Peter Kessler ok?

McGee72 ·  
McGee72McGee72  91WRX Points: 16Handicap: 1Members Posts: 91 Fairways
I always have remembered him from the Golf Channel and infomercials but recently came across him on twitter and....did he go off the deep end? He’s says some of the most off the wall, errogant, condescending things. Is he looked at as a joke now in the golf world?

Go check out some of his homemade videos he posts and see for yourself...
Posted:

Comments

• wobgonwobgon  7818WRX Points: 561Members Posts: 7,818 Titanium Tees
    There was another thread about this a couple months back.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • McGee72McGee72  91WRX Points: 16Handicap: 1Members Posts: 91 Fairways
    My bad should’ve checked.... looks to be locked up tho.

So I guess I’m not the only one to notice his behavior.
    Posted:
  • moegolfer11moegolfer11 steal your face right off your head  2185WRX Points: 120Handicap: +1Members Posts: 2,185 Bunkers
    In short, no
    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
    Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
    Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
    Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 52° 56° 60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
    Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp
  • the bishopthe bishop  3775WRX Points: 782Members Posts: 3,775 Titanium Tees
    I think the concensus in the other threads is he's either a guy searching for relevancy, off his meds, or both.
    Posted:
    W/S Cortex 10.5*
    TM 2016 M1 14*
    Maltby KE4 Tour TC 19*/22* / Maltby KE4 Tour FDI 19*
    Maltby TS1 5-P
    Maltby MG Tour Grind 52/56/60
    TM Ardmore 3
  • CrushSticksCrushSticks  671WRX Points: 136Members Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    the bishop wrote:
    I think the concensus in the other threads is he's either a guy searching for relevancy, off his meds, or both.

Maybe he’s just searching for relevant meds.
    Posted:
    Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
    Adams Tight Lies 3-16
    Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
    Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
    Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
    Vokey SM 09 56
    Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"
  • McGee72McGee72  91WRX Points: 16Handicap: 1Members Posts: 91 Fairways
    As a big Payne Stewart fan I like to hear some of his stories from being around Payne but other than that he’s to goofy to be taken serious.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • NoodleSaladNoodleSalad  189WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 189 Fairways
    This is the Perfect Thread
    Posted:
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker  4804WRX Points: 752ClubWRX Posts: 4,804 ClubWRX
    Unfortunately Kessler asked Mr. Palmer a question that Mr. Palmer didn't care much for. Afterall, Arnie was endorsing a driver that was deemed illegal by the USGA and Kessler took him to task on it. I understand that Arnie didn't endorse this for tournament use but for the leisure amateur playing a casual round. I don't generally have an issue with that but if a club is deemed illegal then I don't think it should be in play for anyone. That includes any equipment that is deemed illegal. I loved Peter Kessler on TGC back in the day. Some of the programs he hosted were among the best TGC had to offer. TGC is a far cry from what it once was. It's so bad now I don't watch it. I have not seen or heard Kessler in quite some time. He is a wealth of golf knowledge.
    Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-Maryland 2488WRX Points: 1,094Members Posts: 2,488 Platinum Tees
    Hank Haney is walking the same path. He gets crazier every day.
    Posted:
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under  2784WRX Points: 200Handicap: 4Members Posts: 2,784 Titanium Tees
    It takes a special kind of something to refer yourself as golf’s greatest renaissance man.

I mean who says that about themselves?
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy!  1238WRX Points: 189Handicap: It is ClimbingMembers Posts: 1,238 Platinum Tees
    anth wrote:
    It takes a special kind of something to refer yourself as golf’s greatest renaissance man.

I mean who says that about themselves?

No one I know comes close to saying that about themselves....in golf, or in other walks of life.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area. 25285WRX Points: 2,340Handicap: 2 ManyClubWRX Posts: 25,285 ClubWRX

It's the Voodoo Cream. Too much of the Voodoo has absorbed into his system.
    Posted:
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty  3640WRX Points: 231Members Posts: 3,640 Titanium Tees
    Liked as a golf interviewer hate his presumptionousness now.
    Posted:
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-PW Titleist AP1s
    50 degree GW Titleist SM4
    56 degree SW Vokey SM7 
    Ping Anser 6 Milled Putter
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy...  13136WRX Points: 998Handicap: 3.8Members Posts: 13,136 Titanium Tees
    I pitty him.
    Posted:
  • Showtime9Showtime9 MonsterHeel  177WRX Points: 52Handicap: 16Members Posts: 177 Fairways
    I always thought he had a great voice for golf. Unfortunately, the things that come out of his mouth these days makes me think he is auditioning for a primetime spot on Fox News or MSNBC than TGC
    Posted:
  • bandrzbandrz  972WRX Points: 125Members Posts: 972 Golden Tee

there is a lot i don't like about his show. He's frankly not a good speaker and the constant plugs (I'd do it too, FYI). But he has incredible insight to the game at the highest level, and he's right most of the time. I enjoy his direct approach and he doesn't back down.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • caniac6caniac6  3255WRX Points: 892Handicap: 4Members Posts: 3,255 Titanium Tees
    bandrz wrote:

there is a lot i don't like about his show. He's frankly not a good speaker and the constant plugs (I'd do it too, FYI). But he has incredible insight to the game at the highest level, and he's right most of the time. I enjoy his direct approach and he doesn't back down.
    He needs to get off his USGA bashing. I'm not defending the USGA, but he wouldn't have a show if he quit talking about them.
    Posted:
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-Maryland 2488WRX Points: 1,094Members Posts: 2,488 Platinum Tees
    caniac6 wrote:

bandrz wrote:

He needs to get off his USGA bashing. I'm not defending the USGA, but he wouldn't have a show if he quit talking about them.

