Srixon Z Star XV for $17/doz at Wal-Mart (YMMV)

1235»

Comments

• dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    I’m all for flipping and hustling. I just don’t see it with this deal. When 2019’s are selling for $20, I’m not sure how you could justify 33 dozen. I can assure you those weren’t purchased from one store. By the time you factor in tax, mileage and time, there just isn’t a substantial margin. $5 each, maybe?
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    One of several milled putters
  • Sparky14Sparky14 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    Hey, he can pull out a new ball for every hole for a couple of years. He's going to be a legend in the after work league.
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Members Posts: 1,193 ✭✭
    FYI for next year. I spoke to a sporting goods department manager today. She said her golf ball modular is updated the end of every February. All the balls they discontinue will be clearanced out then. She said stores are instructed to move the residuals to the clearance section. If a ball is going to be carried the following year but is updated with a new model, the old balls will most likely not see a price reduction and just flow through until new stock is needed. In my area, none of the TP5 balls are marked down as they will continue on. Same with Bridgestone. The Srixon Z Star are completed disco'd from Walmart and why they are so cheap.
  • moadhiamoadhia Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
    How does one get their hands on 2019 performance pack online ? Do you have to go in-store for it ?
  • Jason mJason m Members Posts: 196 ✭✭
    edited Mar 11, 2019 11:44pm #126
    Found 3 srixon z star at local wally world,,brickseek showed 4, i looked at after i bought and brickseek showed low or no inventory. I headed to other wallys which showed 6 and struck out lol. They had a bunch of tm burner balls and e7 bridgestone. I bought a rbz urethane also for 7$.
    Anybody have a sku for rbz urethane, i didnt keep receipt. Where is it on the box if it is on the box. Was going to post a link on a local page if the wallys had a few
    Anybody know what years these are? Yelliws are made in indonesia and white one is made in japan
  • storm319storm319 Members Posts: 3,752 ✭✭
    Jason m wrote:

Anybody have a sku for rbz urethane, i didnt keep receipt. Where is it on the box if it is on the box. Was going to post a link on a local page if the wallys had a few

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=117489332
  • PureGolf313PureGolf313 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    My final haul, 6 zstars ($7), 2 RBZ Urethane ($5) ,one regular RBZ ($5), and 4 Burner XL gloves ($3.5). Went to about 5 local wally worlds. Should last me a VERY long time.

dmxvg0.jpg
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,407 ✭✭
    edited Mar 12, 2019 2:42pm #131
    Theres nothing like a good ol' Walmart run to remind myself why I never set foot in these garbage stores.

I told myself 'no' for this deal for weeks, but then the price dropped to $7 and $2 for the TM balls so I said "Hey, why not!" but boy was I about to be disappointed.

4 of the 9 stores around me said they had at LEAST 6 of each item in stock, some even saying 8-9 boxes of balls on hand and guess what? Not a single **** store had any. Not in any clearance isles or anywhere. Go figure.

Lord knows the employees dont know jack squat either. It's like talking to a brick wall and half of them dont even speak english.

Yay for me!

I did, though, find two boxes of Taylormade Burner balls for $3.99 each. So, that was fun. Until I realized they're TM Burner balls, and I have no use for them.

Here's the brickseek link: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=140288548
    Long Live Nike
    If you’re in Jacksonville this week, maybe for the Players Championship or something, the store on Lem Taylor has 8 dz and the store on Atlantic Blvd has 10 dz. At least they did when I left today.
  • ManBearPig98ManBearPig98 Members Posts: 399 ✭✭
    I might have a problem. Went to the 3 Wal-Marts in Bismarck/Mandan and this is what I ended up with:

7 Dz. Rocketbalz Urethane $7/each

3 DZ. Z Stars. $7/each

4 Callaway Players Towels. $5/each

8 TaylorMade Burner gloves. $3.50/each

4 Bridgestone Gloves $2.50 each.

1 DZ Floater golf balls. $2.50.
  • stealthrt91stealthrt91 Members Posts: 1,695 ✭✭
    awtryau89 wrote:
    If you’re in Jacksonville this week, maybe for the Players Championship or something, the store on Lem Taylor has 8 dz and the store on Atlantic Blvd has 10 dz. At least they did when I left today.

Atlantic was empty as of 2 min ago
    M4 D-Type 10.5* - NV 2KXV 65 Green
    M6 Rocket 14* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    M6 19* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    P790 (4-GW) - DG105
    Milled Grind Bronze 55.12 - DG105
    Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60.ATV - DG105
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback

awtryau89 wrote:

Atlantic was empty as of 2 min ago

The power of WRX. Someone beat you to them.
  • jli2636jli2636 Members Posts: 1,035 ✭✭
    edited Mar 13, 2019 7:37pm #136
    YMMV, but Wal Mart near me had the Ben Hogan pants clearanced down to $13 for gray and $15 for black and navy. These were in the clothing clearance section. Felt like it should stay here as a wal mart thread instead of creating a new thread. Ended up not getting any because I don’t wear slacks to work really anymore and I have enough pants to get me through the cooler weather until I can wear shorts consistently.
  • ManBearPig98ManBearPig98 Members Posts: 399 ✭✭
    Theres nothing like a good ol' Walmart run to remind myself why I never set foot in these garbage stores.

I told myself 'no' for this deal for weeks, but then the price dropped to $7 and $2 for the TM balls so I said "Hey, why not!" but boy was I about to be disappointed.

4 of the 9 stores around me said they had at LEAST 6 of each item in stock, some even saying 8-9 boxes of balls on hand and guess what? Not a single **** store had any. Not in any clearance isles or anywhere. Go figure.

Lord knows the employees dont know jack squat either. It's like talking to a brick wall and half of them dont even speak english.

Yay for me!

I did, though, find two boxes of Taylormade Burner balls for $3.99 each. So, that was fun. Until I realized they're TM Burner balls, and I have no use for them.

Here's the brickseek link: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=140288548

WTH? You just be joking, right?
  • wundejwundej ClubWRX Posts: 3,749 ClubWRX
    I might have a problem. Went to the 3 Wal-Marts in Bismarck/Mandan and this is what I ended up with:

7 Dz. Rocketbalz Urethane $7/each

3 DZ. Z Stars. $7/each

4 Callaway Players Towels. $5/each

8 TaylorMade Burner gloves. $3.50/each

4 Bridgestone Gloves $2.50 each.

1 DZ Floater golf balls. $2.50.

No problem, you are good. You came to the right place for support.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,638 ✭✭

Are you guys finding these in the clearance isle or in the golf section?

Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag

I just found some XV's on Brickstock at a local Walmart. They have two dozen according to the site. Trying to decide whether it's worth driving across town. For $7 a dozen, it's hard to beat. I think I have to pick my daughter up in that neck of the woods about an hour after I get out of work. Will be limited on time, so I will have to fly through there. Are the TM gloves you guys are finding cabretta?

Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64

Well, struck out. The only clearance golf item they had was a taylormade visor.

Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • storm319storm319 Members Posts: 3,752 ✭✭

@radiman said:

My rule of thumb with Brickseek is to not even bother with inventory less than 5 as they were likely a loss that the store has not written off yet.

@storm319 said:

@radiman said:

My rule of thumb with Brickseek is to not even bother with inventory less than 5 as they were likely a loss that the store has not written off yet.

Yeah. First time using it. I kind of figured as much.

Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • OhpohOhpoh Members Posts: 258 ✭✭

Been to 3 Walmart’s that says it had 5 dozen left. Nothing.

1235»