The red Tour Contour 104cc on my Cameron & Crown GoLo 5 (installed at the beginning of 2018 season) - firmest

2) The SS Slim 3.0 on my Nike Method Core MC-003 - firmer than the new SNSR Tour Pro 140cc

3) The SNSR Contour Pro 140cc - softest of the three

Weight:

1) SNSR Contour Pro 140cc - heaviest

2) SNSR Contour 104cc

3) SS Slim 3.0
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Rogue 5-wood, 19
    Epic 4 hybrid, 23
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
    Taking a few putts using my GoLo3 with the new SNSR Contour Pro grip, I was pleased with the feel of the putter with the new grip. I was a bit worried the heavier grip might be different enough to make me not be as happy with my putter as I had been with it when it had the SS grip. The new grip certainly gave the putter a heavier feel but it still has a very nice balance with the club head feel not getting lost by the addional weight in the grip. In my hands, the shape of the SNSR is natural in that my fingers are comfortably placed in taking my grip. There is not any unusual feeling in how the grip fits in my hand. The larger flat surface on the front side of the grip will take some getting used to, as it is different from what I have been using. The grip is also somewhat softer than the SS, but not mushy. That will also take some getting used to.

So far, my impression is favorable and the SNSR will go into the new season on my putter.

I’ll post any other thoughts and when the actual season starts.
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Rogue 5-wood, 19
    Epic 4 hybrid, 23
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
  • YosefYosef Members Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited Mar 3, 2019 10:21pm #20
    Got this installed yesterday and have not played a round with it, but rolled putts on the green and on my indoor mat.

I installed on a Ping Redwood Piper. Initial thoughts are that it feels much softer than my red Tour SNSR from last year. The shape is slightly different (pics below) but this one feels better in the hands.

It feels nice and tacky, I really like this grip and after I put it threw the paces I will most likely install on the rest of my putters. I plan to come back after I have played a round or two.

Titleist TS3 8.5 -- Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5
    RBZ 14.5 -- Aldila Rip 8x
    MP Fil Hi 18 -- X100
    MP 64s 4-PW -- Modus 3 120TX
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 60M -- Modus 125
    Evnroll ER8
  • Stephen1125Stephen1125 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭
    Wow, I'm surprised they went softer with the new grips. I have the 104cc in the original red/yellow. I love the contours of the grip and the way it sits in my hands but I hate the color, the squishy-ness of it and the weight of it. It always feels like I'm holding a marshmallow.

I was really hoping these grey/black ones would be firmer and lighter weight.

Looking forward to more reviews. Thank you testers!
  • Kylekoz17Kylekoz17 Members Posts: 2,178 ✭✭
    edited Feb 26, 2019 11:05pm #22
    Finally able to post some pictures (see post 43) and comparisons. I currently have the pistol gtr tour on one putter, and flatso 2.0 on the other and have gotten really used to them. Prior, I had a golf pride tour tradition and always loved the feel, but like a lot of others I have gotten used to the bigger grips.

I received the 104cc grip, and as you can see from my pictures, is inbetween the gtr tour and flatso 2.0 which was exactly what I was hoping for. I was intrigued by last year’s snsr grips but was offput by the colors so I never tried them, but this year’s black and grey looks awesome so no complaints there. My iniitial thoughts are that the grip at impact feels great! Definitely reminded of my tour tradition grip in the bigger package that I’ve become used to. Not as good as a tour tradition, but definitely better than my superstrokes.

The one difference I’ve had a little trouble with so far is getting used to a tapered grip again. I’ve gotten very comfortable with the no taper grips so I’m curious to see if I will get used to the taper again. I like everything else about the grip. It is soft, but I wouldn’t say too soft. I wouldn’t mind if it were a bit more firm like others have mentioned. Here are a few pics. I will post some more updates as I use it more
    Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 - Kuro Kage DC TX 60
    TI Taylormade ’16 M2 DF 16.5 - Attas 6star 7X
    '17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
    Titleist 716 TMB 3-5 iron AMT X100
    Titleist 718 AP2 6-pw AMT X100
    Custom Oven grind Nike Engage 50 sq, 56 toe sweep
    Custom 1/1 Rory Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01
  • N2N2N2N2 N2N2 Members Posts: 248 ✭✭
    Placeholder. Go away rain.
  • gprubesgprubes twit: @shaeggy Members Posts: 812 ✭✭
    Got my grip installed today and rolled a few carpets putts. First thoughts are this grip is SUPER SOFT feeling. Might take some time getting use to. Will do a full write up very soon, on my original post, once I get a few more putts in with it.
    Taylormade M3 440 9* - Fuji Motore Tour Spec VC 6.2 S
    Ping G400 14.5* - Alta CB 75 S
    Honma TW737 18* - Vizard Type-Z 70 S
    Taylormade P790 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120 S
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52.12F & 58.11
    Odyssey O-Works Black 1 Wide S w/Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,541 ✭✭
    Seems like we all have weather issues. Got mine after hours Friday, worked OT Saturday, and it’s a blizzard out there right now. Iowa weather for ya..
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• oldhamer25oldhamer25 Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭
    ^^^^Know what you mean by snow and blizzard conditions. Still anxiously waiting on mine showing up in the mail.
    917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
    SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
    SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
    716 T-MB 3 PX 6.0
    Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
    Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
    Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 14
    edited Feb 24, 2019 2:27pm #27
    T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic w/140cc Golf Pride TOUR SNSR Contour Pro installed, against an HD Golf Simulator practice putting background:
    Callaway Sure Out 64
    Odyssey O-Works Tank #7
    The Combatants: T. P. Mills v. Odyssey O-Works Tank #7
    Callaway Sure Out 64
    Odyssey O-Works Tank #7
    Side by side look at the two grips when viewed from above:
    Callaway Sure Out 64
    Odyssey O-Works Tank #7
    More comps:
    Callaway Sure Out 64
    Odyssey O-Works Tank #7
    edited Feb 25, 2019 11:20am #31
    Another pic for comparison. The SS grip on the Tank above is a Mid Slim 2.0. The other grip (not previously) shown is a mid-size Bocceri Secret Grip. As you can see from the overhead, the SS is by far the smallest, the SNSR, the largest. Both the SNSR and the Secret Grip are tapered, the Odyssey is not.
    Callaway Sure Out 64
    Odyssey O-Works Tank #7