Tiger WD’s from Bay Hill

Comments

• gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

No way man, Bryson and Tiger are BFFs now (source: Bryson's Dad)

they are still friends. u know sometimes u have to set a friend straight.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,314 ✭✭
    gatorMD wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

No way man, Bryson and Tiger are BFFs now (source: Bryson's Dad)

they are still friends. u know sometimes u have to set a friend straight.

I'm going to quit the game if Tiger has to quit the game. It's the right thing to do.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • hdr_richdr_ric Members Posts: 1,469 ✭✭
    Hopefully it is just a simple strain.

But you’d have to be an idiot to actually believe anything Tiger’s camp puts out, they lie almost as much as the current crew up at 1600 Pennsylvania ave.
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,824 ✭✭
    gatorMD wrote:

my neck, my back......

good song TW probably jamming out to at that massage parlor:

Thank you for reminding me about this song. A tremendously relevant post.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • youdamantigeryoudamantiger Members Posts: 409 ✭✭
    imakaveli wrote:

Tiger tracker back to his basement.

You know, the thing that gets me about the vast majority of Tiger's fans is their complete indifference to the game unless Tiger is playing. You can see it in the responses to Tiger Tracker's tweets when Tiger misses the cut or pulls out of a tourney. You get a lot of "Well my weekend is free now" or "guess I'll be watching football on Sunday." I understand Tiger's importance in drawing casual fans but if they don't stick around after he's done then what's the point?
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,309 ClubWRX
    Couldn't TW get some Voodoo Cream and get back in the API?
  • Pooh_BearPooh_Bear Members Posts: 99 ✭✭
    hdr_ric wrote:

Hopefully it is just a simple strain.

But you’d have to be an idiot to actually believe anything Tiger’s camp puts out, they lie almost as much as the current crew up at 1600 Pennsylvania ave.

Simple strains don't last several weeks. He probably should not have played Mexico given the way the Genesis turned out. I think he went close to 36 one day and dealing with rain and wind just takes a bigger toll. Only reason he played was because it was first WGC is was eligible for in years. Playing three of four weeks maybe not the best idea in retrospect. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious. On the surface it doesn't look good regardless of what he said.

imakaveli wrote:

You know, the thing that gets me about the vast majority of Tiger's fans is their complete indifference to the game unless Tiger is playing. You can see it in the responses to Tiger Tracker's tweets when Tiger misses the cut or pulls out of a tourney. You get a lot of "Well my weekend is free now" or "guess I'll be watching football on Sunday." I understand Tiger's importance in drawing casual fans but if they don't stick around after he's done then what's the point?

TW is just that much more entertaining to watch. U are always watching history watching him and never know when the Picasso is going to come out:

• MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members Posts: 848 ✭✭
    I have a pretty bad feeling about this one. Hopefully we'll get more info soon.
  • MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members Posts: 848 ✭✭
    edited Mar 5, 2019 5:27pm #161
    If it is a result of his fused back, we could very likely see Tiger walk away from the game.

I think he made it very clear that he is simply happy to have a decent quality of life back, and golf was just a bonus. If docs said he was in trouble, I doubt he would jeopardize that.
    gatorMD wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

TW is just that much more entertaining to watch. U are always watching history watching him and never know when the Picasso is going to come out:

https://www.youtube....h?v=Rl_oUUQlk24

That's fine. I certainly get that. But then don't turn around and make the argument (as some do) that he's great for drawing fans to golf. He's great at drawing fans to him. But in 3-5 years when he's done those fans will be done too.
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,615 ✭✭

imakaveli wrote:

Some Tiger fans are also golf fans.
  • John L.John L. Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭
    He's 43 with a history of breaking downs.

People expect any different now?
  • dropkickeddropkicked TorontoMembers Posts: 493 ✭✭

imakaveli wrote:

Well, that's how social media works.. You follow those who you find interesting and when doing so you're typically "surrounded" by like-minded individuals...

Perhaps you shouldn't follow @GCTigerTracker...

Idea_images.png
    dropkicked wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

Well, that's how social media works.. You follow those who you find interesting and when doing so you're typically "surrounded" by like-minded individuals...

