True Game Changer.....2019 Aldila Rogue 130 Line Up. Trackman Data and Analysis

Comments

• TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,900 ✭✭
    edited Mar 5, 2019 10:27pm #32
    edryer3 wrote:

Awesome review!! How does the white compare to the tensei pro white in terms of feel and performance. I haven't found anything to knock my Tensei white out of the bag for my driver (70Tx) and 3 wood (80Tx)

Pro White is soft in the handle, stiff in the tip, and very smooth and reactive as you know. Rogue White is more linear, has less of a flex sensation in the handle, and is counterbalanced. Performance wise, it's both a bit lower launch and lower spin. I never truly got along with Tensei Pro White in the driver but it's been my go to fairway shaft for years.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
    115mph Data.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Ldub22Ldub22 ClubWRX Posts: 252 ClubWRX
    Why do you think this shaft performs the best for the really high swing guys (125+) and the 115mph? Usually the lower speed guys have trouble getting their numbers optimized with the real low spin shafts

Also, what are the 130 white numbers against your Synergy Black? - test them side by side yet?
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX Posts: 1,663 ClubWRX
    TollBros wrote:

"it performs like a slightly higher launch Hzrdus T1100 with a lot more feel to the shaft. The tip is very stiff which keeps the spin way down, but the way the shaft loads is incredibly linear and controlled. There is no defined kick area in this shaft, and unlike most very tip stiff shafts, you simply do not get the sensation of a lot of flex under the hands"

This would have been almost word for word how I would have described how my ideal shaft would feel and perform. When are these available?
    RonSwanson wrote:

TollBros wrote:

"it performs like a slightly higher launch Hzrdus T1100 with a lot more feel to the shaft. The tip is very stiff which keeps the spin way down, but the way the shaft loads is incredibly linear and controlled. There is no defined kick area in this shaft, and unlike most very tip stiff shafts, you simply do not get the sensation of a lot of flex under the hands"

This would have been almost word for word how I would have described how my ideal shaft would feel and perform. When are these available?

We have them in stock now.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1750204-aldila-rogue-130msi-lineup-white-black-and-silver/page__pid__18752814#entry18752814

Ldub22 wrote:

Why do you think this shaft performs the best for the really high swing guys (125+) and the 115mph? Usually the lower speed guys have trouble getting their numbers optimized with the real low spin shafts

Also, what are the 130 white numbers against your Synergy Black? - test them side by side yet?

Synergy Black produces very similar numbers to ATX Tour Green 2019 so you can sumise from that. And the higher the swing speed, the more spin you generate. If you can keep the load linear with a very stiff tip it keeps the shaft from flexing forward to a great degree and thus not adding a ton of dynamic loft to the head. And most of our guys fit the shaft first, then tailor the head around the correct profile for them.

110 data coming tomorrow.

• Want2GetGoodWant2GetGood Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited Mar 7, 2019 10:15am #39
    How much is the white delivered to the united kingdom?

I need something to mitigate my relatively high spin rates.

GreenGrassEvaluations.com does not work so I have no idea how to view these shafts in a shopping trolley environment.

How much is the white delivered to the united kingdom?

I need something to mitigate my relatively high spin rates.

GreenGrassEvaluations.com does not work so I have no idea how to view these shafts in a shopping trolley environment.

There is a link in the very first post that leads you to our sponsor area here.

• Dcoop86Dcoop86 Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    The counter balance is always so tempting to pick up speed... but you really sold the White and so do your numbers Toll
    Dcoop86 wrote:

The counter balance is always so tempting to pick up speed... but you really sold the White and so do your numbers Toll

I thought I was set and ready to go until this thing showed up for testing. I don't normally switch things around a lot, but Rogue White is really absolutely perfect for me. What Aldila has been doing the last year and half is crazy good. From Synergy Black, to X-Torsion series, to the new 2019 ATX Tour line, now the Rogue 130 lineup. Impressive doesn't even begin to describe this transition. I honestly didn't think I would even really care about the new Rogue stuff for my own game, as I thought the original lineup was medicore and it never impressed me. That's the main reason I was taken so off guard by this line. It exceeds my expectations in every way, including graphics and the way the transition is laser etched and progressive. So cool.

• BigHook25BigHook25 Members Posts: 2,293 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

Dcoop86 wrote:

I thought I was set and ready to go until this thing showed up for testing. I don't normally switch things around a lot, but Rogue White is really absolutely perfect for me. What Aldila has been doing the last year and half is crazy good. From Synergy Black, to X-Torsion series, to the new 2019 ATX Tour line, now the Rogue 130 lineup. Impressive doesn't even begin to describe this transition. I honestly didn't think I would even really care about the new Rogue stuff for my own game, as I thought the original lineup was medicore and it never impressed me. That's the main reason I was taken so off guard by this line. It exceeds my expectations in every way, including graphics and the way the transition is laser etched and progressive. So cool.

Now if only we could get more info on that prototype iron shaft.
  • Spongeb0bSpongeb0b Members Posts: 2,376 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

Dcoop86 wrote:

Thoughts on the White vs KKXD? Have played both 60TX an 70TX, think the sweet spot for me on tipping with those is about .75 inches, with .5 being safer than 1 full inch.
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members Posts: 1,368 ✭✭
    What really s**ks is the way Toll describes these shaft. Just when you think that's the one I want to try. Bam he hots you with something different.

The rogue white sounds really interesting. I did not like the original rogue. I do not like soft handle. And not overly counter balanced. I've found that throws my timing off.

