Hey guys

gcaraway ·  
gcarawaygcaraway Members  5WRX Points: 0Posts: 5
just wanted to say hi
Hey guys, my name is Greg. I just became a member of this forum and just wanted to say hi. It seems like a great forum and am looking forward to being active. I am 15 years old and live in Fort Worth Texas. My handicap is currently +.8 . So I just wanted to say hi to everyone.
Posted:

Comments

• JDorflerJDorfler Members  1411WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,411
    Hello back. Welcome to the forum. How's golf in Texas anyway. I've only been to the driving range.

Happy reading and posting.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • gcarawaygcaraway Members  5WRX Points: 0Posts: 5
    golf in Texas is amazing.There are over 15 golf courses in fort worth alone (including public and private). Most of the public courses are surprisingly in great shape and are well kept. I travel a lot throughout Texas for tournaments (especially in the summer) and I am really impressed by many of the courses.
    Posted:
  • GolfTitanGolfTitan Members  497WRX Points: 55Posts: 497 Bunkers
    I'm not a junior, but that's ok, can't resist stopping by and saying welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.
    Posted:
  • Carl-TCarl-T Members  26WRX Points: 0Posts: 26
    im new aswell image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' /> some awesome reading on all sorts

welcome!
    Posted:
  • golftitleistgolftitleist Jr. Boomers  858WRX Points: 0Posts: 858
    gcaraway wrote on Jun 23 2008, 11:42 AM:
    golf in Texas is amazing.There are over 15 golf courses in fort worth alone (including public and private). Most of the public courses are surprisingly in great shape and are well kept. I travel a lot throughout Texas for tournaments (especially in the summer) and I am really impressed by many of the courses.

Welcome!

What tour are you playing on? +.8 would tear up most of them.
    Posted:
  • PingEye2PingEye2 Members  836WRX Points: 99Posts: 836 Golden Tee
    hailtothechief wrote on Jun 23 2008, 11:46 PM:
    gcaraway wrote on Jun 23 2008, 11:42 AM:

Welcome!

What tour are you playing on? +.8 would tear up most of them.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing! He no doubt meant to say he is an 8... +8 would allow him to fill-in in Tiger's absence!
    Posted:

Advertisement
    No he meant +.8 like he typed.
    Posted:
  • SV GolferSV Golfer Big hitter the Lama. Long. Members  182WRX Points: 55Handicap: +2Posts: 182 Fairways
    hailtothechief wrote on Jun 24 2008, 06:20 PM:

Haha agreed... I think he's just really good.

Welcome!
    Posted:
  • beachgrovejuniorbeachgrovejunior Members  1456WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,456
    +0.8 wont win you many tourneys on a decent tour or any in a state junior, in my zone which is about 70 kids within about an hour of all the courses, there are about 10 that are plus caps and you have to shoot under par to get in the top 5 in our tourneys, gotta be in the 60's to win it if the good players are there.
    Posted:
  • golfpunk59golfpunk59 CanadaMembers  443WRX Points: 113Handicap: +3Posts: 443 Greens
    beachgrovejunior wrote on Jun 24 2008, 09:24 PM:
    +0.8 wont win you many tourneys on a decent tour or any in a state junior, in my zone which is about 70 kids within about an hour of all the courses, there are about 10 that are plus caps and you have to shoot under par to get in the top 5 in our tourneys, gotta be in the 60's to win it if the good players are there.

What zone are you i'm zone 5. I just tured 19 though. So no more junior tournemnts for me.
    Posted:
    Driver: 9* M3 440 Fuji Pro Tour Spec 63x
    3 Iron: Titleist 712u Tour Issue S400
    Irons: 4-PW 620 MB Nippon 125x
    Wedges: SM8 52* F 58* D Dynamic Gold S400
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Mid Slant
  • PingEye2PingEye2 Members  836WRX Points: 99Posts: 836 Golden Tee
    hailtothechief wrote on Jun 24 2008, 05:20 PM:

Sorry, didn't see the decimel point! Need to get my eyes checked...maybe that's why I can't putt!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • beachgrovejuniorbeachgrovejunior Members  1456WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,456
    Im Zone 4, Where is zone 5?
    Posted:
    beachgrovejunior wrote on Jun 24 2008, 11:24 PM:

I disagree, a +.8 will likely be one to two under par on the courses being played on the state tours, and scores like that will generally win a lot of those. The Illinois Junior Golf Association Player of the Year was a +.4 at the time when he won. Now I am aware the the Texas Junior Golf Tour is slighty stronger, but not to the point for +.8 isn't going to do well.
    Posted:
  • Gregg TGregg T Members  21WRX Points: 0Posts: 21
    Hey, I'm new here also! Nice to see another Gregg image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' /> Even though you spell yours wrong image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • expungeexpunge Members  618WRX Points: 0Posts: 618
    Hey there. I also live in Ft. Worth. I'm 2x your age though. Good to see younger guys playing well. Where do you play your tournaments at? Pecan Valley?
    Posted:
  • golfpunk59golfpunk59 CanadaMembers  443WRX Points: 113Handicap: +3Posts: 443 Greens
    beachgrovejunior wrote on Jun 25 2008, 05:26 PM:
    Im Zone 4, Where is zone 5?

Lower Vancouver Island.
    Posted:
    Driver: 9* M3 440 Fuji Pro Tour Spec 63x
    3 Iron: Titleist 712u Tour Issue S400
    Irons: 4-PW 620 MB Nippon 125x
    Wedges: SM8 52* F 58* D Dynamic Gold S400
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Mid Slant

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.