Idea_images.png

That's great advice. And if I followed him in the first place I would certainly take it. I was speaking about Tiger fans generally, not only on Twitter.
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,382 ✭✭
    Pooh_Bear wrote:

Rangeballz wrote:

PZero wrote:

I know a massage parlor in Jupiter he can go to and get that worked on.

I believe they shut that place down while they restock the hired help...
    Or maybe he's the next take down for the parlor in Jupiter.....

There's some merit to this. Rumor has it Kraft wasn't the biggest name involved.
    Kraft and Woods are five letters...hmm Schwarzenegger? Yep, that's a bigger name for the tin foil hat crowd.
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!

gatorMD wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

That's fine. I certainly get that. But then don't turn around and make the argument (as some do) that he's great for drawing fans to golf. He's great at drawing fans to him. But in 3-5 years when he's done those fans will be done too.

that's rory's fault. if he gave a crap about being great he would be #1 chasing tiger and jack's record. someone needs tot take the baton and he dropped it in the lazy river.
    gatorMD wrote:

gatorMD wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

that's rory's fault. if he gave a crap about being great he would be #1 chasing tiger and jack's record. someone needs tot take the baton and he dropped it in the lazy river.

On that we can agree. As much as Rory has accomplished in his career, given his talent he's definitely one of the Tour's underachievers.
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,329 ✭✭

dropkicked wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

Idea_images.png

That's great advice. And if I followed him in the first place I would certainly take it. I was speaking about Tiger fans generally, not only on Twitter.

Youre a golf fan

And you dont follow

The best to ever play the game?

; )
  • Poor PosturePoor Posture Members Posts: 380 ✭✭
    Would be funny if big cat won the Masters with a neck brace on.
    Bigmean, on 08 September 2015 - 07:21 PM, said: "I know it is really frowned upon here, but hitting the club somewhere near the middle is generally the greatest tech advancement you can put in your bag."

Titleist 917d2
    Titleist 917f 15*
    Taylormade V-steel 21* 7w
    4-P Mizuno MMC
    Edel 52*
    PXG 56*
    Byron dh89 raw

Would be funny if big cat won the Masters with a neck brace on.

lmao. one of those sketchy foam ones used by people trying to get an insurance claim. that would be amazing.
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members Posts: 2,149 ✭✭
    Sad how many antagonists are secretly elated at the news and are down on their knees praying for his demise. Speculation and grasping at air...
    '16 M2 10.5*, Diamana Ltd. 70 S+ 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, DIamana Ltd. 70 S+ 41.5"
    Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
    Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    Byron DH89 Longneck 33" (or any of 10 4 other putters...)
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,669 ClubWRX
    A.Princey wrote:

Sad how many antagonists are secretly elated at the news and are down on their knees praying for his demise. Speculation and grasping at air...

Sounds vaugly familiar doesn’t it.......
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Dr. BlockDr. Block Members Posts: 610 ✭✭
    edited Mar 5, 2019 9:32pm #175
    Man, this winter has robbed many of you of your sanity.

Tiger could probably play this week just the same as he did in Mexico - gingerly. He’s practicing caution. He’s fine.

Spring needs to come and we all need to get back on the golf course
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,669 ClubWRX
    Dr. Block wrote:

I agree with that more than the first post. But I hope the last part you had posted is correct. That he is fine.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,115 ✭✭
    gatorMD wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

Must have been a boring decade for you then...
    lowheel wrote:

gatorMD wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

Must have been a boring decade for you then...

i got a whole library of vintage tiger on my comp. don't worry

Dr. Block wrote:

I agree with that more than the first post. But I hope the last part you had posted is correct. That he is fine.

I think he is. And if anything, maybe this neck tenderness will make him wise up and gear back with his driver swing a bit. Less potential for injury and more fairways found.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,753 ✭✭
    Potatohead wrote:

Maybe he relapsed and is trying to sober up?

Maybe he's being held for ransom by the illuminati until he comes out with a taped confession that the earth is flat and chemtrails are real

Chem trails are real.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot