ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Ping G400 Max vs. Ping G410 Plus

2»

Comments

• Arlin964Arlin964 Members Posts: 60 ✭✭
    J13 wrote:

Arlin964 wrote:

SwingMan wrote:

Couldn't care less about sound, I'd hit a metal trash can on a stick if it went 350 ��‍♂️

Using comparable lofts I'm sure the max and 410 plus are very similar but even kicked down -1, my max was way higher lofted than it's stated 9*, hence a good 4 mph ball speed gain with 410. Took a lot of self control not to order the 3w, it's impressive also

From my experience and talking with others, the 410+ is a lower spinning head than Max -- I have a Max 9 degree and get great launch. But the 410+ doesn't seem to launch as high or spin as much - I've got to loft up this year, and a knowledgeable fitter said the same about the 410+.

I concur. I did a fitting at CC on 12/31/18, at which time they fitted me to the G400Max. I absolutely needed forgiveness, so it made sense. It was 10.5* lofted down a half degree.

I didn't buy that day because I wasn't prepared to spend as much as it costed. Fast forward to having tax money back.

I went in last week to try a few more heads and we found the 410+ was best for me. Spin numbers came down (I'm super high spin). I was fit into the 9* head with it lofted up to 9.5*. Driver should arrive this week!

Did you try the G400 LST? It's lower spin so it would be much better and cheaper than the 410Plus

I did not try the 400 LST - shame on me for that. I don't yet have buyer's remorse because I like the idea of the new hosel design having quite a few more setup options. Those plus the 3 locations of placing the weight on the back gives me (in my opinion) more room to grow as I intend to eventually make some swing improvements.
    TaylorMade R1 10.5*
    Ping Anser 3w
    Callaway Rogue X - 3h, 4h, 5h
    Nickent 6DX - 6-PW
    Wilson Staff PMP 50*
    Cleveland CBX 56*
    Odyssey #7s O-Works
  • collingsom1acollingsom1a Advanced Members Posts: 801 ✭✭
    Arlin964 wrote:

J13 wrote:

Arlin964 wrote:

SwingMan wrote:

Couldn't care less about sound, I'd hit a metal trash can on a stick if it went 350 ��‍♂️

Using comparable lofts I'm sure the max and 410 plus are very similar but even kicked down -1, my max was way higher lofted than it's stated 9*, hence a good 4 mph ball speed gain with 410. Took a lot of self control not to order the 3w, it's impressive also

From my experience and talking with others, the 410+ is a lower spinning head than Max -- I have a Max 9 degree and get great launch. But the 410+ doesn't seem to launch as high or spin as much - I've got to loft up this year, and a knowledgeable fitter said the same about the 410+.

I concur. I did a fitting at CC on 12/31/18, at which time they fitted me to the G400Max. I absolutely needed forgiveness, so it made sense. It was 10.5* lofted down a half degree.

I didn't buy that day because I wasn't prepared to spend as much as it costed. Fast forward to having tax money back.

I went in last week to try a few more heads and we found the 410+ was best for me. Spin numbers came down (I'm super high spin). I was fit into the 9* head with it lofted up to 9.5*. Driver should arrive this week!

Did you try the G400 LST? It's lower spin so it would be much better and cheaper than the 410Plus

I did not try the 400 LST - shame on me for that. I don't yet have buyer's remorse because I like the idea of the new hosel design having quite a few more setup options. Those plus the 3 locations of placing the weight on the back gives me (in my opinion) more room to grow as I intend to eventually make some swing improvements.

Well, if the G410 Plus has such low spin, right about on par with the G400 LST, then it would appear the G400 Max will be replaced with a more friendly driver.

From what I am hearing, there's no reason to come out with an LST in the G410, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.
    Hey man, I'm the dude
  • tbone18tbone18 Advanced Members Posts: 485 ✭✭
    G410 LST will be coming to retail. It will be slightly smaller than the G410 Plus.
    CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 815 HYBRID 20,23 / MATRIX HM3 105
    MIURA CB-1007 5-PW / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
    TAYLORMADE HIGH TOE 50,54,58
    PXG BAT ATTACK BLACK CENTER SHAFT

TESTING IN PROGRESS
    EPIC FLASH SUB ZERO 9* / ALDILA ROGUE SILVER 110 70 X-FLEX
    PING G410 PLUS 9* / PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 75 6.5
    HONMA TW737VN 5-10 / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
  • NorbooNorboo Advanced Members Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    Is it the head, shaft or combo that is lower spinning? How much lower spinning than the G400 Max?
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge EX10 Beta 4 wood GD Tour AD F
    Hybrid: Ping G400 3 & 5
    Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
    Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50, 58
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5

