Masters Drive Chip Putt Competition

Has anyone ever attended the Sunday Drive Chip and Putt contest at Augusta? If so, do you know if there are a lot of pros playing a practice round that day as well and if so, can you follow them a bit, kind of a less crowded experience than the normal practice rounds?

Was it worth it to attend that event to hit the merch store, etc? Thanks -- Just finalizing my trip plans.

Comments

• balladmballadm Augusta, GAMembers Posts: 672 ✭✭
    Im going this year for the first time but tickets state you only have access to the main area by the clubhouse, ie. 18th green, 10 tee, and putting green. I can look at them later if you need me to. I doubt the masters items are for sale during DCP.
  • maga_golfermaga_golfer Members Posts: 363 ✭✭
    Course is closed to patrons. You only have access to those limited areas. It’s still a cool experience though.
  • Gregg JGregg J Members Posts: 5

Course is closed to patrons. You only have access to those limited areas. It’s still a cool experience though.

Do you recall if regular merchandise shop was opened during that event? Thanks.
  • Fore PuttFore Putt Posts: 120 ✭✭
    I took my son last year. He had just turned four at the time. We watched one group of older children each hit one chip and then walked to the golf course side of the course. We saw one group of past champions tee off on #1 (I THINK it was O'Meara and can't remember who else) and he didn't even make it to the 18th green. We turned around and went to the concession stand to get lunch and ice cream. After we ate that, I carried him all the way back to the parking lot becuase he was tired of walking.

As others said, you cannot walk the course. Yes, the golf shop is open and selling all the merchandise you would ever need.

It's a very neat experience, but I wouldn't take a child until they're a little bit older...it's a long walk in for a child and my son was already tired by the time we got in to the practice area.