ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Best personal launch monitor for wedge distance gapping??

HoganHOHoganHO Advanced Members Posts: 251
I am interested in a economical (that is, not trackman or flightscope) monitor that I can use in my wedge practice that will give reasonably accurate distances.

Carry distance is my #1 concern. I'm not really interested in spin, speed, etc...

I will be using it exclusively outside with ProV1 range balls. I do not want to have to put metallic stickers on balls and so I thi k the MEVO is out.

Comments

• Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,264 ✭✭
    What's your max price range?
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • GautamaGautama Advanced Members Posts: 743 ✭✭
    FWIW, per Flightscope you don't need to use the stickers with the Mevo outdoors, only indoors. I've hit many balls both ways and can confirm that I see no difference.
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • TMfan54TMfan54 Advanced Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭
    Gautama - how do you like the Mevo so far? I’ve been searching for reviews
    M2 9.5* HRZDUS Yellow
    Tour Edge Exotics 15* E8 Beta Alidila Rogue
    Titleist T-MB 2 iron HRZDUS Black
    Miura 4-PW raw Tournament Blades KBS black nickel
    Miura 52 & 56* K grind DG TI
    Vokey SM6 62*
    Odyssey Two Ball
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,264 ✭✭
    Outside of the Mevo, there is the Ernst Sports ES14 for $500 and the Voice Caddie SC200 for $300
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • HoganHOHoganHO Advanced Members Posts: 251
    Gautama wrote:

FWIW, per Flightscope you don't need to use the stickers with the Mevo outdoors, only indoors. I've hit many balls both ways and can confirm that I see no difference.

Do you recommend the MEVO? Like I said, I'm mainly interested in it to really dial in my wedge game.
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,683 ClubWRX
    The Voice Caddie SC300 is out as well, listed at $550, but some are selling for $500

https://voicecaddie.com/products/practice/sc300-swing-caddie/

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Kuro Kage Silver Hybrid 80, stiff
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putters: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/Clicgear 3.5+
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • GautamaGautama Advanced Members Posts: 743 ✭✭
    HoganHO wrote:

Gautama wrote:

Do you recommend the MEVO? Like I said, I'm mainly interested in it to really dial in my wedge game.

Yeah I've really been happy with it. It's a really solid little thing and doesn't seem to ever miss a shot. The app is great too, both through my iPad and my galaxy s9. I've found it to be spot on, although it's important to know that it assumes you're hitting to a level target so if you're up or downhill at all at your range it'll be off by that amount. I was coming up a bit short relative to known, lasered targets whenever I'd hit from a certain part of my range and realized after talking with their tech people that that specific area is actually a little downhill.

And speaking of their tech people. I should add that the company is fantastic to work with in the event you have a question or something goes wrong, which is a huge selling point for me.
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours. Advanced Members Posts: 1,667 ✭✭
    Just confirming my experience with MEVO is same as Gautama's. Unit is very accurate. Also, no stickers needed. Tip I picked up from a fellow poster: Place the seam of your ball perpendicular to the target line.
  • MattMoMattMo Advanced Members Posts: 2,354 ✭✭
    I'm looking hard at the Mevo or ES14 for indoor use. I only have about 5' from tee to net, is this enough distance to provide accurate launch data?
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Alta CB 55
    Ping G25 4W w/ TFC
    Ping G25 20* Hybrid w/ TFC
    Ping ie1 4-U w/ CFS
    Ping Glide 54* WS
    Ping Glide Stealth 58* ES
    Ping Anser Milled 1, 35"
  • Stuart G.Stuart G. Members, Advanced Members Posts: 22,640 ✭✭
    edited February 25
    MattMo wrote:

I'm looking hard at the Mevo or ES14 for indoor use. I only have about 5' from tee to net, is this enough distance to provide accurate launch data?

Official requirements for Mevo:

[background=transparent]The space requirements for indoors is 8 feet of ball flight and 4-7 feet behind the impact. In total you will need up to 15 feet of space.[/background]
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Advanced Members Posts: 7,035 ✭✭
    SC300 is on my list but they don’t do spin yet. For $550 I want spin numbers.

I emailed them and they said they are working on a software upgrade that will allow spin readings. They want to offer it without adding dots.

I told them I’d keep checking back but until they offer spin it’s just not worth $550. I like the fact it has its own display. MEVO does not but it currently offers spin numbers.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
    Thank you. I'm assuming a similar requirement is needed for the ES14.
    Ping G25 4W w/ TFC
    Ping ie1 4-U w/ CFS
    Ping Glide 54* WS
    Ping Anser Milled 1, 35"
  • Stuart G.Stuart G. Members, Advanced Members Posts: 22,640 ✭✭
    For that little space, I suspect the only option is going to be a camera based system. Sometimes you can find some older Vector LM's on ebay.
    Thanks for the info Stuart. I might be able to achieve the 8' if I move the net up against the wall with some sort of padding behind it.
    Ping G25 4W w/ TFC
    Ping ie1 4-U w/ CFS
    Ping Glide 54* WS
    Ping Anser Milled 1, 35"
  • jvincentjvincent Advanced Members Posts: 432 ✭✭

SC300 is on my list but they don’t do spin yet. For $550 I want spin numbers.

I emailed them and they said they are working on a software upgrade that will allow spin readings. They want to offer it without adding dots.

I told them I’d keep checking back but until they offer spin it’s just not worth $550. I like the fact it has its own display. MEVO does not but it currently offers spin numbers.

I'm actually less interested in spin. What I'd really like to see is clubhead path and angle of attack added. Those would be much more useful to me as a training aid.