ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Played in under three hours this morning...at an LA Muni!

mankumanku Advanced Members Posts: 632
Weather has been crappy in Southern California this year, and today with a substantial cloud cover, slight mist and 60 degree temperature, my twosome teed off at Encino GC at around 8:15. There was no one in front of us the entire front nine, and we only saw another group while putting on #10...and that group was on the 16th tee.

Finished before 11:00 AM, and that was with me having to take a business call for 5 minutes on the 14th hole.

Weather was clearing up by then, and in the high 60s.

Greens were in terrific shape, and rolling true and relatively quick.

BTW, we walked.

SoCal is a weird place...a little weather, and everyone goes loco!

Comments

• falken19150falken19150 Advanced Members Posts: 1,739 ✭✭
    Didn't you know the rain was poisonous in So Cal? You will melt if you are out in it...…….

I did the first tee off time on the Nicklaus Course the other day and we went 2 hours / 33 mins. Sometimes I love bad weather!
  • SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Advanced Members Posts: 869 ✭✭
    Nice!!!
  • ohioglfrohioglfr Municipal Junkie Advanced Members Posts: 691
    We were at Torrey for the Farmers, and the weather was perfect. My brother in law says we took the weather with us when we left, it’s all our fault . . .
  • RainShadowRainShadow Advanced Members Posts: 3,525
    Wait--- You took a phone call on 14?
    Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75
    Xhot 4wood Tour Blue 75
    Apex Hybrid 20, 23 & 26 Kuro Kage
    Srixon Z765 6-GW Modus 105s / Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s
    MackDaddy4 Black 54 S and Mizuno Raw Black OX 58/11
    Bettinardi BB1/ OWorks 2 Ball Red
    Chrome Soft / TP5/ Snell MTB Black ( test run)
  • sprcoopsprcoop Advanced Members Posts: 753
    I was skiing at Snow Summit (ski area in San Bernardino mountains 2 hours from LA) on a Saturday and it was packed, long lift lines. It started snowing about an inch an hour and within 30 minutes there were 10 empty chairs between skiers. Great afternoon of skiing.

I'm sure it's the same with golf. Played in Tucson with rain threatening and about 45 degrees last week. There were about 3 groups on the course. Another great afternoon.
  • PedronNiallPedronNiall Advanced Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭
    60 degrees at 8:00 a.m. and climbing just coming out of February, sounds like a hard life. =p