ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Recruit Questionnaires for College Golf

EzBreezyEzBreezy Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
I'm currently a prospective athlete and I've been in contact with a few coaches and I was just wondering about one of their questionnaires. It asks for "average 18 hole score", and "average 9 hole score", as well as "best 9 and 18 hole scores". I'm assuming this is asking for tournament scores only, but I was also wondering is the 9 hole score supposed to be for 9 hole tournaments or something, or is it just supposed to be the 18 hole scoring average divided by 2?

Comments

• leezer99leezer99 Advanced Members Posts: 892 ✭✭
    EzBreezy wrote:

I'm currently a prospective athlete and I've been in contact with a few coaches and I was just wondering about one of their questionnaires. It asks for "average 18 hole score", and "average 9 hole score", as well as "best 9 and 18 hole scores". I'm assuming this is asking for tournament scores only, but I was also wondering is the 9 hole score supposed to be for 9 hole tournaments or something, or is it just supposed to be the 18 hole scoring average divided by 2?

Some HS events are held after school and only played over 9 holes. You'd want to enter your best score from those events or any other 9 hole events you have played. As a HS golfer you really shouldn't be playing any 9 hole events. Good luck on the recruiting process!

FYI - I'll send you a DM with a link to a good webinar being hosted this weekend for your situation.
  • EzBreezyEzBreezy Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    That makes sense. Thanks so much for the help and the link!
  • tiger1873tiger1873 Advanced Members Posts: 930 ✭✭
    EzBreezy wrote:

Do you have a JGS or golfweek ranking? I would point them to that and use the scores posted there. I would think they only want tournament scores but then maybe they like hearing about other rounds.
  • chrissdcchrissdc Members Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Are you talking about questionnaires that a coach sent/emailed to you to complete? I believe completing the questionnaires on a school’s athletic website is a waste of time, unless the coach has asked you to do it. Even if they ask, it could be just a way to blow you off.

You should make a resume and send it to coaches. It is okay to call after sending the resume. Be fairly direct with the coaches, you generally are not going to offend them.
  • chrissdcchrissdc Members Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Sorry for not answering the question. Put in your best 18 hole tournament score, and your own personal best 18 hole score.

Ditto for your best 9 hole event score (probably HS) and personal 9 hole score.