What really s**ks is the way Toll describes these shaft. Just when you think that's the one I want to try. Bam he hots you with something different.

The rogue white sounds really interesting. I did not like the original rogue. I do not like soft handle. And not overly counter balanced. I've found that throws my timing off.

For a guy who wants traditional balance, super low spin and and some life in the profile ATX Tour Green 2019. If you want tremendously linearity in feel with super low spin and a little counterbance rogue white is my pick.

• mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members Posts: 1,368 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

For a guy who wants traditional balance, super low spin and and some life in the profile ATX Tour Green 2019. If you want tremendously linearity in feel with super low spin and a little counterbance rogue white is my pick.

At some point soon you will be hearing from me!!

I'm just not crazy about the looks of the ATX green. Crazy reasoning for sure! I'll be asking about a possible 3 wood shaft also. Thanks
  • HughlockHughlock Members Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Talked with a Mitsubishi rep. Rogue white is much softer then Rogue Silver. It was patterned after Tensei Pro Orange with a softer tip. Because of this spin will increase.
    Hughlock wrote:

Talked with a Mitsubishi rep. Rogue white is much softer then Rogue Silver. It was patterned after Tensei Pro Orange with a softer tip. Because of this spin will increase.

It's definitely smoother feeling than Rogue Silver. No doubt there. If you read the thoughts I speak about how stiff that profile can feel to some players. The White is unquestionably smoother feeling. Spin wise, they are pretty close really as you can see by the data. The difference really is in the feel and load of each. We found that guys who don't load up the Rogue White a lot, will hit that shaft very low. My boss for example is around 160-165 ball speed. His swing is somewhat short without a deep hinge, so he doesn't load the shaft up a lot, and this produced some shots in the 9 launch 1500 spin range. He just could not elevate the profile at all, however he played Pro Orange for awhile, and because of the way the handle feels, he was able to get more launch on Pro Orange. Player delivery is very important to how a shaft performs, and thoughts on a product are a GUIDELINE to what the majority of players may feel. However, it's very important to see a player swing in video or in person to help determine which profile may or may not suit what they need and will deliver best to the ball. It's why no review, or even data will apply to all players. Some guys hit Tensei Blue with less spin than Tensei White just based on delivery to the ball. Reviews are a guideline, not the gospel.

• naws-golfernaws-golfer Members Posts: 1,581 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

Hughlock wrote:

It's definitely smoother feeling than Rogue Silver. No doubt there. If you read the thoughts I speak about how stiff that profile can feel to some players. The White is unquestionably smoother feeling. Spin wise, they are pretty close really as you can see by the data. The difference really is in the feel and load of each. We found that guys who don't load up the Rogue White a lot, will hit that shaft very low. My boss for example is around 160-165 ball speed. His swing is somewhat short without a deep hinge, so he doesn't load the shaft up a lot, and this produced some shots in the 9 launch 1500 spin range. He just could not elevate the profile at all, however he played Pro Orange for awhile, and because of the way the handle feels, he was able to get more launch on Pro Orange. Player delivery is very important to how a shaft performs, and thoughts on a product are a GUIDELINE to what the majority of players may feel. However, it's very important to see a player swing in video or in person to help determine which profile may or may not suit what they need and will deliver best to the ball. It's why no review, or even data will apply to all players. Some guys hit Tensei Blue with less spin than Tensei White just based on delivery to the ball. Reviews are a guideline, not the gospel.

sounds like me, what profile was best for him?
    TollBros wrote:

Hughlock wrote:

What tipping did each tester use?

TollBros wrote:

Hughlock wrote:

sounds like me, what profile was best for him?

He hits Kuro Kàge DUAL core XT or Kuro Kàge XD better than anything else. He also really like ATX Tour Blue 2019.

110 data

• Boricua GolfBoricua Golf Members Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    I have the Rogue Silver 125 MSI 70Tx, it is a monster, but for some reason I am getting slightly better numbers with the Ping Tour-X shaft (both tipped 1"), love the feel and the ball flight though, it is better for me in more open golf courses, very low spin...
    Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
    Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
    Ping G 19*, GD Tour AD-DI 105X
    Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 33.25" with Scotty Custom Black Pistolero grip, Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up blacked out Pingman Grip
    Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1
    how sensitive to tipping is the Silver and White relative to the KKXD
    Go_Time wrote:

how sensitive to tipping is the Silver and White relative to the KKXD

Shoot me a DM and I'd be happy to get you fit into one and set up properly.

• Rosco1216Rosco1216 Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭
    60tx white came in QUICK.
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX Posts: 1,663 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 11, 2019 12:07pm #58
    Rosco1216 wrote:

60tx white came in QUICK.

2 questions answered in that post. One obviously more important that the other.

Uncut weight and what do the full graphics look like for the white.

Thank you sir.
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216 Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭
    I’d say it looks pretty **** good.
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • boycer11boycer11 ClubWRX Posts: 3,490 ClubWRX
    Will there be a 6s eventually?
    Ping G400 max tensei orange pro
    Callaway epic flash sz 3 wood
    Ping g400 5 wd rogue black 7s
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-aw limited black kbs flt matte black/Callaway Apex 2019 combo
    miura limited black tour 2018 54/58
    taylormade jdm itsy bitsy spider
    ping hoofer
    tp5x
    boycer11 wrote:

Will there be a 6s eventually?

I'm sure when it's released around the end of the year there will be a TS.