Backup/Benched
    Driver: Ping G20
    Fairway Wood: TEE EX10 Beta 5 wood, Ping Rapture V2 4 wood
    Hybrid: Ping G400 4 hybrid
    Putter: Honma CB8055 since 1989 and S.C. Golo 5

Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993
  • juggernaut0629juggernaut0629 Advanced Members Posts: 943 ✭✭
    The g410+ I ordered is @ 44.5" with some hot melt neutral bias but slightly forward. It's going to be a few weeks,, but I'm anxious to see how the numbers work out. Should be a sledge hammer!
    Ping G LST 9*
    Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
    X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
    Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Advanced Members Posts: 2,213 ✭✭

The g410+ I ordered is @ 44.5" with some hot melt neutral bias but slightly forward. It's going to be a few weeks,, but I'm anxious to see how the numbers work out. Should be a sledge hammer!

how did you order it with hotmelt?
    Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 14* Speeder TS 8.2X

Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X

Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X

Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400

Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • LobberLobber Advanced Members Posts: 2,368 ✭✭
    J9293 wrote:

A properly fit G400 Max should beat out a properly fit G410 plus. The max is more forgiving (objectively) and ballspeeds should be the same if you hit both on the sweet spot since the CT and COR have been at their limits already.

I’ don’t think we can generalize like that. Rick Shields picked up about 10 yds with the 410 in his review of both. Next guy who reviews will probably find the opposite. The only reviews I trust are the ones I do
  • juggernaut0629juggernaut0629 Advanced Members Posts: 943 ✭✭

Heavier than normal swingweight, plus asked for it.
    Ping G LST 9*
    Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
    X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
    Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • TPG1971TPG1971 Don't Get Rolled Advanced Members Posts: 953 ✭✭
    wobgon wrote:

All this talk of sound, shafts, looks and spin confuses and frightens me.....not.

The only thing I worry about with any club, especially the driver, is on course performance.

My G400 Max just flat out gets it!

Long and straight when hit on the screws, long and **** near straight when missed.

It kicked my Rogue SZ, and Callaway Fusion to the curb in about 3 swings.

Any replacement would have to be significantly better on the course, regardless of spin numbers, looks, or LOL "sound".

I used to play a Cobra that really sounded like an aluminum cannon, I'd get looks, but man that thing won me a lot of skins.

Seriously, I'd rather hear the bong sound of a driver 1,000 times in a garage than ever read the term "gamer" again...

"game" "gamer" "gamed" "gaming" I played softball for a long time.....In all those years, I don't remember one person ever asking me what bat I was "gaming.".....As a matter of fact, in all the years I have spent around golf courses, I don't recall any real person ( non forum guy ) ask me what clubs I was "gaming".

Thank you for this.
    PING G30 9.5 [font=arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8 63 Stiff[/background][/font]
    Titleist 917F 16.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
    Wilson Staff C300 Hybrid 23 Fujikura Pro78 Stiff
    Irons TBD.
    RTX-3 50 bent to 51 DG Ti Onyx S400
    RTX-3 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
    RTX-3 60 bent to 59 DG Ti Onyx S400
    Cameron 009
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Advanced Members Posts: 2,213 ✭✭

Heavier than normal swingweight, plus asked for it.

sweet if Ping do that, I knew about the digital loft request.

My M3 is currently getting hutment added to it, hate when companies don't take swing weight requests; put me off buying Taylormade irons last year.
    Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 14* Speeder TS 8.2X

Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X

Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X

Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400

Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • JFM628JFM628 Advanced Members Posts: 91 ✭✭
    gvogel wrote:

Head to head, I have a feeling that the differences are minimal, or even non-existing.

Now, if you pick one off the rack and happen to get a shaft that works for your move, you might find buried treasure. You never know. A dollar and a dream.

I agree with this...I went in for a fitting and basically wanted to test the 410 Plus, Max and the F9 (coming from a Fly Z)...also hit latest TM and Titleist. The bottom line is that I thought I was picking between the Max, 410 Plus and the F9...and the 400 LST was the clear winner. Picked one up for $220 and saved $250.

As usual, the broken record: hit them all and get fitted.
  • ORTORT Advanced Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    JFM628 wrote:

I agree with this...I went in for a fitting and basically wanted to test the 410 Plus, Max and the F9 (coming from a Fly Z)...also hit latest TM and Titleist. The bottom line is that I thought I was picking between the Max, 410 Plus and the F9...and the 400 LST was the clear winner. Picked one up for $220 and saved $250.

Question for you, what made the lst stand out over the max? Was there a considerable drop in spin?
  • stormbringerstormbringer Stormbringer UtahMembers Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    I am not even looking to hit another driver this year. The G400 Max with the Tour 65 has been fantastic for me. Just made it out for the first round (9) holes of the year and she treated me so well. 4200' elevation, 52 degrees, dormant grass, 8 mph wind playing conditions. I'm 54 with a driver swing speed of 103-110.

