The Anticipation

Evan B. ·  
Evan B.Evan B. Members  116WRX Points: 55Posts: 116 Fairways
How do all of you handle the anticipation of a new set of clubs? I had a fitting earlier in the week for a new set of irons and ordered them on the spot. Now I'm just waiting for them to show up and its killing me! I know its only been 3 days but I want to be able to hit them so badly! To be fair I'm no club ho, so a new set is kind of a big deal. My current set, I've had for almost 5 years and its definitely time for a new set.
Posted:
Titleist 917 D2 Aldila Rogue S
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour Aldila RIP
Titleist 816 H1 Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour Modus 120 X
Mizuno S5 50*
Titleist SM4 55* and 60*
Bettinardi Signature Model 5

Comments

• MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members  5934WRX Points: 1,399Handicap: 3Posts: 5,934 Titanium Tees
    Evan B. wrote:

How do all of you handle the anticipation of a new set of clubs? I had a fitting earlier in the week for a new set of irons and ordered them on the spot. Now I'm just waiting for them to show up and its killing me! I know its only been 3 days but I want to be able to hit them so badly! To be fair I'm no club ho, so a new set is kind of a big deal. My current set, I've had for almost 5 years and its definitely time for a new set.

Whenever I have something arrive into either of the Pro Shop's that I use, I am up there as soon as I possibly can be to get them. In fact I remember when my 913D3 arrived a few years ago, my friend had taken it home with him so I could collect it at night time. He stayed about 20-25 minutes away and that night there was a snow storm. The road to his house had a massive turn off to get the village, the Police were there and were indicating to people that it was all but unpassable, after 3 failed attempts, I finally got up the hill and got the driver. Was worth it!!

What did you go for for your new clubs?
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • halliedoghalliedog Members  2544WRX Points: 332Handicap: 5.2Posts: 2,544 Titanium Tees
    Evan B. wrote:

Go online and start looking for "Plan B" in case what you're waiting on doesn't work out.
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • kiw1982kiw1982 Williamsburg, VAMembers  1238WRX Points: 161Handicap: 7Posts: 1,238 Platinum Tees
    I am exactly same with you.

My fitter told me that it will take about 2 week and it has been only two days.

Have no idea how to wait it.

Posted:
    Cobra                    F9 9.0 Driver w/HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.0
    Titleist                   TS2 16.5 Wood w/HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.0
    Ping                       G410 19 Hybrid w/Tensei Blue 80 stiff
    Titleist                   818 H2 23 Hybrid w/Tensei Blue 80 stiff
    Mizuno                  MP-32 5-P Iron set w/DG S300
    Ping                       Glide 2.0 52/56/60 Wedges w/AWT 2.0
    Nike                       EverClear E11 Putter 
  • the bishopthe bishop Members  3865WRX Points: 872Posts: 3,865 Titanium Tees
    halliedog wrote:

Evan B. wrote:

Go online and start looking for "Plan B" in case what you're waiting on doesn't work out.

Posted:
    W/S D7 10.5*
    W/S C300 15*
    W/S C300 20*/23*
    Maltby TS1 5-P
    Maltby MG Tour Grind 52/56/60
    TM Ardmore 3
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13510WRX Points: 2,375Handicap: 1.6Posts: 13,510 Titanium Tees
    Tune up the rest of the set so they know they're not neglected when the shiny cousins arrive

Buy a new bag

Basement chipping
    Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Blueboard OG 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* VTS Red 100Hx
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* GD Tour AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919 Tour 6 - PW UST 95 Recoil
    Ping Glide SS 50* & 54* wrx 110 Recoil
    Ping Glide ES 59* wrx UST 110 Recoil
    Callaway PM grind 64* UST 110 Recoil 
    Piretti Matera Elite 

• greenwavegolfergreenwavegolfer Members  185WRX Points: 68Handicap: 2.7Posts: 185 Fairways
    Re-watch every YouTube review of the clubs you bought to reassure yourself that they really are "revolutionary" and will surely be the change you need to get to the next level. That, then refresh the FedEx tracker on the hour every hour once it ships.
    Posted:
    WITB:

Ping G400 LST 10º (Playing 9º) Accra TZ5 65 M4
    Titleist T-MB 2i (17º) Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X
    Srixon Z-785 3i/4i Nippon Modus Tour 120X
    Srixon Z-Forged 5i-PW Nippon Modus Tour 120X
    Titleist SM5 50º SM6 54º, 58º Dynamic Gold S200
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne

Advertisement
  • Evan B.Evan B. Members  116WRX Points: 55Posts: 116 Fairways
    MattyO1984 wrote:

Whenever I have something arrive into either of the Pro Shop's that I use, I am up there as soon as I possibly can be to get them. In fact I remember when my 913D3 arrived a few years ago, my friend had taken it home with him so I could collect it at night time. He stayed about 20-25 minutes away and that night there was a snow storm. The road to his house had a massive turn off to get the village, the Police were there and were indicating to people that it was all but unpassable, after 3 failed attempts, I finally got up the hill and got the driver. Was worth it!!

I'm really hoping that doesn't end up being my luck when they come in. Thankfully the proshop is between where I live and where I work.

