Tiger WD’s from Bay Hill

Comments

• jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully he didn’t tweak his neck “training” in the gym like he said he was planning on doing after the WGC Mexico. You’d think after all his injuries seemingly being related to his workout habits, that he would tone it down a bit.

- Josh
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 5, 2019 9:02am #123
    bscinstnct wrote:

There is no bigger Tiger fan than me. That being said, why does anyone believe a word of what Tiger says about his injuries anymore? In the midst of being unable to walk stairs and popping opiates like candy in 2016, he repeatedly told the world his back was fine. Then he got his fine back fused.

Remember when he tore his ACL and said it was because he skateboarded as a kid and also because Butch made him straighten his leg at impact? Turns out it was because people trained to kill people kicked him in the knee in a NAVY Seals training exercise.

The examples go on and on.

Owes us nothing.

Guy has given more to his game, measured in great moments, than almost anyone.

Who you got that has given you more while we sit in front of the TV?

So, he wants some privacy? Maybe he lies about his injuries.

So what?

The other side of that is Jason Day. Says he is feeling dizzy, gets killed. Says his back hurts, gets killed. Says he has a hang nail. gets killed. So Tiger if really hurt, might as well lie about it till he knows just how long it will take then let people know. He will get killed either way.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    QuigleyDU wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

There is no bigger Tiger fan than me. That being said, why does anyone believe a word of what Tiger says about his injuries anymore? In the midst of being unable to walk stairs and popping opiates like candy in 2016, he repeatedly told the world his back was fine. Then he got his fine back fused.

Remember when he tore his ACL and said it was because he skateboarded as a kid and also because Butch made him straighten his leg at impact? Turns out it was because people trained to kill people kicked him in the knee in a NAVY Seals training exercise.

Owes us nothing.

So what?

The other side of that is Jason Day. Says he is feeling dizzy, gets killed. Says his back hurts, gets killed. Says he has a hang nail. gets killed. So Tiger if really hurt, might as well lie about it till he knows just how long it will take then let people know. He will get killed either way.

Hey let's not leave out Rory's massive toothache!
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution  V2 High Launch - S
    W/S C300 15* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S C300 20*/23* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S Fi5 5-P  DGS300
    W/S PMP 52/56/60  KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Pro Platinum
  • Need4spdNeed4spd Members Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 5, 2019 9:23am #125
    It could be a simple neck injury or it could be something more. The fact of the matter is that all of the conjecture and conspiracy theories are of Tiger’s own making. He’s been lying to the public for two decades and it isn’t like he’s some kind of stranger to drama.
    In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX
    TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110 M.S.I. 70X
    TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95X
    Miura CB 1008 4-PW Project X 6.0 Flighted
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.10S, 58.12D KBS Tour FLT 120 S
    Toulon Design Columbus
    TaylorMade TP5X 
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Members Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People believe what they want to believe. If it's 'your guy' you're willing to rationalize or excuse deceit and give him the benefit of the doubt. If not, no amount of contrition or turning ones self around is good enough. I like to think Tiger is a different guy than he was a few years back. Seems like he's more at peace with himself. You're an easy target if you live your life in public.

I'm going with Occam's razor: simple stiff neck unless proven otherwise.
  • MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife Members Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just as much a Tiger fan as the next person but if Tiger isn't in contention for the lead, I'd just prefer he not play in the tournament. Coverage tends to get hyper focused on him even if he is making a putt for double bogey. The coverage of golf already has enough problems but I'd prefer to watch other players playing good golf. I would prefer him not injured though.
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Now it is time for the haters to shine!
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiger tracker back to his basement.
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

Owes us nothing.

So what?

For me, that would be Tom Watson.
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, if you like Tiger I don't understand how you can NOT be worried about this.
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer ClubWRX Posts: 3,384 ClubWRX
    Ahh Man!!!!! Forget it, Im not gonna watch anymore.
    Cobra F8 9* Aldila Rogue 60 3.0 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 14.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.3 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 17.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.6 X Stiff
    Cobra Utility 20.5 DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Cobra MB/CB 4-PW DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Cobra Pur 52/58 S200 
    Odyssey Grim Reaper 
    Vice Pro+/Snell Mtbx
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, if you like Tiger I don't understand how you can NOT be worried about this.

He's older. These sort of things can be expected.
  • ryuartzryuartz Members Posts: 484 ✭✭
    I thought his schedule was bit too tight early in the season.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Driver
    Nike Covert 2.0 Performance 3/5
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2 Iron
    Nike Vapor Pro 4-P
    Taylormade ATV Grind 56°/60°
    Nike Origin B1-01 putter
    Nike Hyperadapt bag
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,141 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of a neck strain (strain would seem to imply muscle vs spine) that last for 3 weeks. That sounds pretty bad. Usually seems they last a day or 2.

Whiplash?
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the bad news for Bay Hill will mean good news for a tournament later this year that Tiger adds to get to 15 events.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
    Ferguson wrote:

He's older. These sort of things can be expected.

Yes agreed, but unless he was headbanging at an ACDC concert I can't help but think it has something to do with stress being relocated from the spinal fusion.. Remember, he had the same thing -(KT tape) at the open last year. Barely talked about it.

