Freddie on Feherty

sfehlman22sfehlman22 Members Posts: 955 ✭✭
Loved it and glad there's a part two coming. One thing I've wondered about is his wives and their past. I remember his first wife passing away and I believe a girlfriend did too? I'm wondering if he went into the interview agreeing not to speak on his relationship past. One of my all time favorite players. Total class top to bottom

Comments

• golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,434 ✭✭
    Hopefully next week he can ask Davis Love about finding his brother in law dead in a hunting cabin after stealing millions from him? Season finale he can have Ken Green re-create the RV accident that killed his girlfriend?
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,347 ✭✭

Hopefully next week he can ask Davis Love about finding his brother in law dead in a hunting cabin after stealing millions from him? Season finale he can have Ken Green re-create the RV accident that killed his girlfriend?

This is exactly why I only spend my free interweb time on here and Naughty America, you just can't get this kind of witty repartee over at Hacker's or the Spy site!
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • Pooh_BearPooh_Bear Members Posts: 99 ✭✭

Don't forget the dog
  • kwcsportskwcsports Members Posts: 748 ✭✭
    Freddy is great, one of my favs. I doubt the subject of ex wives will come up in part 2.
    WITB
    Ping G10 Driver- Matrix White Tie
    Adams Tight Lies 2 3W- Kuro Kage
    Adams Tight Lies 2- 3H- Kuro Kage
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-AW- NS Pro 950GH
    Ping Eye 2 SW- XP105
    Nike VR Forged LW- XP105
    Taylormade Big Fontana
  • BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,556 ✭✭
    Loved the interview. His first wife committed suicide - no humor there. His second died from cancer. No humor there, either.

A couple fun facts. His favorite tour restaurant is In and Out burger. And his favorite tour guys to play with, Love, Norman, and Faldo.
    PING Rapture V1 Driver 9*
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18* & 23* hybrids
    Titleist 755 irons
    Vokey Wedges 46/54/58
    Odyssey #1WS
  • tmfool tmfool Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭
    feherty & Freddie must be good buds...show was so good I watched it twice

suggest golf/fish comic use sarcasm font next time
    TP MC 6-PW Steelfiber i95
    UDI 3-4-5 steelfiber i95
    Puglielli Black 52&56 s/fiber i125
    Adams XTD Superhybrid 17* s/fiber i110
    Superfast TP 13* Matrix HD7
    M2 9.5 (upright) Matrix 7M3
    SC Studio Select custom
    Snell MTB
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,434 ✭✭
    Pooh_Bear wrote:

Don't forget the dog

I forgot about the dog. Ken Green is a hard luck epic of a life story.
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Members Posts: 2,266 ✭✭
    Yep. One of the better ones for sure. Looking forward to next episode.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • bajadockbajadock Members Posts: 39
    Liked the Freddie interview. Hate the 3 minute commercial breaks on Feherty. Hey, I'm a fan of profits.
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,898 ✭✭
    bajadock wrote:

Liked the Freddie interview. Hate the 3 minute commercial breaks on Feherty. Hey, I'm a fan of profits.

D V R
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,224 ClubWRX
    bajadock wrote:

Can't get too crazy with the DVR. Right in the middle of the commercials, they have a brief snippet that often quite funny.

Yeah, the topic of wives isn't going to come up. It would be bad form and even Feherty wouldn't go down that road.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Ping Forged 52°, ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
  • flip flappyflip flappy Members Posts: 915 ✭✭
    Just saw this thread and reminded me to watch my recording of Feherty. To me it was the best episode I have seen. I found it interesting about the way he turned pro and also how he would get Lacava to keep guys away from him while he was hitting balls on the range. Can't wait till the second episode!
    Ping G400 Max 10.5
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 3 wood
    Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
    Ping B65 Cadence
  • Steele47Steele47 Members Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    Did not know about Love's brother in law until now. Crazy.
  • eacsgolferdadeacsgolferdad Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited Feb 26, 2019 9:56pm #15
    I’m a big fan of Freddie. Really enjoyed Part 1 last night.

I really liked the golf shirt he was wearing. Does anyone know what brand it was? It looked perfect to wear to the office in the summer.
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,519 ✭✭
    I recall years ago someone in the media asked him if he’s every played in Japan. Freddy says “if that’s anywhere close to Tokyo, then the answer is yes”. Killed me!

• halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,347 ✭✭

Pooh_Bear wrote:

Don't forget the dog

I forgot about the dog. Ken Green is a hard luck epic of a life story.