His insights into the modern tour are pretty interesting. But, his Voodoo Cream is just re-labeled Aspercream, and his constant USGA bashing is over the top. Michael Breed is starting to go in the same direction. It's like listening to your crazy uncle.
    Posted:
  • vernonvernon Hi! I'm Holly!  1279WRX Points: 188Members Posts: 1,279 Platinum Tees

caniac6 wrote:

bandrz wrote:

His insights into the modern tour are pretty interesting. But, his Voodoo Cream is just re-labeled Aspercream, and his constant USGA bashing is over the top. Michael Breed is starting to go in the same direction. It's like listening to your crazy uncle.
    Hey, wait a minute here.

What's that supposed to mean?

I'm a crazy uncle.......
    Posted:
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG  2377WRX Points: 663Members Posts: 2,377 Platinum Tees
    His twitter is even better than Club Pro Guy. Comedy gold.
    Posted:
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Kansas 13819WRX Points: 1,356Handicap: 8-ishMembers Posts: 13,819 Titanium Tees
    Peter is a smart guy, and he doesn’t mind reminding you of it either.

I will give credit for one major thing most of the talking heads fail to fully grasp. He does his homework. He knows his subject backwards and forwards before doing an interview or giving his opinion.

I enjoy him in small doses.
    Posted:
    I pick 14 of the following:
    Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w 
    Ping G410 5 and 7 wood
    Callaway Apex 23*
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS or Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x-mostly
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

Advertisement
  • PowderedToastManPowderedToastMan  4174WRX Points: 1,310Members Posts: 4,174 Titanium Tees
    So I took a glance at Kessler’s Twitter. He does seem quite delusional. “I put the Golf Channel and Sirius XM PGA Tour on the map” and “I invented the hybrid” come to mind.

What I really couldn’t get over was his appearance. I get that people get older, but he quite literally looks like a different person. Completely unrecognizable. I had the video on mute thinking, “why is this guy on Kessler’s Twitter” then I flicked on the volume, and sure enough, that familiar voice.

By the way, I thought you were supposed to become more self-aware as you age?
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NC 3960WRX Points: 268Members Posts: 3,960 Titanium Tees

It's nice to know that, when I get that crazy, there will be a few people there that I know already
    Posted:
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NC 3960WRX Points: 268Members Posts: 3,960 Titanium Tees

So I took a glance at Kessler's Twitter. He does seem quite delusional. "I put the Golf Channel and Sirius XM PGA Tour on the map" and "I invented the hybrid come to mind.

What I really couldn't get over was his appearance. I get that people get older, but he quite literally looks like a different person. Completely unrecognizable. I had the video on mute thinking, "why is this guy on Kessler's Twitter" then I flicked on the volume, and sure enough, that familiar voice.

By the way, I thought you were supposed to become more self-aware as you age?

Is this Peter Kessler? Kinda looks like him

Posted:
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • Steele47Steele47  1719WRX Points: 859Members Posts: 1,719 Platinum Tees
    LOL saw that pic and heard Lovitz yelling, 'I give you..... THE HYBRID!!'
    Posted:
  • NoodleSaladNoodleSalad  189WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 189 Fairways
    It must eat Kessler alive that his Twitter doesn't have the coveted blue checkmark.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve  2642WRX Points: 499Handicap: 11Members Posts: 2,642 Titanium Tees
    On the bright side, my wife still carries the original Perfect Club that she bought decades ago before Kessler lost his marbles.....he talked her into it. It might the only infomercial club that actually works
    Posted:
    • Cobra S2 Max 10.5*
    • Tour Edge HL3 5w
    • Callaway Rogue 6h
    • Cobra Max 7-W
    • Cleveland CG16 52* & 56*
    • Scotty Fastback
  • FergusonFerguson  5658WRX Points: 2,932Handicap: 6.8Members Posts: 5,658 Titanium Tees
    There is a paragraph on Kessler in Tiger's "new" book from a year ago, supposedly.
    Posted:

So I took a glance at Kessler's Twitter. He does seem quite delusional. "I put the Golf Channel and Sirius XM PGA Tour on the map" and "I invented the hybrid come to mind.

I don't know about the Golf Channel and Sirius XM PGA Tour claims, but I do credit him with inventing, or at least popularizing, the hybrid. His Perfect Club made its inroads into the game via his infomercials and was derided by pros. Yet, it found so much success among amateurs, that conventional OEMs started making and perfecting them. Now, just about every pro carries one. The Perfect Club is a good example of how golf technology often bubbles up from amateurs to pros, not the other way around.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.