Srixon Z Star XV for $17/doz at Wal-Mart (YMMV)

Comments

• LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 3,940 ✭✭
    One of my local Walmarts has/had them for $2 a dozen. They're sold out.
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,274 ✭✭
    DJQwrx wrote:

Are the trial packs of the 2019 Z-Stars or XV available in yellow?

All I saw/grabbed were white. I would have preferred yellow.
  • dtc0207dtc0207 Members Posts: 120 ✭✭
    DJQwrx wrote:

Are the trial packs of the 2019 Z-Stars or XV available in yellow?

No yellow I wish they did
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,282 ✭✭
    My local GG has the performance packs. Great deal on one of the best balls on the market.
    Callaway Flash SZ 9* / ROGUE 130msi Silver 70TX
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,697 ✭✭
    I picked up a dozen of the Z Stars for $17. Today, I saw they still had some in stock, but when I returned there were none there. Asked one of the assistants if they had put any golf balls on clearance.

He took me to the back of the department and showed me seven or eight different types on clearance.

No Z Stars or Q Stars, but I did pick up three dozen Rocketballz Urethane for $6.50 each.
  • wundejwundej ClubWRX Posts: 3,749 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 6, 2019 8:02pm #67
    I got lucky. I should have checked sooner, but generally have zero luck with Walmart deals. Picked up two dozen yellow zstar yesterday for $17ea. Today stopped by two on the way home from work. One said 4 in stock, there were 4 boxes. One white w/spin skin and 3 yellow. One of the yellows had pinnacles in it. So got the other 3. $7ea. Stopped by the next store and was supposed to have 8 boxes. There were 3, one had nitros or something in. Got the other two yellows. They also had rbz urethane for $7, and nxt Tour s but was missing a sleeve. didn’t take them.

$7 for a dozen is absolutely insane, even if they are a few years old. Today I got 5 dozen for $35! Between these and the 6packs....and all the boxes I’ve stock piled....I’m afraid to count what I have. I hate this site. Thanks OP.
  • cfgolfcfgolf Members Posts: 143
    Found two dozen yellow and two dozen white Z star for $7 each. One of the white looks REALLY old, anyone know which year those would be? Have twelve dozen ProV stocked up so no need for these, but who can resist at that price?
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    Three of those are 2013 and the “oldie” is a 2011
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    One of several milled putters
  • cfgolfcfgolf Members Posts: 143
    edited Mar 7, 2019 1:03pm #71
    dxdgenert wrote:

Three of those are 2013 and the "oldie" is a 2011

Wow, must have fallen behind a shelf or something! Box was a bit beat up. I guess for 7 bucks they'll do for early season play.
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    cfgolf wrote:

dxdgenert wrote:

Wow, must have fallen behind a shelf or something! Box was a bit beat up. I guess for 7 bucks they'll do for early season play.

Yes. For $7, they’re great. I’ve seen a mixture of 2011, 2013 and 2015. I have to decide when to use yellow versus white. Anyone have a preference, spring/summer yellow? Fall white?
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 5,983 ✭✭
    yellow for early morning or late twilight rounds. white for mid-day.
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • wundejwundej ClubWRX Posts: 3,749 ClubWRX
    dxdgenert wrote:
    cfgolf wrote:

dxdgenert wrote:

Yes. For $7, they’re great. I’ve seen a mixture of 2011, 2013 and 2015. I have to decide when to use yellow versus white. Anyone have a preference, spring/summer yellow? Fall white?

I generally play yellow all year round, they can be a bit bright in very bright sun (being pearlescent and very bright yellow) if you are sensitive to light. I do sometimes play whites when the leaves start falling. Depending on the types of trees around, the yellow can be tough to find.

• Jeph62Jeph62 Members Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Found 3 dozen X on the top shelf at my Walmart.

All 2013 version, but no XV unfortunately

edited Mar 8, 2019 7:11pm #76
    Somebody in the Twin Cities area eviscerted my stash! I saw that my local Walmart dropped the price to $7/dozen. Of course, they refused to price match my 10 dozen so I took the gamble of returning them and tried to rebuy. Again, of course, they wouldn’t do it and said I had to come back the next day. Luckily, they had 5 dozen at $7 and I snagged those. Flash forward to this morning and, of course, the 10 dozen were already sold (last night if Brickseek was accurate). Oh well, at $17 it was a luke warm deal but $7 is insane!

P.S. whoever you are, you even took the 3 dozen $7 RBZ Urethene... I wish you nothing but slices, shanks and skulls! OK, not really.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
  • ronstarsronstars #GetNaked Members Posts: 1,385 ✭✭
    No balls at my local Walmart...but I did score these for $3 a pop!!! Cleaned em out of XL’s haha!

