Cushman Custom Putters | MY PUTTER HAS ARRIVED!!! Review

Alright boys...... here it is, my putter has arrived and its on fire!!!!!!! Had to do a new post because I didn't know how to attach photos without starting a new thread. Admins please guide me if I'm doing something incorrectly by doing a new post.

Review:

The pictures David, from Cushman Golf, sent me definitely did not do it any justice. It was a piece of art that was in my hands, I feel bad putting with this but it's definitely going to be my new gamer no questions asked!

The deep milled face carbon steel made the putts off the face feel so soft. The shape of the putter had nice smooth lines and curves, definitely easy on the eyes. Finish has an antique oil can look with tints of blue/purple sprinkled in when moved at the right angle in the sun, with the sole being that nice **** blue color.

Again, his pricing is great, especially compared to other artisan custom putter makers like Bryon Morgan. And I didn't have to deal with the extra a la carte menu some other folks have ($$$ for a cherry dot, $$$ for more stamping, $$$ deep milling, you get the story...). So I would definitely reach out to him before he gets big and jacks up the $$$ because he really should for the work he puts out.

Like I said before, I own a Byron Morgan and went though the whole order form. What I liked about David and Cushman Golf, he constantly kept me in the loop, status updates, pictures on how it looks, and questions if I wanted to add anything else. For my specific putter, I told him 3 specific things that was a must have for me: 1) what material I wanted (i.e. stainless steel, carbon steel, copper, etc) 2) a plumbers neck and 3) what head shape that fit my eye (the Laguna style head). I've been following him on instagram before my purchase so I knew what kind of work he put out, so I said, "FROM HERE JUST GO WITH IT". I wanted him to put his creativity into the putter, absolutely whatever he wanted. Some of the details he put into it I would never have thought of were 1) the scalloped neck, 2) the subtle horizontal lines on the bumpers, 3) the look/design of the putter face (subtle milling with deep mills) and 4) the finish.

Once it was almost done, he asked me how I wanted the milling, I just told him I wanted the deep milling because I like that soft feel so he put a little design spin on it. Then asked what colors I wanted, sightlines/dots, stamping, the size/distance of the face milling, etc. Very professional and thorough process!

I can't say enough about this guy. 100% USA HANDMADE product. I must say I was extremely lucky enough to first meet him at a golf tournament I attented. By going through the whole process with him and him updating me as we go, it truly gives me a greater appreciation for custom handmade product. He loves what he does and you can see his passion though his work.

Here are a few pictures attached of my putter. Seriously though, pictures really don't do it justice. I would say though, his website does seem a little bear and it lacks what products he's offering but if you are looking for a custom putter don't sleep on this guy. Definitely contact him via instagram or email because he offers a lot more than what's on his website. Really nice guy and you'll just be brainstorming with him for like 5-10mins. You can go as wild as his latest post for a client, I believe it was a bull eye x Newport style collaboration copper putter. It's just stupid ****.

Sorry for the long post. Please give me feedback on my new gamer! Cheers

Comments

• entourage2entourage2 Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1741712-cushman-custom-putters/

Other pictures I got from the start of the project are in this thread.

Admins, feel free to combine the threads. I just didn't know how to attached photos when I was adding a post to my original thread. Couldn't find the attach photo function.
  • kmay__kmay__ Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Love it. Awesome to see all these guys coming up and bringing awesome products to the golf world. Love the laguna shape, and i love your putter man!
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Baffler 3w 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
    kmay__ wrote:

Love it. Awesome to see all these guys coming up and bringing awesome products to the golf world. Love the laguna shape, and i love your putter man!

Thank dude, I appreciate it. I'm no expert on photo taking, wish you guys were able to see the different colors that appears in the sun and at different angles. It's amazing.
  • Twin2LTwin2L Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
    That is a great putter!

I really like his work. Love the Bulls Dale.
    It matters not what others call you. Only what you answer to defines who you are.
  • tcutshaw1723tcutshaw1723 ClubWRX Posts: 80 ClubWRX
    that thing is a beauty! David does such fantastic work. I need to order another one before everyone finds out how good he is and he raises his prices
    LH Taylormade M5 Aldila ATX Tour Green Proto 60 tx
    LH Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 3+  Kuro Kage XD x stiff tipped 1/2 in
    LH PXG 0317x 19 3h project x 6.5
    LH Miura CB no paintfill 4-PW project x catalyst 6.5
    LH 50, vokey sm5 black hand hammered, stamped and parts refinished to raw
    LH Haywood Satin 56 (bent to 54) hand hammered, stamped and paintfilled
    LH Callaway MD3 58 black hand hammered, removed some finish to raw, stamped and paintfilled
    LH Cushman Custom (handmade) on the bench: Bradley Putters custom Luna
    Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Maple Leaf
    Cru desinged custom headcovers
    Custom Ping Hoofer 14

that thing is a beauty! David does such fantastic work. I need to order another one before everyone finds out how good he is and he raises his prices

100% agreed. Great pricing IMO
  • joseyjosey Members Posts: 123 ✭✭
    Cool rough look
  • mcasella08mcasella08 Members Posts: 81 ✭✭

Looks great, really unique.

@mcasella08 said:
    Looks great, really unique.

Yeah that what I love about it, it's different. I definitely couldn't have designed it this way, I'm glad to let David Cushman to just do what he wants with it. I just needed the certain head shape that fit my eye.

• LeftymooseLeftymoose Members Posts: 1,243 ✭✭

I just received my Cushman CS putter and am very impressed. It looks as good and feels as good, if not better, than many of my putters in my collection. He has got some serious talent. He's making a name for himself for sure.

• Mclancy94Mclancy94 Members Posts: 164 ✭✭

Mine should be shipping this week and I cannot wait pictures look amazing, will be posting my review once it comes in!

Titleist TS2 10.5 EvenFlow T1100 75g 6.5
    Titleist 915F2 15*
    Titleist TMB 18* Recoil 110X
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW DG X100
    Titleist SM4 TVD 51* M
    Titleist SM7 55* F
    Titleist SM4 TVD 59* M
    Cushman Custom Golf Laguna 34"
    Srixon Z Star
    Mackenzie Walker

@Mclancy94 said:
    Mine should be shipping this week and I cannot wait pictures look amazing, will be posting my review once it comes in!

Love to see how yours came out. I took mine out to the course for the first time last week, never looked back. Been getting a lot of compliments on it.

Putter just got here today, can't say enough great things about, its perfect! Customer service was outstanding received updates every couple of days and answered any questions extremely fast. Overall couldn't be happier with it and will be in the bag immediately

Titleist 915F2 15*
    Titleist SM4 TVD 51* M
    Titleist SM7 55* F
    Titleist SM4 TVD 59* M
    Srixon Z Star
    Mackenzie Walker

A few more pictures that don't even do it justice, also next to my Newport 2.5 for size

Titleist 915F2 15*
    Titleist SM4 TVD 51* M
    Titleist SM7 55* F
    Titleist SM4 TVD 59* M
    Srixon Z Star
    Mackenzie Walker

@Mclancy94 said:

A few more pictures that don't even do it justice, also next to my Newport 2.5 for size

Niceeeee looking putter. I've actually been seeing this on his instagram page.
    Love that finish he put on it and the subtle horizontal lines on the bumpers, it's very similar to mine. Good luck, hope you enjoy your clubs as much as I love mine!