ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

WRX Spotlight: Aerotech SteelFiber i Series shafts

WRX_SpotlightWRX_Spotlight Members Posts: 26
edited February 27 in WRX Club Techs
Product: AeroTech SteelFiber I Series shafts. (Shaft tested AeroTech SteelFiber i70cw 110X)

Pitch: A tour proven steel/graphite iron shaft that not only feels amazing but creates that high launch, low spin profile a lot of golfers are looking for.

AeroTech on the i Series: "As the world’s first perimeter-weighted golf shaft, SteelFiber adds more stability and forgiveness with every shot. The steel fiber around the perimeter creates a greater density (weight) on the shaft’s surface that moves the shaft wall’s center of gravity (CG) outward, thus increasing the shaft’s Moment of Inertia (MOI)."

AeroTech-SteelFiber-i70cw-110X-600x400.jpg

Our take on the AeroTech SteelFiber i Series shafts

Director of Original Content Johnny Wunder on the AeroTech SteelFiber i Series: I tried the AeroTech SteelFiber out of sheer curiosity. I saw Freddie had them, Sneds, Kuchar, and a bunch more ranting and raving about a lighter iron shaft that doesn’t sacrifice that solid Dynamic Gold feel. After speaking with Chris over at AeroTech, I went into the i70cw 110 X and LOVED them, especially in the longer clubs.

Now, truth be told, as a high-ball hitter, I did experience some problems from 8-PW. It was hard for me to keep the ball down into the wind. It’s not a ballooning thing either. Like the shaft was designed to do, it's a high-launch, low-spin window it goes through.

Read more.

Comments

• TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,434 ClubWRX
    I would like to try them have the 95’s now
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • DYOS4DYOS4 Advanced Members Posts: 568
    What's a i70cw 110X? I'm guessing you tried the 110 X flex. I've had the i95 and the i110 in stiff. Both were great, especially if you have any nagging wrist, elbow, shoulder aches and pains.
    Cobra F9
    Titleist 915F 16.5*
    Titleist 818H2 21*
    Cobra CB/MB 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50* SM6 56*, 60*
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5
  • revanantrevanant Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    I've hit the i95 and i80 in stiff. Both good shafts for my ~75 mph 6 iron swing speed.