The Big Dog ~ TM M3 
    The 3 Banger ~ TM M2
    The 5 Banger ~ TM M1
    The Metal ~ 96' TM Burner Tour/Oversize combo
    The Shovels ~ TM High-Toe 56 & 60
    Flatstick ~ 00’ Custom Odyssey Triforce 3 
  • rsh0308rsh0308 Members Posts: 325 ✭✭
    Left 6 white and 3 yellows at Lumberton NJ. Took 3 whites and a yellow for $7. Their SKU counter will be wrong though. When I checked out the clerk couldn’t get any of the barcodes to work on the computer. Just kept saying “not a valid item” which is weird cause they pulled up as $7 on the isle price checker. She just typed them in as “Golf balls” and rung them up for $7 each.

Got 2 of the gloves above too for $3.50.
    My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9*, GD AD DI-6x
    Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*, White Tie x
    Taylormade Auroburner TP 3h, White Tie x
    Mizuno 850 Forged 4-P, DG TIS400
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
    Scotty Red X
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    dxdgenert wrote:

Yes. For $7, they're great. I've seen a mixture of 2011, 2013 and 2015. I have to decide when to use yellow versus white. Anyone have a preference, spring/summer yellow? Fall white?

I carry one of each color in my pocket. That way, if I have to hit a provisional, I can remember the color and markings instead of the number.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
  • OhpohOhpoh Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Went to one location that’s said 3 dozen available, no luck. Will try another location soon
  • rsh0308rsh0308 Members Posts: 325 ✭✭
    Ohpoh wrote:

Went to one location that’s said 3 dozen available, no luck. Will try another location soon

At the one I went to, the balls were not with the other golf balls. They were on a separate clearance rack with other sports equipment.
    My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9*, GD AD DI-6x
    Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*, White Tie x
    Taylormade Auroburner TP 3h, White Tie x
    Mizuno 850 Forged 4-P, DG TIS400
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
    Scotty Red X
    rsh0308 wrote:

Ohpoh wrote:

At the one I went to, the balls were not with the other golf balls. They were on a separate clearance rack with other sports equipment.

Same.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
  • ccook6678ccook6678 Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    How do you check inventory??Thanks for the heads up on the separate clearance section. No luck yet but the separate clearance area gives me hope— On the bright side, it’s ALWAYS a good show at Walmart on a Friday night. Woohoo!!
  • ccook6678ccook6678 Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Update: Plenty of “Lower the Boom” “Strata Smash”, Floater balls and Bridgestone Lady. For anyone keeping score at home. Sheesh
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,697 ✭✭
    ccook6678 wrote:

Update: Plenty of “Lower the Boom” “Strata Smash”, Floater balls and Bridgestone Lady. For anyone keeping score at home. Sheesh

I think you named every single ball on the clearance rack BESIDES the 3 dozen Rocketballz Urethane I found!
  • OhpohOhpoh Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    rsh0308 wrote:
    Ohpoh wrote:

thats where I checked
  • t4t3rt4t3r Members Posts: 2,657 ✭✭
    No clearance rack at either 2 stores I checked who may have had stock at $7 per. One store just changed the price today. May stop back in tomorrow if I’m in the area.
    Ping G400 Max 9* - Project X Evenflow T1100 White 6.5
    Callaway Alpha 816 DBD 14* - Diamana D+ 70x
    Callaway Alpha 815 20* - UST iRoD 85x
    Callaway 2013 X-Forged 4-PW - Nippon Modus 130
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 56.08M
    Callaway MD4 Raw 60.08C
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
  • StetsonStetson Members Posts: 2,438 ✭✭
    Those gloves were 7 at my store as well. They had Bridgestone gloves for $5
    Driver: Ping G400 (Tour AD IZ)
    3w: Ping G400 SFT (Tour AD Di)
    3H: Exotics EX10 19* (Tour AD DI)
    3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Motore Speeder TS)
    4-P: Bridgestone J40 CB (Steelfiber 110)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
    Putter: Ping Nome TR
  • Cleaned my store out

Orange velocity $5

Zstar and b330 rxs $7

Tp5 $11

• Jason mJason m Members Posts: 196 ✭✭
    Dang! Thats a nice haul
  • Jason mJason m Members Posts: 196 ✭✭

Cleaned my store out

Orange velocity $5

Zstar and b330 rxs $7

Tp5 $11

sku or upc on the b330 or tp5? Id like to try to get those at my walmart!