Maltby M-Series+ wedges

jrsharp21 ·  
jrsharp21jrsharp21 Members  1651WRX Points: 113Posts: 1,651 Platinum Tees
Anyone play these wedges? Been looking at them and thinking about picking up a 54* in the mid sole. I like the low bounce on the wedge. Good price also!
Posted:

Comments

• bellairemibellairemi Members  441WRX Points: 100Posts: 441 Greens
    jrsharp21 wrote:

Anyone play these wedges? Been looking at them and thinking about picking up a 54* in the mid sole. I like the low bounce on the wedge. Good price also!

I have had them in my bag and my son uses them in a 54,58 and 62 set up. Very nice wedge for the price and the mid sole is excellent for full shots and square faced chips. They are heavy heads though so if you play overlength, they might be an issue. Also, they cannot be bent.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • the bishopthe bishop Members  3872WRX Points: 876Posts: 3,872 Titanium Tees
    bellairemi wrote:

jrsharp21 wrote:

I have had them in my bag and my son uses them in a 54,58 and 62 set up. Very nice wedge for the price and the mid sole is excellent for full shots and square faced chips. They are heavy heads though so if you play overlength, they might be an issue. Also, they cannot be bent.

All of the above. I think they are a very underrated wedge lineup because they've got 3 different sole widths to choose from so a player should be able to put together a set that suits their playing style and course conditions. If I had to pick a negative it would be aesthetics. IMO Maltby seems to want to litter these and the Tour Grind wedges with unnecessary stampings and graphics. I'd like it better if he'd simplify that but I'm nit picking. Performance wise they work very well. bellairemi is correct they can't be bent. They tell you that on the website. Nothing they can really do as that is a byproduct of the Diamonized Black Metal finish - which is extremely durable btw.
    Posted:
    W/S D7 10.5*
    W/S C300 15*
    W/S C300 20*/23*
    W/S FG62 5-P
    W/S PMP 52/56/60
    TM Ardmore 3
  • jrsharp21jrsharp21 Members  1651WRX Points: 113Posts: 1,651 Platinum Tees
    Thanks for the feedback guys. With the low bounce on the 54, no bending needed for me. The heavy head comment really has me interested now. I play much better with a heavier wedge. I picked up a Ping Glide last season and I had to add lead tape to the back of the head. I guess I will pick one up and see how it goes. For $40 really can't go wrong.
    Posted:
  • taki27taki27 Members  154WRX Points: 76Posts: 154 Fairways
    They actually can be bent, but only 1 degree as per Jim Yacinich at Golfworks.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.