Leaving the pin in fundamentally changes the game!

1234568»

Comments

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@farmer said:
    My BIL belongs to a fairly large club in the Houston area. The club has always been emphatic about pace of play and has been pretty insistent on leaving the flag in. My BIL is one of a large group that plays a multi foursome money game. He says they have cut 20-25 minutes off their rounds by leaving the flag in place. The reason is that with the flag always in, a group in the fairway can shoot their distances while a group is still on the green, so as soon as the group clears, everyone is good to go. I hadn't thought of it, but it makes sense.

The Club has been "insistent" ? Flag in or out is a Rule of Golf. The Club has no "official" say in the matter.

They CAN "recommend" of course but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX Posts: 1,712 ClubWRX

@nsxguy said:

@farmer said:
    My BIL belongs to a fairly large club in the Houston area. The club has always been emphatic about pace of play and has been pretty insistent on leaving the flag in. My BIL is one of a large group that plays a multi foursome money game. He says they have cut 20-25 minutes off their rounds by leaving the flag in place. The reason is that with the flag always in, a group in the fairway can shoot their distances while a group is still on the green, so as soon as the group clears, everyone is good to go. I hadn't thought of it, but it makes sense.

The Club has been "insistent" ? Flag in or out is a Rule of Golf. The Club has no "official" say in the matter.

I think I might be inclined to give that Club a flagstick recommendation. I suspect they wouldn't like it.

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 M Grind w/KBS Tour R-Flex
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist AVX (wind) or ProV1X (tournaments) in yellow
  • rangersgoalierangersgoalie Members Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If nobody is near the hole and a I want to put Leave it in
    If someone can grab.....well grab it, or don’t....I’m putting

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ThinkingPlus said:

@nsxguy said:

@farmer said:

I think I might be inclined to give that Club a flagstick recommendation. I suspect they wouldn't like it.

LMAO

Now, now, that's no way for a lady to talk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, [grin]

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX Posts: 1,712 ClubWRX

@nsxguy said:

@ThinkingPlus said:

@nsxguy said:

@farmer said:

LMAO

Now, now, that's no way for a lady to talk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, [grin]

Oh, I would be very polite about it.

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 M Grind w/KBS Tour R-Flex
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist AVX (wind) or ProV1X (tournaments) in yellow
  • farmerfarmer Members Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps a better phrase would be "strongly encourage" rather than "insistent". Living in the Houston area, my BIL has played a lot of golf since the rule change, he says they have had no problems with implementing the new rule, and that his group has been enthusiastic about the change. When I've played with them, they are also very supportive of ready golf, which is not always the case.

• T.B.T.B. Members Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

I do,,, I’m assuming YOU are the type who leave it in

• Bingo1976Bingo1976 Members Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@farmer said:

You can just laser off the first foursome to tap in or pick their ball up. Even allowing for a player being 3 foot past the hole, and morbidly obese, you are maximum out by 2 yards. If the foursomes are that good then they should be on tour. Plus you can still laser off carrys over bunkers/water whilst you are waiting. If you are only waiting for the group ahead to put the pin back in then they are doing it all wrong.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Matrix Ozik R[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]HiRev[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/font]
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Members Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously, doesn't matter in or out unless the flagstick is at an angle due to an idiot not putting it in straight or the wind blowing pretty strongly.

TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2019 10:16am #221

In my league, no one is pulling the flag anymore...not even one inch tap ins. It didn't take long for everyone to get accustomed to leaving it in.

FWIW, the new OB rules seems to be working, too. Although, I don't think everyone takes full advantage of the new drop procedure.

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,517 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ThinkingPlus said:

@nsxguy said:

@farmer said:

Here here ! I like the way you think !

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file