ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Bushnell Excel GPS Watch or Phantom?

mankumanku Advanced Members Posts: 632
I had a Garmin S2 which I was very happy with, though it lacked some features. Battery died, and Garmin wanted $90 for replacement. Rather than getting old technology, I sprung for the S20.

I really dislike the square/rectangular face...just bugs me. Can't explain why. So I'm returning it. Garmin S60 is too pricey.

Toss up now between Bushnell Excel an Phantom. I realize the Phantom isn't a watch, but does anyone use it and where do they put it. Bear in mind I walk, don't wear a belt and don't wear a cap either. But the large numbers appeal to my rapidly depleting eyesight!

I'm only interested in a convenient GPS device...rangefinder doesn't interest me as my bogey game doesn't require such exact measurements. Plus I usually play with guys who have one, and they seem to really enjoy telling me my distance even though they know I have a watch.

Thanks everyone.

PS. Excel dropped to $149 from $249...one reason I didn't buy it in the first place.

Comments

• bigmoneypbigmoneyp Advanced Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭
    I like the phantom due to the "bite" feature which works well putting it on a cart. Since you are walking I don't think that would be much use for you. I just wanted to say that you should look at the Golf Buddy Voice as it can be clipped on any number of places and is very convenient.
    Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep 14.5*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 22*
    Maltby DBM 4-PW w. PX LZ 6.0
    Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58*
    Taylormade TP Mullen
    Callaway Supersoft
  • mankumanku Advanced Members Posts: 632
    bigmoneyp wrote:

I like the phantom due to the "bite" feature which works well putting it on a cart. Since you are walking I don't think that would be much use for you. I just wanted to say that you should look at the Golf Buddy Voice as it can be clipped on any number of places and is very convenient.

Thanks...a friend has one...don't know where I'd clip is as I don't wear a hat or belt!

Ended up buying an Excel for $130...if it ever stops raining here in LA, I'll post my feedback...though I think Bushnell is coming out with a new model (which is why it has been discounted from 250 to 150).