#1 No warm up, pulled and slightly drawn 282 just off the left fairway.

#3 Calls for a slight draw. Hit a perfect baby draw 295 middle of fairway.

#5 Large fairway short par 5 slight tailwind. Tried to nuke it high w/slight draw and did 312 left center of fairway leaving a 6 iron in. Missed the 10 foot eagle.

#7 Tight hole just hit stock drive. Caught it on the screws with normal swing. Straight flight 295 middle of fairway.

#8 Calls for and pulled off slight baby fade. Into the wind so slightly flighted it down and 270 right middle of the fairway.

#9 Slight dogleg left. Setup for a fade but hit straight. 1 foot off fairway 285 yards.

I look down at this driver and have total confidence to hit any shot called for. Could I find something better..... doubtful. It is a bit loud. Feel for me is fine not as good as a few on the market but fine.

Shot 35 with one three putt. Going to be a good year I think. Have a 2 person scramble on a course I have never played Saturday and I know the G400 Max will give me the ability to "Play My Best".

Mike.
    Driver  G400 Max 9.75 Ping Tour 65 Stiff
    3 Wood  Rapture 13 Ping TFC 949 Stiff
    5 Wood  Mashie 18 Miyazaki C Kua Stiff
    Hybrid  Karsten 4 Hybrid Ping KS 401 Stiff
    Irons   IE1 4-U Red Dot KBS Tour 105 X
    Wedges Renegar RX14 54 KBS Wedge, Renegar RX12 60 KBS Wedge
    Putter Bobby Grace A** Kicker Putter 37" Super Stroke Plus XL Counter Balanced
    Ball  Taylormade TP5
    ORT wrote:

JFM628 wrote:

Question for you, what made the lst stand out over the max? Was there a considerable drop in spin?

No, actually the spin was very similar to the Max with the same shaft...F9 was also low spin and the spin numbers were not a deciding factor because they were all within a 150 or so. Biggest drives with the F9 but best dispersion by far was with the LST. Not sure why it fit me better and went back and forth with the Max a few times and it was consistent. Surprised but confident that for some reason the LST fit me better - I was longer than the Max...close to F9...but better dispersion than both.
  • DrawmanDrawman Advanced Members Posts: 93 ✭✭
    SwingMan wrote:

From my experience and talking with others, the 410+ is a lower spinning, lower launching head than Max -- I have a Max 9 degree and get great launch. But the 410+ doesn't seem to launch as high or spin as much - I've got to loft up this year, and a knowledgeable fitter said the same about the 410+. My 9 may be going to 10.5 to start the fitting,

This is my experience as well. I was fitted for a 10.5* but would've bought a 9* otherwise. I was not getting the launch or draw I was accustomed to with my M4, so I lofted up to 12* and I was able to hit a consistent high draw with it.

The G410+ is a low spinner for my slow swing speed (86 mph).
  • G-BoneG-Bone Better than most... Members Posts: 2,661 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    Seems to go against what most are finding here, but for me, G410 spun more with similar ball speed and lower launch than G400 Max.

I'm going to give G410 and F9 another go on Tackman next week. But at the moment I'm playing for a few days in Naples and the Max is treating me very well! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    PING G400 Max Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD IZ
    TaylorMade M5 Fairway 15º ~ GD Tour AD DI
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 20º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 23º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5–PW ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140)
    Titleist Pro V1 ~ #19
  • NorbooNorboo Advanced Members Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    JFM628 wrote:

ORT wrote:

JFM628 wrote:

No, actually the spin was very similar to the Max with the same shaft...F9 was also low spin and the spin numbers were not a deciding factor because they were all within a 150 or so. Biggest drives with the F9 but best dispersion by far was with the LST. Not sure why it fit me better and went back and forth with the Max a few times and it was consistent. Surprised but confident that for some reason the LST fit me better - I was longer than the Max...close to F9...but better dispersion than both.

What is your swing speed?
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge EX10 Beta 4 wood GD Tour AD F
    Hybrid: Ping G400 3 & 5
    Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
    Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50, 58
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5

Backup/Benched
    Driver: Ping G20
    Fairway Wood: TEE EX10 Beta 5 wood, Ping Rapture V2 4 wood
    Hybrid: Ping G400 4 hybrid
    Putter: Honma CB8055 since 1989 and S.C. Golo 5

Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993
    Norboo wrote:

JFM628 wrote:

ORT wrote:

JFM628 wrote:

What is your swing speed?

Swingspeed on monitor in February averaged 105...its typically 110-112...
  • slalomdudeslalomdude Advanced Members Posts: 430 ✭✭
    Just back from a Ping demo day. My fitter told me to stay in my G400 max vs 410 but that a 410 max was in the future. He commented that it won’t be released until they are sure it will outperform the 400 max.
2»