Recruit Questionnaires for College Golf

I'm currently a prospective athlete and I've been in contact with a few coaches and I was just wondering about one of their questionnaires. It asks for "average 18 hole score", and "average 9 hole score", as well as "best 9 and 18 hole scores". I'm assuming this is asking for tournament scores only, but I was also wondering is the 9 hole score supposed to be for 9 hole tournaments or something, or is it just supposed to be the 18 hole scoring average divided by 2?

Comments

• leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 963 ✭✭
    EzBreezy wrote:

I'm currently a prospective athlete and I've been in contact with a few coaches and I was just wondering about one of their questionnaires. It asks for "average 18 hole score", and "average 9 hole score", as well as "best 9 and 18 hole scores". I'm assuming this is asking for tournament scores only, but I was also wondering is the 9 hole score supposed to be for 9 hole tournaments or something, or is it just supposed to be the 18 hole scoring average divided by 2?

Some HS events are held after school and only played over 9 holes. You'd want to enter your best score from those events or any other 9 hole events you have played. As a HS golfer you really shouldn't be playing any 9 hole events. Good luck on the recruiting process!

FYI - I'll send you a DM with a link to a good webinar being hosted this weekend for your situation.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• EzBreezyEzBreezy Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    That makes sense. Thanks so much for the help and the link!
  • tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,011 ✭✭
    EzBreezy wrote:

Do you have a JGS or golfweek ranking? I would point them to that and use the scores posted there. I would think they only want tournament scores but then maybe they like hearing about other rounds.
  • chrissdcchrissdc Members Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Are you talking about questionnaires that a coach sent/emailed to you to complete? I believe completing the questionnaires on a school’s athletic website is a waste of time, unless the coach has asked you to do it. Even if they ask, it could be just a way to blow you off.

You should make a resume and send it to coaches. It is okay to call after sending the resume. Be fairly direct with the coaches, you generally are not going to offend them.
  • chrissdcchrissdc Members Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Sorry for not answering the question. Put in your best 18 hole tournament score, and your own personal best 18 hole score.

Ditto for your best 9 hole event score (probably HS) and personal 9 hole score.