Wait, are we talking about Ken Green the PGA Tour Pro, or Ken Greene the country western singer? I mean his dog died for Christ's sake! Did his mobile home also get carried away by a twister?
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 611 ✭✭
    I love how he talks about saving his back by swinging only a hybrid on the range and plays all of this clubs longer to save his back. He’s literally as cool as the other side of the pillow
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*/60* 
    Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,462 ✭✭
    Part 1 was really good. I watched the 1992 Masters highlights that were on right before because I hadn’t seen them before. That was quite the tournament.

Golf Channel kept hyping the clip where Feherty asks Freddie about how the nickname “boom boom” came about and Freddie said “Why are you asking me about that in the first five seconds?” When the actual episode gets played on Monday, David asks a totally different question and Golf Channel made it seem like Freddie responded that way but the actual question on “boom boom” came much later in the interview. Liars!
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • USAF Retired E7USAF Retired E7 Finnish American Members Posts: 305 ✭✭
    One of my favorite show Feherty has done. Looking forward to part 2
    M2 Driver, 16 Degree and 19 degree
    PXG 0311 4-Pw
    Vokey 50 and 56
    Odyssey O Works #7, red
  • dropkickeddropkicked TorontoMembers Posts: 493 ✭✭
    Looking forward to part 2.. Always liked fred.
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,664 ✭✭

Week 7 is slated with DB Cooper to get the real details about the lost money.

Week 8 is booked with golfer/actress Diane Anderson to speak about her movie career with filmmaker Bob Crane.

Week 9 will be a test drive on Casey Martin's golf cart.
  • chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members Posts: 865 ✭✭
    Ah, dang, just found this. Sorry mods. Anyway, part 2 was on last night. Like I said in the other thread, Freddie's a little odd but is so real. Great interview by Feherty. I have to say that was definitely one of his most watchable ever.
    BMC wrote:

Loved the interview. His first wife committed suicide - no humor there. His second died from cancer. No humor there, either.

A couple fun facts. His favorite tour restaurant is In and Out burger. And his favorite tour guys to play with, Love, Norman, and Faldo.

Yes, loved that part because I LOVE in and out. Crazy how old Joe Lacava is. I didn't realize that until I saw he had been on Freddie's bag for like 20 years.
  • NoodleSaladNoodleSalad Members Posts: 94 ✭✭
    It was a good interview, and it was clear the personal stuff was OB. But there was an allusion to Couples' galleries being filled with hot babes. I wish Feherty had explored that issue more. I wonder how many phone numbers were shoved at Lacava back in the day.

I had to google the Davis Love thing. I wasn't sure if you were saying Davis was stealing from his bro-in-law or vice versa. For those that don't know, his bro-in-law was accused of stealing from Davis:

http://www.espn.com/golf/story?id=1562356
  • rightslicerightslice Members Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Wow. Crazy story. Love the Y2K prepping. Took my family on the trip of a lifetime during new years 99-2000. All our friends we're like your gonna die. We were in the air when the time changed. Laughing it up. All the hotels, restaurants, etc were practically giving us free stuff because no one was around. It was literally $.10 on the dollar.
    rightslice wrote:

Wow. Crazy story. Love the Y2K prepping. Took my family on the trip of a lifetime during new years 99-2000. All our friends we're like your gonna die. We were in the air when the time changed. Laughing it up. All the hotels, restaurants, etc were practically giving us free stuff because no one was around. It was literally $.10 on the dollar.

It all seems so silly now. Office Space was definitely the best thing to come out of Y2K!
  • mikkavmikkav Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    DLii and this gentlemen were married to two sisters. It doesn't make them brothers in law. Correct?
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,462 ✭✭
    Great thoughts of the specticle that is the Ryder Cup. Probably cost him the captaincy.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • woods991woods991 believelandClubWRX Posts: 2,324 ✭✭
    Freddie is the man, reminds me of the ole famous Ty Webb character.
    Signature of Solon CC
    Titleist TS3 10.5 w/Tour AD VR 6s 44.75
    TEE XCG6 15* w/ Accra FX200F M4 (Stiff) 75g
    Titleist 917 f2 Diamana Thump 18 degree
    Titleist 718 Ap2 5~PW Steelfiber i80s
    Taylormade m4 4 iron Steelfiber i80s
    Taylormade 50*, 55*, 60* Milled Grind Wedge Tour Only Nippon NS Pro WV 125S
    Evnroll er9 Superstroke ultra slim 1.0p 33”