I understand and hope I'm (we're) over reacting, however it's not like we have no reason to assume the worst.
  • moegolfer11moegolfer11 steal your face right off your head Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭
    I guess the thing that I wonder about is if he had nagging neck pain for weeks why did he schedule the WGC Mexico event? Maybe it happened after that, idk JAT
    Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
    Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
    Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
    Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 52° 56° 60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
    Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

Never heard of a neck strain (strain would seem to imply muscle vs spine) that last for 3 weeks. That sounds pretty bad. Usually seems they last a day or 2.

Whiplash?

yea I know, I mean I've had stiff necks sometimes etc. but never nothing that would make me withdraw from a tournament. Kinda crazy that he hurts himself this bad, doesn't really add up to me on the neck thing
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    it's the curse of El Tucan. I blame Mat El CHeapo Kuch
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • youngwaldoyoungwaldo NJMembers Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just go with that he got up on the wrong side of the bed.

Wk
    M5 Tour 9.0 TENSEI TOUR ORANGE 60TX 45"   
    M5 3W TENSEI BLUE 70X
    Titleist TMB 3 Iron
    TM P730 4-PW NS Pro Tour 105X
    VOKEY SM6 Black 5208M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
    VOKEY SM6 Black 5608M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
    VOKEY SM6 Black 6008M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
    Scotty Cameron 
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Redjeep83 wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

Whiplash?

yea I know, I mean I've had stiff necks sometimes etc. but never nothing that would make me withdraw from a tournament. Kinda crazy that he hurts himself this bad, doesn't really add up to me on the neck thing

The more likely cause would be a bulging disc in his cervical spine putting pressure on a nerve or even his spinal cord.

Tiger has had neck issues multiple times in the past. The recurrence and length of time leads me to believe its more than just a simple muscular strain. Its probably not something as severe as needing like cervical spine fusion, but, it likely just needs time to calm down.

My wife has had a long history of cervical spine issues and finally opted for fusion (ironically the day before Tiger's fusion). Early on, we didn't understand why she got so many stiff necks and why those stiff necks would last 2-3 days. Well it was because they weren't simple stiff necks caused by an angry muscle... they are caused by degenerative discs. She finally opted for surgery when she was on week 4 of a 'stiff neck' which continued to get worse each.. the final day, her hand and forearm were completely numb.

IDK what Tiger's neck issue, only his inner circle knows what's going on. But it sounds more severe than a simple muscular strain which most of us have endured at one point of another from that crappy pillow at a hotel.

Hopefully it's just something which needs rest, a pain injection, and some physical therapy so he can back on his way.
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    gatorMD wrote:

Gator, give us some sage medical insight. WE'RE DESPERATE.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    edited Mar 5, 2019 4:13pm #145
    https://www.golfchan...ter-play-mexico

Rors said he was getting treatment before and after in MX
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • cxxcxx Members Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    youngwaldo wrote:

Wk

Just what I was thinking. He probably slept on it funny. Could just go away by itself.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,785 ClubWRX
    youngwaldo wrote:

Wk

Any idea of whose bed it was???
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

gatorMD wrote:

he pulled his neck slapping the crap out of Bryson for being such a whinny b****.

DavePelz4 wrote:

youngwaldo wrote:

Wk

Paige S.?
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Redjeep83 wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

Whiplash?

The more likely cause would be a bulging disc in his cervical spine putting pressure on a nerve or even his spinal cord.

Tiger has had neck issues multiple times in the past. The recurrence and length of time leads me to believe its more than just a simple muscular strain. Its probably not something as severe as needing like cervical spine fusion, but, it likely just needs time to calm down.

My wife has had a long history of cervical spine issues and finally opted for fusion (ironically the day before Tiger's fusion). Early on, we didn't understand why she got so many stiff necks and why those stiff necks would last 2-3 days. Well it was because they weren't simple stiff necks caused by an angry muscle... they are caused by degenerative discs. She finally opted for surgery when she was on week 4 of a 'stiff neck' which continued to get worse each.. the final day, her hand and forearm were completely numb.

IDK what Tiger's neck issue, only his inner circle knows what's going on. But it sounds more severe than a simple muscular strain which most of us have endured at one point of another from that crappy pillow at a hotel.

Hopefully it's just something which needs rest, a pain injection, and some physical therapy so he can back on his way.

^^^^ This is exactly what I was thinking... I had a stiff neck that lasted weeks. It got worse, numbness in finger tips, weakness in one hand, and then pain, lots of pain. Ended up having surgery for a bulging disk after trying 6 weeks of a conservative approach. I hope this isn't what he's facing and it's good he's going to take it easy.
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    gatorMD wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

gatorMD wrote:

he pulled his neck slapping the crap out of Bryson for being such a whinny b****.

DavePelz4 wrote:

youngwaldo wrote:

Wk

Paige S.?

No way man, Bryson and Tiger are BFFs now (source: Bryson's Dad)
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyler Ferrell on the radio, who knows a lot about athletes’ bodies, said it could be result of fused back. Hope not...
    Ping GMax 400 10.5 TPT 17 LKP
    Callawy Epic 5W 
    Callaway X-hot pro 3,4 h
    Mizuno MP4 4-W, KBS tour-v, 110 S
    Mizuno MP-64 4-W, c-taper lite, 105 R
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file