2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Best-Worst Comments on Items for Sale

tangojay

Am I the only one who cringes/laughs when there is an item for sale and some one makes cringing comments or funny ones?

For example:

" For sale, 34.5 Magnesium alloy putter with forged titanium alloy insert, diamond aiming dot, unicorn skin grip with brand new T-Rex skin head cover, $4,000 O.B.O"

And someone posts,,,,,, " Man, if that was a 34.325 inch with a ruby sight dot, I would be all over it !!"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a 3 wood up on the BST the other day that had minor scratches on the face and it was labeled as MINTY. It’s not MINTY

Meant “mintish”

Titleist TS3 w/ Even Flow White
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
M4 Tour w/ Kuro Kage TiNi
GAPR w/ KBS Tour Proto
Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
Vokey 46° 
Hi-Toe 52° & 58°
Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

I’ll take those comments all day over the slugs who write “I’ll take it” and then disappear after you send your PP address.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I’ll take those comments all day over the slugs who write “I’ll take it” and then disappear after you send your PP address.

+1!!

On a totally unrelated forum I belong to (its a hobby forum) I listed a ton of stuff for sale. A guy PMed me saying he wanted like 5-6 different items. I said great, here is what the final cost is and please PP me and I'll get everything sent out. I removed the items from the listing, boxed everything up (had to made my own packaging as one of the items was very oddly shaped--that took forever), and waited for him to get back to me. Few days goes by, then a week. I sent him a PM telling him everything was ready to go and that I was ready for his PP and to send it out.

Another week goes by, I PM him again. About 3 and a half weeks after he first contacted me I send him a message saying that if I don't hear from him soon I'm going to sell the items to someone else. Finally about 5 weeks after he contacted me I relist the items and sell them over the next couple of weeks. At like week 9 (after he first contacted me) I get a random paypal payment and a PM from him telling me to ship the items. I respond saying that I've sold the items and I'll refund the PP payment. The guy actually bitches me out and reports me to the moderator for selling items he'd already paid for. I was completely dumbfounded. The moderator contacted me and, after a very brief conversation, saw that I was in the "right."

Amazing what people do.

+1!!

On a totally unrelated forum I belong to (its a hobby forum) I listed a ton of stuff for sale. A guy PMed me saying he wanted like 5-6 different items. I said great, here is what the final cost is and please PP me and I'll get everything sent out. I removed the items from the listing, boxed everything up (had to made my own packaging as one of the items was very oddly shaped--that took forever), and waited for him to get back to me. Few days goes by, then a week. I sent him a PM telling him everything was ready to go and that I was ready for his PP and to send it out.

Another week goes by, I PM him again. About 3 and a half weeks after he first contacted me I send him a message saying that if I don't hear from him soon I'm going to sell the items to someone else. Finally about 5 weeks after he contacted me I relist the items and sell them over the next couple of weeks. At like week 9 (after he first contacted me) I get a random paypal payment and a PM from him telling me to ship the items. I respond saying that I've sold the items and I'll refund the PP payment. The guy actually bitches me out and reports me to the moderator for selling items he'd already paid for. I was completely dumbfounded. The moderator contacted me and, after a very brief conversation, saw that I was in the "right."

Amazing what people do.

Wow. I think that’s as bad as I’ve seen.

+1!!

I've been selling items online for quite a while and have generally had nothing but positive experiences. This was by far the worst. I'm not sure if he got banned or just stopped using the forum but I haven't seen him post in quite a while.

" need to sell fast ! newish set of Callaway Rogue Pros' ..... Played once and can't seem to find the sweet spot. Wife comes with the purchase."

Is she minty!?��

Used but not abused.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I saw a 3 wood up on the BST the other day that had minor scratches on the face and it was labeled as MINTY. It’s not MINTY

Meant “mintish”

This gave me a chuckle. I'm on a personal crusade to teach the younger generation the meaning of the term "mint" condition...as in a coin that has just come from the mint and is still flawless. So, let me stand atop my soap box and again shout to all who will listen (or read): listen up leople, there is no "minty," its just mint dammit, mint, mint. And yeah, gtfo my lawn. Lol

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

Am I the only one who cringes/laughs when there is an item for sale and some one makes cringing comments or funny ones?

For example:

" For sale, 34.5 Magnesium alloy putter with forged titanium alloy insert, diamond aiming dot, unicorn skin grip with brand new T-Rex skin head cover, $4,000 O.B.O"

And someone posts,,,,,, " Man, if that was a 34.325 inch with a ruby sight dot, I would be all over it !!"

Another good retort - "If only it was free shipping, no way I'm paying $4,000 for this and then forking over another $25 for shipping"!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

The ones that always get me are “quick sale”. As opposed to what? You wanted a long, drawn out sale? I presume they have nothing else to write but it adds nothing and is meaningless. Especially if not priced appropriately which is all too often the case. Quick sale, TaylorMade Burner Bubble driver, $85 to your door. Seriously

I've never had a transaction on this site, but have had more than 1 person accept a BIN on eBay, who contacted me within 10 minutes of the transaction and ask to renege. As long as it's done in a quick fashion I don't mind too much. I've been there before when the wife finally puts her foot down on irrational club purchasing and forces her hand.

I've never reneged on a deal myself, but have gone through months of "no benefits" to pay for that deal.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

+1!!

Amazing what people do.

Can you PM me the guys name to block him?

+1!!

Amazing what people do.

Can you PM me the guys name to block him?

Read the full story, it’s a different forum.

WITB 2/3/16:
Driver - Golf club
3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
Irons - More Golf clubs
Wedges - Knives
Putter - wrench