Mizzy JPX 919 Tours 6-PW

Mizzy JPX 919 Forged 4 and 5

Nippon Modus 3 120 X

1* upright Std Length & Lie

halliedog wrote:

That or fall back on the current set. They actually aren't particularly shorter than my new set, just wilder dispersion. Which funnily enough doesn't make sense considering what I'm moving to but the difference in shafts made a huge difference.

cardoustie wrote:

Tune up the rest of the set so they know they're not neglected when the shiny cousins arrive

Buy a new bag

Basement chipping

****, I got the new bag for Christmas. I did it in the wrong order! Also, the old clubs might already have a home with an aspiring golfer in the near future. Unless of course these new ones end up being a complete bust.

Re-watch every YouTube review of the clubs you bought to reassure yourself that they really are "revolutionary" and will surely be the change you need to get to the next level. That, then refresh the FedEx tracker on the hour every hour once it ships.

Already working on that, hahaha.
    Posted:
    Mizuno S5 50*
    Titleist SM4 55* and 60*
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members  6524WRX Points: 615Handicap: XX.7Posts: 6,524 Titanium Tees
    Think this sums it up.

Posted:
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • hardtenhardten Members  3626WRX Points: 146Posts: 3,626 Titanium Tees
    Evan B. wrote:

Enjoy the anticipation because once you get your clubs reality sets in!
    Posted:
  • DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed MichiganClubWRX  3746WRX Points: 471Posts: 3,746 ClubWRX
    I usually take out my old set and go to the range to practice and start hitting them better than I ever did before so that I can second guess why I bought new clubs to begin with....

Good luck with new sticks!!!!!!!!!
    Posted:
  • Lefty96Lefty96 Members  243WRX Points: 173Posts: 243 Fairways
    I understand this dilemma all too well. I bought a new rogue subzero back in November and haven't been able to hit it yet. Thankfully this Thursday I get to hit it on a launch monitor. Not perfect, but better then nothing!
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Subzero 9*/Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
    XR 16 15* 3w/fukijura 565 Stiff
    Adams Red 18*/Matrix altus Stiff
    4-PW 718 AP3/AMT tour white Stiff
    50* cleveland RTX 2.0 (10* bounce)
    56* cleveland RTX 2.0 (12* bounce)
    60* cleveland RTX 2.0 (6* bounce)
    Odyssey O-Works #9 with Garsen Ultimate grip

Advertisement
  • eldog-in-the-hizouseeldog-in-the-hizouse Members  968WRX Points: 98Handicap: +2.3Posts: 968 Golden Tee
    Buy and sell a set or two a week. You won't be feeling that anticipation anymore.
    Posted:
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX  15097WRX Points: 1,151Posts: 15,097 ClubWRX
    MattyO1984 wrote:

Evan B. wrote:

Now that’s dedication and perseverance, fight like crazy to get the new club, even when you can’t hit it. I can appreciate that!
    Posted:

• CTCCTC Members  66WRX Points: 15Posts: 66 Bunkers
    Go to an actual store and stare at the same clubs that yo ordered
    Posted:
  • pinestreetgolfpinestreetgolf Members  3544WRX Points: 345Handicap: 4Posts: 3,544 Titanium Tees
    Evan B. wrote:

Usually I go play to get the game in shape for the new irons. Invariably i shoot my handicap with the old irons and they feel great. Then when my new irons show up I get mad and order a third set because those two are tied.
    Posted:
    Wilson Triton 10.5 Rogue 125 msi 60 X-Flex
    Ping G30 2, 3, 4, 5*, 6 Hybrids TFC 419 Stiff Flex
    M2 7-AW ReAx 75 Graphite
    PM Grind 56* KBS Rev 2.0
    Cameron Mallet
  • VNutzVNutz Members  6651WRX Points: 608Posts: 6,651 Titanium Tees
    Search eBay for backups and alternatives...
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • 9ironiscash9ironiscash Members  745WRX Points: 100Posts: 745 Golden Tee
    Ordered and got my custom fit putter, and bought a backup as well lol. Finding putters are more frustrating not being able to use (snow). At least with irons and woods can get those swings in on a sim.
    Posted:
  • mcasella08mcasella08 Members  88WRX Points: 19Handicap: 10Posts: 88 Fairways
    Try not to think about it too much! Nothing worse than waiting for a new club that doesn't live up to expectations. Prob why I have so many putters sitting around.
    Posted:
  • Evan B.Evan B. Members  116WRX Points: 55Posts: 116 Fairways
    hardten wrote:

Evan B. wrote:

Enjoy the anticipation because once you get your clubs reality sets in!

Yeah, they aren't gonna be the end all fix to my game but I've been lucky enough to have some guidance this year that really pointed out where my weaknesses were. This fitting came about because I've been practicing at a facility that uses launch monitors for the last year and have been able to see how my swing speed and club delivery has changed over the years. With a 5-6 mph gain and a different takeaway and tempo, I wanted to do the fitting more to see if my shafts were still the right fit. During the fitting we went through 9-10 different shafts including the ones I already have and it was clear that there were far better shafts for me. The getting new clubs was because my current irons are just showing their age with lots of bag chatter and some damage from hitting rocks and the like. I figured purchasing a whole new set is a nice reset that will hopefully last for a few years.

Buy and sell a set or two a week. You won't be feeling that anticipation anymore.

I'm scared to become that guy. I don't have that big of a bank account yet, haha.

Evan B. wrote:

Usually I go play to get the game in shape for the new irons. Invariably i shoot my handicap with the old irons and they feel great. Then when my new irons show up I get mad and order a third set because those two are tied.

Perk to buying clubs in the winter here. Weather is so bad that I can't actually play, hahaha. My first round out will probably be with a mostly new bag!
    Posted:
    Mizuno S5 50*
    Titleist SM4 55* and 60*

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.